Domestic Violence/Is EB a Battered Wife?

rbrnmw2

Reaction score
Do you think AB is a batterer? Do you believe he battered EB? Or was it the other way around? Did EB abuse him? I personally feel these 2 were toxic people and it was a very violent home!!

****JMO****

My guess is they are both violent people, but I tend to think EB is more violent than AB. Just a guess based on what we have heard so far.

I wish I could find that pic I just saw of EB having a major black bruise under her left eye.

My guess is they are both violent people, but I tend to think EB is more violent than AB. Just a guess based on what we have heard so far.

That's probably the likely scenario. Both prone to violent acting out stuff. But who knows. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Both resorted to violence whenever an argument moved past what they had the intellectual ability to navigate, which was often IMO.

I wish I could find that pic I just saw of EB having a major black bruise under her left eye.

I thought one of EB's daughters said she gave her the black eye?

As we still don't know a great deal re AB background, it is possible he had those tendencies.

Either way whether he did or didn't I am thinking that he perhaps suffered from the hostage syndrome where they end up sharing their grievances and ended up getting worse over time.

wasnt it said some where way back in the begining that one of the daughters gave her the black eye? JMO

I think, like many of you, both were prone to violence and anger.

That said though often it appears a relationship is mutually abusive when it really isn't as well. An abuser has a way of making their victim appear to be the unstable one - usually after prolonged abuse.

Years into my marriage my ex went into a rage - I became so angry myself and felt so hopeless that I started screaming back, hurling insults, and throwing anything in reach. Now, I wasn't the abusive one in our marriage but to anyone just looking at that screenshot in our marriage it would have looked like I was the aggresor. Not saying this is the case here but I felt it important to mention that not every abuse case is as cut and dry as it appears.

I agree it was most likely a very violent home. From what I've read about their virtual world activities, I can see it easily coming into real life as well.

I've tried before but now, I just can't give AB a pass for any of this. Even if he was the one being abused, it seems as if he could have gotten himself out of it. Or at the very least, he could have had Zahra removed from the situation. By all accounts, Zahra had a very loving family & friends in Oz. If AB had let anyone know there was a problem, I really believe they would have helped him & Zahra come home.

No matter how it started, I hold both EB & AB equally responsible for what happened to Zahra. They should face the most severe punishment afforded by law.

All JMHO

Both resorted to violence whenever an argument moved past what they had the intellectual ability to navigate, which was often IMO.

That's my thinking too, Mrs. G., based not only on my own overall onservations of the relationship, but also on things former neighbors and family members have reported.

absolutely not but I'd be glad to turn her into one...:saythat:

I think it was a mutal thing on both parts... maybe even some sick pleasure...

She looks capable of giving what she gets..I'm not concerned of her using this as a possible defense. She looks like a woman that could get hit in the mouth, spit out a tooth, smile, yell game on and start fighting back. I think they both were violent.

Being battered and abused is no excuse for taking it out on a child... especially one who is disabled. If that's going to be her defense, God help her... I don't think the jury is going to have much sympathy for either one of them.

To answer the question of this thread........let's see..............how can I put this.........

I believe if EB was a battered woman than I'm the Queen of England!

There how's that? Guess it shows where I stand on this EB being abused.

Isn't it a common thing for the abuser to claim that he/she is the abused? Kinda like to deflect judgement?

Still wish we had more background on AB when he lived in Oz. That would surely help.

I tend to think Zahra took the majority of the abuse when one of these two couldn't get the best of the other, and this IMO occurred frequently. This claim of abuse by EB - she gave as well as she got I think. I can't find any sympathy even if true.

I have not seen any evidence in news reports of actual abuse to Elisa.
No reports of her being bruised or hit by Adam. Contrast that to the abusive behavior
Elisa showed towards Zahra even in public. Also, when visitors came over to the baker
house to visit they often saw only the Bakers because Zahra was a prisoner in
her own home.

But no one in the news reports that I read said they saw Elisa being caged up
in a room & only being given 5 minutes to come out and eat.

No one seems to have reported Adam as making Elisa march up some hill so it would
make her be in pain to teach her a lesson.

There were reports of them arguing loudly at times but that hardly constitutes abuse of Elisa.

I have not heard of cops ever being called to the home to arrest Adam for beating or
choking Elisa.

Where is the evidence trail that Adam is an abuser of women or that he even abused
this one grown woman? There seems to be lots of stuff in news reports of their past behaviors
such as violent threats towards others and attempting to run people off the road
but nothing about him abusing Elisa or other adult women and that casts doubt on the
battered woman claim.

Note: Not defending Adam one bit here just noting there seems to be no evidence
seen in news reports to support any battered woman defense.

EB claimed it to be so in letters that were released through the NG show. she said she was the one abused with bruises not Zahra. So it is an accusation from his wife no police reports.

I tend to think Zahra took the majority of the abuse when one of these two couldn't get the best of the other, and this IMO occurred frequently. This claim of abuse by EB - she gave as well as she got I think. I can't find any sympathy even if true.

I completely agree. And I don't think all of Zahra's abuse came just from EB, either. I simply think that EB was less adept at hiding her abuse than AB. Perhaps his abuse of this child was simply less visible.

JMO

EB claimed it to be so in letters that were released through the NG show. she said she was the one abused with bruises not Zahra. So it is an accusation from his wife no police reports.
Exactly. As I said, I have seen nothing in news reports to support Elisa's claims of abuse,
no evidence trail of any kind and yet as famous as this case is
there would likely be such other reports surfacing if there was any substance to her claims.

For every other part of their lives there has been something in news reports to corroborate,
to make up a trail of evidence of past behaviors.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Prod3149
Back