GUILTY SC - Robert Haggan for child molestation, Anderson, 2010

sophclown

Reaction score
http://www.independentmail.com/news/2010/nov/05/anderson-man-sentenced-35-years-child-molestation/

Two of the children that were victims of this monster are my granddaughters. My heart breaks for my grandchildren, my daughter and many other family members who have been destroyed by this monster. I am going to write a thank you letter to J. Cordell Maddox, Jr. , the judge who sentenced RH this week. RH will never make it out of prison in SC.
I hope he suffers each second that he is in prison. My daughter and I want to begin working in a positive manner that NO other children will be hurt like this without justice being served. Please pray that my grandchildren, the other victim, my daughter and family will turn this horrible tragedy into something positive so that other children will not suffer.

(((((((sophclown)))))))

I am so, so sorry that your granddaughters, you & your family have had to endure this...it's heart-wrenching to read the article. :cry:

I can't begin to imagine what it must be like to have to listen to the monsters' excuses. It's always all about them.

GB the judge that he wasn't willing to let the perps just waltzed out of the court room, back to their crummy lives.

Thank you Texas Mist! It has been heartbreaking, stressful, sad, and tragic in so many ways. My daughter is devastated beyond words for her children. I feel her pain right through my heart. This monster has hurt his family so badly that it is just unbelievable. This monster blamed the children for molesting them in the courtroom during the trial. The lawyers, court clerk and others in the courtroom were astounded by the comments he made. The judge then took a break and returned to the courtroom with a 35 year sentence! So it was all about him.... monsters do not have morals!!!

Sophclown--My heart goes out to you, your daughter and your grandchildren. My prayers are most definitely with you all.

I don't recognize your name so I don't know if we've crossed paths. But eight of our children are survivors. Our experiences are what brought me to WS. I've stood in your shoes and I know all too well the devastation.

The sun will come up, I promise you that. However, it will sometimes need some help. I cannot tell you that life will turn right around and be wonderful as it will be a long haul. But you guys have each other. It is very important to attempt to get life going again, to stay busy, to help others, to love each other. It's best not to focus non-stop on the abuse. I found that it was helpful to have a time and a place to discuss it and to attempt to keep daily life as normal as possible. I boxed up all the court documents and kept them out of sight. Things like that can make a big difference. The healing is a long process but you get there one step at a time. The fact that this monster was found guilty and is being jailed is not the end....it's the beginning for all of you. As you heal, you and your daughter might well be able to help others. I know it's worked for me.

Please make sure the children, your daughter and yourself get all the therapy and counseling help possible. It makes all the difference in the world. I don't know if a Children's Advocacy Center worked with you but if so, they will continue to be a resource. There are wonderful therapy groups for victims/survivors and help for the children's caregivers. There are many resources in your state. All you need to do is to research crime victims advocacy groups. You are not alone, trust me.

I will continue to pray for your family and you can always PM me.

(((hugs to all the strong children and women in your family)))

Missizzy

Sex offenders are always focused on their own needs, Sophclown. It's appalling but they really cannot see past their own desires. I'm sure that this man's statements figured into the judge's sentence. I'm certain the judge was just as disgusted as we are.

Thank you Texas Mist! It has been heartbreaking, stressful, sad, and tragic in so many ways. My daughter is devastated beyond words for her children. I feel her pain right through my heart. This monster has hurt his family so badly that it is just unbelievable. This monster blamed the children for molesting them in the courtroom during the trial. The lawyers, court clerk and others in the courtroom were astounded by the comments he made. The judge then took a break and returned to the courtroom with a 35 year sentence! So it was all about him.... monsters do not have morals!!!

Grrrrr - It must've been so hard to sit there on your hands & not climb the railings & put a big hurt on him!!.

True monster to blame the survivors :furious: -- they think they are so smart & can use the good ol' boy version of the story...I guess that works sometimes but it sounds like this wasn't the courtroom to try that tactic out.

Always thinking about themselves & have *no* care for who gets hurt, as long as they get what they want....just can't stop the manipulation tactics.

It's infuriating just to think about it.

I am so sorry for what your grandaughters and other family members, including yourself, have had to go through. I hope that having this monster behind bars gives all of you a little bit of peace.

Thanks for all your prayers, kind words and encouragement, I really appreciate it! My daughter and I have been talking this morning on how we can help other people and children in this same situation. It will help with the healing process for all of us! The children are my hero's because they were so strong, truthful, and with their statements, a monster was taken off the streets! Because of their courage he will never hurt another child. I have written a thank you letter to the Judge in this case.
I have been at WS since 2005 but until now I was a lurker. Now I feel our voices have to be heard, so that other children will not have to suffer in silence. Thank so much !

(((((sophclown) and many, many hugs to your grandchildren and daughter.

My prayers are with you.

Salem

My daughter was the other victim. I am glad the judge gave him that sentence. He did have the guts to blame it on all the kids. If you and your daughter come up with a program or something to help keep child molesters off the street, please let me know!. Your daughter knows how to get in touch with me. Thank you for posting this and letting everybody know that justice has been served!!!

tln - I'm so sorry that he hurt your daughter and you as well. I think that the judge gave him the right sentence. He will never walk out of prison on his own accord. He is a monster that hurt these innocent 3 chiildren. My daughter and I are going to do some type of program to put people in jail that hurt children. We will let you know as soon as we have it worked out. If you have any ideas, please feel free to give any suggestions. You are very welcome and please stay in touch with us. Also, I hope that your daughter can heal from this monster's abuse. My prayers are with you both!!!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zen1974
Back