GUILTY PA - Elaine Goldberg, 21, Nicole Piacentini, 35, & Casey Mahoney, 27, murdered, 2010

Filly

KICKING AND SHINING
Reaction score
Beautiful Elaine Goldberg's body had been found in a vacant lot with ligature marks around her neck. Philadelphia police have ruled her death a homocide.

The 21 year old Gwynned-Mercy Nursing student had left her home on Wednesday early and by sundown she had not returned. Her father grew concerned and went to look for her. Later police knocked at the family's door and told them Elaine's body had been found.

Dear Lord please keep this family, and bring them some sort of peace. This is devastating. I can't even imagine.

http://www.philly.com/inquirer/loca...angled_was_trying_to_straighten_out_life.html

The article makes note that Elaine's family is angered how she has been portrayed in the press. She had obviously been fighting a drug addiction and was winning. Pretty girl. Bright. Personally I hadn't heard our local news but a friend called to tell me about this. This is about a murderer who took a promising future. I pray they catch the creep who did this to this poor young lady.

I hope they catch the predator too.

Jane Valez-Mitchell is right - there's a war on women now...it seems like the more independent women become, there's more found dead by violence.

RIP, Elaine :rose: and prayers for those who love you.

Thank you, Texas Mist

There's a list of crimes in that area at this link. I see on November 3rd an attempted rape by a stranger. However, this is a high crime area and probably more than half the crimes commited there aren't called in.

Prayers that the Philadelphia Police find this perp.

http://philly.everyblock.com/streets/allegheny-ave/340-399e/

Elaine went out Wednesday morning. Police responded to a hospital call at 3:18PM. They notified her family at 11:00PM.

This means she had only been out for a few hours before the call came in. If Elaine had gone right down that way by public transportation it takes about tops 45 minutes from where she lived. Give or take. Perhaps she got a ride? The press doesn't say she had a vehicle that day.

That's a short window from when she left to when her body was found. Poor woman. Broad daylight. I'm not familiar with that side of the Avenue. If I recall there's alot of houses but not many people out and about. The other side of the Avenue there's all kinds of people all over going here and there. Well, there used to be.

Praying someone will come forward. I feel so bad for this poor family.

So sad for her family...there is nothing to say that can offer comfort, but I do hope they are able to get some kind of justice...
I was just remembering Phuong Lee in CA last night and now this case seems so similar...still no suspect in Phuong's case...:(

I'm beginning to wonder if nursing students are being targeted, or nurses in general? There seem to be quite a few nurses/student nurses who have been hurt this year...

'Course, since it's what I'm studying right now, it may just be that I'm acutely aware of crimes against nurses...but I don't know.

I hope they find her killer, and soon. And Phuong's.

Best-
Herding Cats

From August 2012:

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/breaking/Kensington-Strangler-Guilty-of-Murders-166431516.html

A Philadelphia judge found the so-called "Kensington Strangler" guilty Thursday of strangling and murdering three women in the city's Kensington neighborhood.

Judge Jeffrey Minehart then sentenced Antonio Rodriguez to three consecutive life sentences without parole plus decades more behind bars for killing and raping Elaine Goldberg, 21; Nicole Piacentini, 35; and Casey Mahoney, 27.

See Rodriguez' thread in the Serial Killer forum here:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?153999-PA-ANTONIO-RODRIGUEZ-Kensington-Strangler

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back