966 users online (200 members and 766 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Who will get Zahra's remains?

I have been wondering if AB goes to jail for the murder or abuse of Zahra, who will be in charge of her remains for burial? funeral? memorial?
    Will her bio mum in AU be entitled to Zahra?
    AB?
    the grandmother KB?

anyone know the law???
    Kyron, HALEIGH, ADJI & Gabriel NEEDS PRAYERS NOW TO FIND THEM!. Zahra & Jonathan in heaven
    Justice for Hailey!!!!
    No Justice for Caylee Marie..........

Biological mother, imo.
    Rest in Peace
    Joey, Summer, Gianni & Joseph Mateo

I have no idea of the law, but I feel that Zahra's mom should be the only choice. If AB had full custody of her, then she may have a fight on her hands, especially with KB. I feel that KB is equally responsible for keeping Zahra away from ED, and since she cared for her while she lived in Australia, she'll use that as leverage to try and control where Zahra's remians end up. I hope and pray that the courts prevail for Zahra's biological mother, to be reunited with her daughter once and for all. Giving Zahra's remains to AB's mom would just be further hurt, and it is apparent that ED and Zahra have suffered enough. IMO, MOO, JMHO etc.

Hopefully, Z's bio mum since she has been identified.

Unless her bio mom has had her rights terminated by a court she is next of kin.

Hopefully the Biological mom would have next of kin rights when AB gets arrested.

I would assume ED would get them. In any case I would hope she and KB could come together and show thier combined love for Zahra. Id hate to see the people Zahra loved the most send her to her final resting place amid a fight. Sweet baby deserves to be where the people who love her most would be able to visit her grave in a peaceful manner. JMO

Remember, KC Anthony had the rights to Caylee's remains even though she was in jail.

We'd have to look it up for the laws in North Carolina, but I do think that AB might have next of kin since he is the custodial parent unless Zahra's mother gets custody somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimster View Post
    Remember, KC Anthony had the rights to Caylee's remains even though she was in jail.

We'd have to look it up for the laws in North Carolina, but I do think that AB might have next of kin since he is the custodial parent unless Zahra's mother gets custody somehow.
    Yes, that would be the case in Massachusetts too. They only recently (last month?) changed the law to terminate the accused person's rights in this case after a man accused of murdering his wife refused to release her remains to her family.
    Opinions expressed are strictly my own (who else would they belong to???)

Caylee had no other parent in the picture though. It almost sounded to me like ED thought she may get the remains since she said something about so they could put her together. jmo

In her case though there wasn't any known biological father of Caylee. So it would be a good question for someone familiar with NC law. MOO
    Rest in Peace
    Joey, Summer, Gianni & Joseph Mateo

yeah, that was disturbing then Kimster, and would be equally disturbing if it happened in this case.
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

I would like to think that they bio parents would be able to have the remains of the child. And if there was no parents then it would go down the line to the GM or GP on both sides. I do not believe that there would even be an issue if/when the parent was deemed unfit. It boils down to next of kin. If bio mom fights for her remains then she will most likely get them. Especially with AB most likely going away for an awful long time(At least I hope they both do). Also, with the publicity that this case has garnered it would be really difficult for me to think that any judge would not give this poor devastated woman back what is left of her darling girl. I just can not see it. JMHO
    Sleep Sweet Angels In Gods Loving Arms

Quote Originally Posted by thisjusthurtsmyheart View Post
    I would like to think that they bio parents would be able to have the remains of the child. And if there was no parents then it would go down the line to the GM or GP on both sides. I do not believe that there would even be an issue if/when the parent was deemed unfit. It boils down to next of kin. If bio mom fights for her remains then she will most likely get them. Especially with AB most likely going away for an awful long time(At least I hope they both do). Also, with the publicity that this case has garnered it would be really difficult for me to think that any judge would not give this poor devastated woman back what is left of her darling girl. I just can not see it. JMHO
    That's the logical position, certainly, but most states have specific laws relating to who has control of a person's remains, and it's not always the logical or obvious person. I'm not going to presume to speculate on North Carolina's laws; hopefully it will be as you say.
    Opinions expressed are strictly my own (who else would they belong to???)

Quote Originally Posted by thisjusthurtsmyheart View Post
    As far as I know mom didn't relinguish all rights to Zahra while living so I doubt her rights under the law to her remains. I would at least sincerly hope. I do not know anything about the laws and which laws would apply? American? Ausstralian? Zahra was an Australian citizen - what does that mean in this case?

I sure hope one of our legal eagles can answer this one for me.

ETA I agree with your reasoning but know nothing of Australian law of if it would be applied? kwim?
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast