CA - Jake Faria & Sara Powell for child abuse, San Diego, 2004

kayceebee

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
ARG!!! :furious: What are people thinking these days!! :confused:

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/family/3680156/detail.html

SAN DIEGO -- A Santee woman will be in court today to face felony charges after police found her 7-year-old boy locked in the trunk of her car while she celebrated her birthday in an Ocean Beach bar.

Sara Powell, 27, faces chages of child cruelty and false imprisonment. She was being held at the Las Colinas Detention Facility in lieu of $80,000 bail.

Police found her son locked in the trunk of Powell's 1985 Volvo shortly after midnight Monday after receiving an anonymous tip. The car was parked outside Winston's Beach Club. Powell was in the bar celebrating her birthday, which was Sunday.
The mother told police that she could not find a babysitter for the boy. She left the child in the trunk with a pillow and sleeping bag and told him to go to sleep, police said.

The boy was in good condition. He told officers that his mother had locked him in the trunk several times before for up to five hours at a time, police said.

:furious: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :furious: this is the kind of selfish cruel imbecelic moron vicious idiot i LOVE to drag off to jail.

Sprocket said:
Because it's the United States, and we have civil rights, people like this are allowed to breed. It's just the price of our freedoms.

And because of our wonderful judicial system the "mother" will retain custody after attending some 'parenting classes' :behindbar

For pictures of the "mother" :)loser: ) use link listed below......

Sarah Powell, 27, remained behind bars on Wednesday night on a $150,000 jail bond. She faces a maximum of eight years in prison if she's convicted on all charges.

In other developments in the case, police told NBC 7/39 that Powell's boyfriend might have been involved in the incident.

"It was a really horrific thing," Jesse Egan of Winston's Beach Club told NBC 7/39. "Never seen anything like that before."

Police said that an anonymous call from Winston's in Ocean Beach tipped them off. When they arrived at around 1 a.m. on Sunday night, they found the 7-year-old boy in the trunk of a car.

"He was lying across the back of the trunk of the Volvo," said Lt. Vince Villalvazo of the San Diego police. "He was in a sleeping bag. There was a pillow back there in an attempt to make him comfortable while he was left in the Volvo."

Powell was arraigned Wednesday afternoon on four felony counts. She's accused of locking her son in the Volvo's trunk for at least four hours.

"The doorman said he saw him open the trunk and the kid come out," said Egan. "Everyone just gasped. It was really unbelievable." for more of the story go to http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/3682046/detail.html

please someone, keep me from killing this female. :furious: every day, every way. i deal with this sh-t. i know a female who shot her 4 year old twin sons in the head. i need God to help me stay sane.

deputylinda said:
please someone, keep me from killing this female. :furious: every day, every way. i deal with this sh-t. i know a female who shot her 4 year old twin sons in the head. i need God to help me stay sane.

Hey, yeah. Whatever happened to that trial? We had a thread, but we never got any updates.

Jeana (DP) said:
Hey, yeah. Whatever happened to that trial? We had a thread, but we never got any updates.
it is on hold. i don't know why. i talk to her often, but am under a gag order.

Hey you guys know that this was in OCEAN BEACH.........in SAN DIEGO where Scott's brother John lives. The brother who sit's behind him everyday.

I know the bar where this lady was, I've been there once! . The Winston's Beach Club is without a doubt the sleeziest bar in O.B. I mean MAJOR sleezy! This woman scream's WHITE TRASH..............and yet she had no record at all. Probably living in that old rusted Volvo....... I have a Volvo too........quite roomy in the trunk and if her's was the same as mine there is a place in the trunk where you can open up and get into the back seat. This will probably BE her defense. She should never ever be allowed to have her children back. BUT, as Linda say's, she will. Poor little kid...........
VERY SAD!

xxxxxxxxxxxooooooooooo
mama

She didn't leave him in an unlocked car, after all. She protected him by locking him in the trunk.:doh:

I often wonder why people decide to have children if they are such a bother to them.

http://www.nbc4.tv/news/3695062/detail.html

New Charges Surface In Case Of Boy Locked In Trunk
Mother's Boyfriend Accused Of New Abuses

POSTED: 9:37 am PDT August 31, 2004
UPDATED: 10:42 am PDT August 31, 2004

SAN DIEGO -- More disturbing allegations surfaced Monday night in the case of a boy locked in a car trunk, NBC News reported.
The boyfriend of the boy's mother has pleaded not guilty to a long list of charges. Jake Faria is charged with child cruelty and false imprisonment. Prosecutors said they added more charges because he drove around with the boy inside.

"There were three other felony counts for driving with the boy inside," said prosecutor Jeffery Dort. "There were two misdemeanor counts for smoking marijuana in the minor's presence, and also supplying alcohol to the minor."

Faria's girlfriend, Sara Powell, pleaded not guilty to similar charges last week.

Police said they believe she locked the boy in the trunk several times.

Well, at least she saved the taxpayers from footing the bill for a trial when she was obviously GUILTY!!!

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/3941055/detail.html

Mom Who Locked Son In Trunk Pleads Guilty
Child Is Mentally, Physically Sound

POSTED: 3:47 pm PST November 22, 2004

SAN DIEGO -- A woman who locked her 7-year-old son in the trunk of her car while she went to a bar to celebrate her birthday pleaded guilty Monday to felony child abuse and child imprisonment.

"This was an incredible bad lapse in judgment," said Mary Ellen Attridge, attorney for Sara Marie Powell, 27.

Attridge added, however, that the plea bargain was made possible because tests showed the child was medically and psychologically sound.

Powell will likely be sentenced to probation and credit for time served. Jake Faria, Powell's 31-year-old boyfriend, pleaded guilty to the same charges and faces the same sentence.

Attridge said Powell and Faria, who is not the child's father, are living in a Del Mar apartment and hope to get the boy home and out of foster care soon. At the time of the incident, the couple had been homeless.

Powell was arrested Aug. 23 outside Winston's Beach Club in Ocean Beach. She was celebrating her birthday inside when police received an anonymous tip that a child was locked in the trunk of her Volvo. A dog was in the car's passenger seat.

Police found a sleeping bag, pillow and car battery were in the trunk, NBC 7/39 reported. The boy told police he had been put in the trunk about 10 other times.

No money for a room but money to buy booze on the birthday. Disgusting. That's the type that forms future serial killers.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brittinvestigates4u
Back