Deceased/Not Found KY - Andrew Compton, 18, Sullivan U student, 28 Oct 2010 *G. O'Bryan guilty*

KaylynnCouture

Reaction score
Andrew Compton never went more than a day without talking to his parents.

So when his parents, who live in Carmel, Ind., hadn’t heard from the 18-year-old Sullivan University freshman they started to worry.

But after his roommate told them that Andrew hadn’t checked in with any of his friends for a couple of days, they became certain something was wrong.

Andrew has been missing since Oct. 28. He was last seen in the 1600 block of Lucia Avenue near Bardstown Road in front of an acquaintance’s home, his father, John Compton said.

Compton filed a missing persons report with the Carmel Police Department last Saturday. The Carmel police subsequently contacted Louisville Metro Police to check into Andrew’s disappearance.

A Louisville police spokesman confirmed that the Crimes Against Children Unit was investigating the matter. But, police cannot definitively say whether they suspect foul play because of a lack of evidence, said Dwight Mitchell, a department spokesman.

Mitchell said he could not provide details about the ongoing investigation and Lt. Charlie Harting with Carmel Police — who took the missing persons report from Andrew’s father — deferred comment to Louisville police because Andrew disappeared in Louisville.

Andrew graduated from Carmel High School in May and was attending Sullivan’s culinary program with aspirations of becoming a chef, because “he loved pastries and finer foods,” according to his mother Angela.

John Compton said police told him that they have questioned a person who Andrew met online and who allegedly picked up the teen from his dorm the day he disappeared.

Police have not released that person’s name nor has the person been charged,
Mitchell said.

The family believes Andrew also had one previous encounter with the person prior to Oct. 27, according to Andrew’s personal e-mails they have read.

His mother said dorm video security footage she has seen shows Andrew leaving without carrying anything or having a backpack or suitcase or anything that would indicate he planned on not returning to the dorm that same evening.

She described her son as “very quiet” and “very reserved” and someone who might be easily overpowered. He is described as being 5-foot-8 and weighs 125 pounds.

He was wearing a gray hoodie, blue/gray v-neck shirt with designs on it, light khaki–colored shorts, white socks and a brown belt, according to a flier the family prepared.

Snipped from http://www.courier-journal.com/arti...+about+son+missing+from+Louisville+university

I hope he contacts his family if he's not being held against his will...his mom's worried that he's dead. :(

I wonder what the man had to say about the last time he saw Andrew...that he just walked off into the nite? he dropped him off somewhere?

I hope he contacts his family if he's not being held against his will...his mom's worried that he's dead. :(

I wonder what the man had to say about the last time he saw Andrew...that he just walked off into the nite? he dropped him off somewhere?
From the video on that link I posted, the guy admits picking Andrew up that night and taking him to his place but then he says that Andrew left his place on foot. Yah right. It is already been more than a week so this isn't looking very good. There are predators on those dating sites looking for young women and men. A young, shy, exploring Andrew seems an easy target for one of those predators. JMO.

From the video on that link I posted, the guy admits picking Andrew up that night and taking him to his place but then he says that Andrew left his place on foot. Yah right. It is already been more than a week so this isn't looking very good. There are predators on those dating sites looking for young women and men. A young, shy, exploring Andrew seems an easy target for one of those predators. JMO.

Thanks - Andrew leaving on foot sounds like what I expected...this is almost like an episode of Law & Order....as soon as I read 'online dating site' I was like :eek:

It's possible that Andrew did leave on foot & something else bad happened to him.

FWIW, there's a report of a body found near Ft. Knox - that's only 35-40 miles away, right?

http://www.whas11.com/news/KSP-investigate-body-found-near-Fort-Knox-property-106818463.html

Has it been reported what dating site he was on? Just wondering if it was something like match.com or something like those roleplaying video game chat ones that people meet up from?

Since the police have already talked with this guy,
I hope they have ran a criminal background check on him.

Andrew left on foot? That is just laughable.
Let's hope the police are looking at security camera footage
along the way.

Since the police have already talked with this guy,
I hope they have ran a criminal background check on him.

Andrew left on foot? That is just laughable.
Let's hope the police are looking at security camera footage
along the way.
for some reason I am even having a hard time believing he left that house at all....

definitely not looking good. at least they have a good starting point and I'd hope the man is under surveillance.

would be great if they got a subpoena to examine his hard drive. presumably they've got Andrew's already and are looking at it.

very sad.

:croc:
Has it been reported what dating site he was on? Just wondering if it was something like match.com or something like those roleplaying video game chat ones that people meet up from?

all I've heard is that his parents got into his email account & saw something(s) related to an online dating site...they weren't specific about which site.

these are some of my thoughts. the man who picked up Andrew is certainly suspect #1 but any one of a number of things could have happened and given how little information is out there, it's hard to tell.

while he picked Andrew up, I don't recall seeing any reference to how far away the man lived. so it is possible that they did whatever, Andrew did not want to spend the night and the guy did not want to give him a ride especially if the night did not go so well.

it is possible that they were partying and while it would appear that the man should not have provided alcohol to Andrew, we have seen plenty of instances where harm befalls intoxicated young men. so if the man was too drunk to drive him back, again Andrew might have opted to walk.

it is also possible there were more than two people present and Andrew left with another man. you'd think the guy would say yeah he left with so and so but he is really under no legal obligation to say anything to the police.

as for not saying more, the man apparently did speak to the cops. I doubt he let them into the house and I don't know if these few facts can form the basis of a valid search warrant.

while 18 is legal, who knows if that man has any interest in those younger. I would hope local LE is trying to come up with a plan to obtain a valid search warrant. I would hope they have him under their watchful eyes and are talking to neighbors. for what it is worth, they must have an email address or two of the guy and again I'd hope they are finding out what they can about the online names he uses.

Looking at Google maps. The walk would have been from Lucia Ave. back to Sullivan University. It is about a 3 mile straight walk (1 hour) just following Bardstown Rd. Not crossing any water or walking through parks as far as I can tell.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie
Back