1221 users online (223 members and 998 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

NM - Los Lunas, Female UP8002, 25-50, Oct'10 - Alesha Daniel

** WARNING: RE-TOUCHED POST-MORTEM PHOTO AT FIRST LINK BELOW **

https://identifyus.org/cases/full_report/8002

News articles:
    http://www.news-bulletin.com/nb/inde...ying-body.html
    http://www.krqe.com/dpp/news/crime/i...-id-dead-woman -- contains image of police sketch, clothing and jewelry

A woman, 30 to 60 years old, was found in a field in Los Lunas on October 7. Her cause of death has not yet been determined. She had no scars or tattoos but she did have permanent, non-removable upper and lower dental implants. She wore a maroon top over a sundress, a brooch and a gold cross necklace. I'm stumped -- she doesn't look like anyone in recent missing persons reports I've come across so far.
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 03-05-2012 at 11:17 AM.
    <-- Watched one too many Hanna-Barbera "teenage detective" cartoons as a kid.

Snufamonbobball is offline But O for the touch of the vanished hand & the sound of the voice that is still.
    This is one I picked up on too. I haven't found any MP reports either. With all that extensive dental work, I wonder if she's not local. You'd think area dentists would remember all the implants.
    The more I get to know some people, the more I like my cats!

LE asking for leads -no new updates

Police look to identify Los Lunas body

<snip>

Anyone with information is asked to contact the lead investigator, Detective Lucero at (505) 352-7734.

http://www.kob.com/article/stories/s....shtml?cat=504
    What we are doing is just a drop in the ocean.
    But if that drop was not in the ocean,
    I think the ocean would be less because of that missing drop.
    ~~ Mother Theresa ~~

Where is Rachel Cooke? Missing since 10-Jan-2002
    Rachel's thread - WS
    RachelCookeSearch.org

NM- (NamUs #8002), Los Lunas, 2010 to: MD-Christine Jarrett, Elkridge, 1991 *GRAPHIC*

The missing person appears to be a "voluntary missing" case. If Christine Jarrett is the UP she would have been away from home approximately 18 years. There is a discrepancy of 3 inches in the reports. I considered the victim's L facial condition and that the 4-5" scar that is listed on Jarrett's report may not have been evident to the coroner. Jarrett has dentals with missing and "replaced" teeth. That term generally used to imply implants.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Jane Doe found October 7, 2010

Namus case #8002. Female observed in area several weeks prior to being found deceased. Composite sketch aired on local news\papers without success. Jane Doe has eight dental implants, non removable. This dental work would have cost over ten thousand dollars. She had no tattoos. Please read the case on Namus and if you think you have a possible match, please let me know. We can do a comparison. THANKS!

Quote Originally Posted by lsugirl View Post
    Namus case #8002. Female observed in area several weeks prior to being found deceased. Composite sketch aired on local news\papers without success. Jane Doe has eight dental implants, non removable. This dental work would have cost over ten thousand dollars. She had no tattoos. Please read the case on Namus and if you think you have a possible match, please let me know. We can do a comparison. THANKS!
    Mensch submitted Christine Ann Jarrett a possible for this UID.

Here's the thread designated for that specific possible match-up.

Submitted NM - NamUS#8002-compare to:MP-Christine Ann Jarrett - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
    Last edited by KateB; 05-01-2015 at 07:56 AM. Reason: repair url tag.

I spoke withmy contact and he now says the UID had all implants and my submission shows a crown. He did not get back with a definite rule out as he is checking the validity of report. I will contact him again later this week.
    Last edited by Cubby; 12-08-2010 at 02:17 PM. Reason: baiting

Quote Originally Posted by Mensch View Post
    I spoke withmy contact and he now says the UID had all implants and my submission shows a crown.
    That is not necessarily inconsistent, as the MP could have lost the crowned tooth and had it replaced with an implant. That is especially possible due to the amount of time that had passed (18 years) since the Christine's disappearance and the UID's death.

Quote Originally Posted by CarlK90245 View Post
    That is not necessarily inconsistent, as the MP could have lost the crowned tooth and had it replaced with an implant. That is especially possible due to the amount of time that had passed (18 years) since the Christine's disappearance and the UID's death.
    You're right Carl. A lot can change between the MP report and the actual time found. I find that the case with scars, marks and tattoos. But I even have a hard time with the 18 years and that is rare. So now I am waiting on two reviews. I hope to have a better answer this week or perhaps early next week.

Off topic.....I have another possible for the River woman. Sorry, I don't have a link to that one but would you please read it in a few and tell me how to close it. I will explain...

bump ..
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

Carl-
    I sent our forensic odontologist that name today, along with several others to try and match any dentals in Namus. If dentals are not available, I will request fingerprints from that agency and do a manual comparison. Thanks!

Jarrett is not on the list of rule outs:

https://identifyus.org/cases/8002

here is the full Namus link for this UID:

Christine Ann Jarrett is not on the list of rule-outs. I assume you have not heard back Carl?

Quote Originally Posted by webrocket View Post
    here is the full Namus link for this UID:

Christine Ann Jarrett is not on the list of rule-outs. I assume you have not heard back Carl?
    No, I have not. My only contact with them was on this thread.

I just now realized it was not you who submitted it. Oops! sorry about that.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast