GUILTY CA - Aaron Shannon, 5, fatally shot, Los Angeles, 31 Oct 2010

JoeFromLB

Reaction score
http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/local/los_angeles&id=7760085

SOUTH LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A 5-year-old boy who was shot in the head by suspected gang members on Halloween in South Los Angeles died Monday night.

Aaron Shannon Jr. died hours after he was declared brain dead by doctors.

The boy was dressed up as Spider-Man in the backyard of his home on the 1000 block of East 84th Street when two men appeared in the alley and opened fire.

Police said the shooters are apparent gang members and one of them used a semi-automatic handgun. Authorities said the Shannon family has no gang affiliations.

7757562_448x252.jpg

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-1106-halloween-shooting-20101106,0,164404.story

On Friday, authorities announced the arrest of two alleged gang members in connection with the shooting. Marcus Denson, 18, and Leonard Hall Jr., 21 are both suspected members of the Kitchen Crips gang, Deputy Police Chief Pat Gannon said. Denson and Hall were booked on murder charges and were each being held on $1-million bond.

Gannon said the suspects crossed into a rival gang's territory looking for someone — anyone — to shoot as payback for a shooting earlier this year.

It seems the gangs are killing almost as many little kids are they are other gang members.

Little kids - just minding their own business, not hurting anybody. :cry:

:rose: Fly with the angels, little Aaron :rose:

This is so sad, that what should have been a night of joy and excitement for this little guy ended up in such devastation.

The gang violence is completely out of control. So many innocents being murdered. It is just senseless.

The last thing a parent should have to worry about on Halloween is their little boy getting shot to death while he's carrying a bag of candy, and wearing a Spider Man costume- and in his own backyard, especially!

I will pray for his family. All of these big holidays coming up, and he won't be there. I can't even comprehend their pain. He was such a beautiful little boy. Who knows who he may have become, given the chance to grow up? Just tragic.

Rest in peace, sweet Aaron.

This makes me sick to my stomach, a little guy dressed up like Spider Man, happy, excited, and some scum murders him. I won't ask what the world's coming to because, unfortunately, I already know.

We need to ask ourself why these gangs exist in today's society. Take a look at the ROOTS of this problem. You can only kill the poison plant by destroying the roots. It will be a hard, uphill battle, politically incorrect and all that, but it could save our children. Naturally this won't happen because of apathy and turning our heads the other way. Most of us don't want to see the areas or the circumstances that breed crime.

My heart is breaking for a little boy who wanted nothing more than a little fun on halloween.

The local TV news reported last night that tips came in to police from other gang members, and helped them close in on the suspects. These two are in for a world of hurt if they end up in general population in prison. They might do better on Death Row, where each inmate is housed in a single cell and interacts very little with other prisoners.

This is so terriable! How difficult it is to know that something as precious as are children are never safe just ...being kids!

Well, I certainly hope the pros decides to retry him!

What are those three jurors thinking? :confused:

OTOH, we'll see this guy's name in print again. One way or the other, he's a and will commit any number of other crimes.

JMHO
fran

A verdict is expected today in the third trial of Leonard Hall. Juries in the first two trials were deadlocked.

I'll update as soon as I hear more.

From last month:

http://homicide.latimes.com/post/he...all-he-got-shooter-sentenced-halloween-killi/

“Words don’t come easy for me when I have to speak about Halloween 2010 or the following day,” William Shannon said. He choked on the next words and stopped. He took a breath and started again. “He was 5 years old and 3 months, one thousand nine hundred and eleven days to be exact. That’s all he got.” In his final remarks, Shannon gave a few words for Hall: “I wish him well.”

Then the judge began to read the sentence. A flurry of penalties and numbers came in rapid succession. Fifteen years to life. Nine years with gang enhancement. Forty-four years for count two. Each penalty stacked on top of the next. The total: 128 years to life.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back