1357 users online (293 members and 1064 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Demolish the House?

IMHO.. The owner of that house should take a loss and tear it down...NOW
    Some type of memorial dedicated to Zahra should be put in place on the site....JMHO

Quote Originally Posted by Emeralgem View Post
    IMHO.. The owner of that house should take a loss and tear it down...NOW
    Some type of memorial dedicated to Zahra should be put in place on the site....JMHO
    I completely agree with you. A beautiful park with lots of flowers or maybe a Jacaranda tree in memory of her life in Qld.

I think the city should buy the house and land then make it into a park named for Zahra.
    The landlord did nothing wrong and should not take such a loss on top of all his other losses..
    I mean busness losses,money losses, plus knowing what went on and he did not notice.
    I am "The Elephants Child."

i doubt it will happen, i would guess he collects the insurance and sells it

This has happened before.

http://www.ctv.ca/CTVNews/TopStories...ottage-101021/

John Wayne Gacy's house in suburban Chicago was destroyed by police as they uncovered 27 of his 33 victims, who'd been killed from 1972-1978, buried under his home.

All the buildings have been removed from Robert Pickton's pig farm in Port Coquitlam, B.C., where he killed and dismembered his victims. Pickton was convicted of killing six women while charges in the deaths of 20 more were stayed

The rented two-storey pink clapboard house where Bernardo and his wife Karla Homolka raped, tortured and killed Ontario schoolgirls Leslie Mahaffy and Kristen French was bulldozed in December 1995.

They also want to demolish the cottage of Russell Williams in Tweed
    where he murdered Jessica Lloyd.

Quote Originally Posted by myzzy View Post
    Personally I can't imagine anyone ever wanting to live there again...I know I wouldn't... Not under the horrific circumstances......JMHO

Quote Originally Posted by myzzy View Post
    Yes ... he could have it taken down to the studs and rafters to have the house completely refurbished. He could either rent it out for a better price or sell it. Some would be put off if Zahra died or was murdered there but, sadly, some would be attracted and it could command a better price.

Personally I am with you guys and it'd be better if the City owned it and made it into a memorial park but ... it would cost a lot to clear the site so would need a sponsor(s).

In some ways it is better to remember and memorialize Zahra where she was happy and/or where she was born ... than this place.
    Disclaimer: All posts are my own humble opinion. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts.

Justice for Caylee

In theory I think it's a good idea, but IMHO the owner of the house is yet another victim of these two - I can't even think of an acceptable term to call them.

But I do believe that Hickory will honor and remember Zahra. She has clearly captured the hearts of those in the community (as well as the rest of us). I don't know how anyone who's seen her smile could ever forget her... I know I won't...
    All comments IMHO, etc etc

I think it is a sweet thought but is unreasonable for the landlord to take as a personal hit and inappropriate for the city, county or any other government agency to partake in. What about all of the other victims of brutal crimes that the city didn't acknowledge?

That has to be done by private parties and members of the community.

And in my opinion, this is a place Z spent a few weeks at the most, and clearly not a place that was a happy home for her. If I were to personally contribute it would be to a location that was an association of happiness for her or a program that provides care to children with similar health issues that she faced in her life. Something that celebrates her life, not marks the ground where she died.

MandyLeigh is offline In Memory of my beautiful teacher Katherine Powell. Murdered by David Middleton
    I won't pass any judgment on the landlord for whatever he chooses to do to the house.

He has already taken some huge financial hits. To expect him to tear down the house, put up a memorial and continue to pay for the mortgage and property taxes with no rent payments coming in is probably too much.

If people want to gather together with donations and then try to buy it from him I can see but you still have to pay the property taxes and upkeep of the memorial. Personally I think money would be better spent helping out abused kids who are still alive in the name of Zahra.

All JMO.

Quote Originally Posted by MandyLeigh View Post
    I won't pass any judgment on the landlord for whatever he chooses to do to the house.

He has already taken some huge financial hits. To expect him to tear down the house, put up a memorial and continue to pay for the mortgage and property taxes with no rent payments coming in is probably too much.

If people want to gather together with donations and then try to buy it from him I can see but you still have to pay the property taxes and upkeep of the memorial. Personally I think money would be better spent helping out abused kids who are still alive in the name of Zahra.

All JMO.
    ITA and also agree that I wouldn't want the memorial to be in a place where this tragedy happen (if it happened in the house). A sculpture in a park somewhere would be lovely though.

I feel for this land owner.

I have an idea.. Why not donate in Zahras name to a childhood cancer research group?
    I am "The Elephants Child."

The landlord may not financially be able to donate the home and you can't fault him for something the renters did. I cant imagine how hard this has been on him and his family.
    No one said breaking the cycle of abuse would be easy..... But Rewarding it is! Video of My blessings! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oG_H4Tk5gJs

Quote Originally Posted by peg4x4 View Post
    I have an idea.. Why not donate in Zahras name to a childhood cancer research group?
    The camp that Z attended and made friends at might be another possibility if they accept donations.

At first I agreed 100 percent and then, as a local who knows the area, that is a VERY Busy street! Not 21st Street itself but 127 that runs right along besides it. I would say it's probably one of the busiest streets in town. There are tons of thriving businesses in that area. I don't know what the answer would be for Mr. Coffey. I don't think a Park would be a good idea simply because of the busy street so close. I guess they could gate it. I don't know.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast