5 Nov 2010 - KUTV - Talks to Josh Powell

Despite pressure from police and the public, Josh Powell has remained tight-lipped about why he thinks his wife disappeared or how she might be found.
But this week the husband of Susan Cox Powell broke his silence to say his wife is “extremely unstable,” and that he believes mental illness drove her to leave her family behind.
Only reduced scrutiny from her family and the public, he said, will speed her return.
“She knows she will be chewed up like hamburger when she comes back,” Josh Powell said in a Wednesday interview here with The Salt Lake Tribune.
He complained his wife’s family have created an image of her that puts her under too much pressure.
“She can’t come back with them treating her this way,” Josh Powell said. “They want her to be perfect, a saint with no fallibility.”

FOUR more pages of interview, each page more unfreaking real than the next. He more or less calls Susan a crazy *advertiser censored*!

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/home/50609169-76/powell-josh-susan-steve.html.csp

:eek: Really, wow this man is the one who is unstable. Just unbelievable !

Where is Susan Josh ?

That is the only way she can come home much sooner then later if you would just cough it up..... I do not know how he can live with himself on a daily basis ! This is all moo...

I stopped reading at the "She knows she will be chewed up like hamburger" because my it made my head start throbbing. UGH! What a choice of words...I swear, IMO, he must be a sociopath because he really doesn't seem to understand how to use the right words.

I'm gonna take some ibuprofen then give it another try....This guy is UNREAL!!!

That agent, and others from the U.S. Marshals service, were there to retrieve a GPS tracking device secretly attached to Susan and Josh Powell’s Dodge Caravan. Two court orders, signed by a federal magistrate in Salt Lake City and reviewed by The Tribune, indicate the device was attached to the van in January.

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/50609169-78/powell-josh-susan-family.html.csp?page=2

The device should have been put on the van in December right after she went missing!! I fear West Valley has really botched this case! :furious:

I read it all - finally...I hope one day soon that all that stuff he said about Susan & her family comes back - with force - to bite him in the backside.

I also feel really sad for her sons....JP & his dad seem like they are cut from the same cloth...it's hard to imagine that the only thing they say to those little boys about their mother is that she's missing.

I've been around inlaws that talk about the ex-husband/wife of their offspring to the grandkids, and it was mean, vicious stuff....every weekend they had some new mean thing to say to the kids.

I feel bad for the Susan's family & friends...I'm sure they're all just reeling over this...must take all the goodness they can muster to not drive to Pullayup & mete out their own justice.

What a bunch of garbage from Josh after saying *nothing* for almost a year! :mad:

Of course SP is the one who talks about sex:

SP believes his daughter-in-law ran off with a boyfriend. He said Susan talked with her friends about sex and the sexual encounters she had before meeting her husband.

“Susan’s very sexually motivated, and she’s very financially motivated,” SP said.

That agent, and others from the U.S. Marshals service, were there to retrieve a GPS tracking device secretly attached to Susan and Josh Powell’s Dodge Caravan. Two court orders, signed by a federal magistrate in Salt Lake City and reviewed by The Tribune, indicate the device was attached to the van in January.

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/50609169-78/powell-josh-susan-family.html.csp?page=2

The device should have been put on the van in December right after she went missing!! I fear West Valley has really botched this case! :furious:

I'm wondering if this was not the first GPS they recovered. Remember when Josh came back to town in early February to get his house ready for rental? The police met him at Walgreens, where he'd parked his van, and towed it away. It was gone for three hours. Perhaps they had one on it already and were checking and/or replacing it with this other one which they retrieved in May.

It almost seems as JP is rubbing in the fact he got away with murder to LE and the Cox family. Hopefully it will make them even more determined for justice.

SP believes his daughter-in-law ran off with a boyfriend. He said Susan talked with her friends about sex and the sexual encounters she had before meeting her husband.

“Susan’s very sexually motivated, and she’s very financially motivated,” SP said.

SP is just plain disgusting. And the "acorn" didn't fall far from the "tree". :sick:

What's SP sticking his :twocents: in for, anyway? How does he know about what Susan told her friends...and him yakking about the wet spot on the carpet really bugged me, too!...how the heck would *he* know what happened? Was he there?? I mean - really, was he there?

He seems to know sooooooooo much & the way he & Josh are sticking to some story, it sure makes me go 'hmmmmmmm'....I know that this was discussed early on - but now, it *really* doesn't seem too far-fetched.

Oh - another thing that really chapped my hide was Josh saying Susan ran out in the street to yell at him in her underwear. :furious:

grrrrrr...I gotta stop right there.

Just when you thought they couldn't get any slimier [IMHO]

jp, Karma WILL come knocking

Just when you thought they couldn't get any slimier [IMHO]

jp, Karma WILL come knocking
Can't happen soon enough IMO. Susan, where are you sweetie? Just whisper to us......

snip from posted link:

Steve Powell said he and his son expect to see Susan again. People wanting to find his daughter-in-law’s body to produce closure are “a bunch of morbid f------ assholes,” Steve Powell said.

“She absconded,” Steve Powell said. “We don’t believe she was abducted. We don’t believe she was murdered.”

Josh Powell said he has not granted previous interview requests because the people criticizing him did not deserve a response.

“They underestimate my discipline,” Josh Powell said.

oh... I think LE has not underestimated you Josh Powell. It is just a matter of time.

((might I add that this article made my blood boil!))

I don't know why SP thought that anyone wanted to hear from him :twocents::furious:

"They undererestimate my discilpine". Josh Powell said

Oh Josh most of us didn't. :furious:

This interview just has me :furious:

NEW: In response to Josh Powell's interview, Susan Cox Powell's father says "maybe he will talk to the police." @fox13now #Utah #findsusan

and

In a FB post, Chuck Cox writes: "We are still waiting for the truth and for Susan to be found." @fox13now #Utah #findsusan

http://twitter.com/BenWinslow

A spokeswoman for Susan's family reacted to Josh's comments in an interview with KSL News Friday night.

"The notion that Susan would have left like that is absolutely preposterous. There's nobody who knows her who would think for a second that she would leave her children. She may have been unhappy in her marriage, and she may have been willing to leave Josh, but she wouldn't have left her children under any circumstance. If you know the first thing about her, you know that she was a mom first and foremost," Shelby Gifford said.

Gifford said the Cox family would be happy if Susan returned today under any circumstance, and she casts doubt on Josh's claims.

"The public is going to consider the source in this matter," Gifford said. "If Josh was really concerned about where Susan was, he would have looked for her, he would have interviewed with police, he would have done everything that he could have done to find her; and so far that's not happened."

The Tribune article quotes Josh as saying the Cox family needs to be treated as an investigative subject. Still, Josh remains the only one listed as a person of interest in his wife's disappearance.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/...owell-for-recent-statements.html?s_cid=rss-30

snip from posted link:

Steve Powell said he and his son expect to see Susan again. People wanting to find his daughter-in-law’s body to produce closure are “a bunch of morbid f------ assholes,” Steve Powell said.

“She absconded,” Steve Powell said. “We don’t believe she was abducted. We don’t believe she was murdered.”

Josh Powell said he has not granted previous interview requests because the people criticizing him did not deserve a response.

“They underestimate my discipline,” Josh Powell said.

oh... I think LE has not underestimated you Josh Powell. It is just a matter of time.

((might I add that this article made my blood boil!))

Got a bar of soap? Who knew that the 'wonderous' sp was a potty-mouth?

Got a bar of soap? Who knew that the 'wonderous' sp was a potty-mouth?

Real class act there, isn't he?

And JP seems to be thumbing his nose @ LE w/ his "they underestimate my discipline" - not just the general public.

He sure seems confident - the takedown just can't get here soon enough for me!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redeworker
Back