785 users online (88 members and 697 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 42 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

NM - Rochelle Cremona-Simmons, 47, Albuquerque, 3 Nov 2010 - #2

Thread #1

Originally posted by: CPP...
    Last Friday, my sister, Rochelle flew to Albequerque, NM with her husband, for a week-long conference he was participating in. Yesterday evening, my brother-in-law called to inform me that he had not seen her since Wednesday evening, when she left the hotel after they argued, and that he had reported her missing to the local PD. He said that she left in their rental car, taking only her purse and her medications. (She has cardiomyopathy and a pacemaker). She has never been to Albuquerque before and doesn't know the area or anyone in it. According to him, Rochelle called his sister, crying, incoherent and lost. She has not contacted anyone in our family, which is totally out of character for her.

Rochelle was/is driving a rented, 2010 Silver Buick Enclave (see photo below for make / model) with New Mexico Tag # 654PXA. If you see, have seen her / the car, please contact the Albuquerque PD @ 505-242-2677.

Please Continue here...
    Last edited by KateB; 05-02-2015 at 12:51 PM. Reason: repair url tag.

Last edited by KateB; 05-02-2015 at 12:51 PM. Reason: repair url tag.

Quote Originally Posted by aafromaa View Post
    I'm "gobsmacked" that it would be an issue. I wasn't sent any kind of confidential info or anything and I was inquiring on a missing person case and they were trying to help.

But I'm curious, if I was a reporter working on this case and reported on the news that housekeeping had spotted the missing woman the next morning and recalled it specifically because she had asked for the room to be cleaned early, would you think the hotel had violated some expectation of privacy?

If it matters, I do also have a press credentials from a former career - but really, I was just trying to find something out for CPP and I reached out to the hotel because I'm in the business. But if there was anything done wrong here, it wasn't by that hotel and if I had it to do over again, I think I should have just sent PM to CPP instead of posting it. So if anyone is "gobsmacked" please be that way with me for posting it and not with the hotel because they were only trying to get some info to CPP that they had already given the husband and the police.
    With all due respect to you, I am quite certain your motivation was to be helpful to CPP.

Without knowing you whatsoever and simply viewing you from the perspective of a fellow poster on a busy crime board, you posted information that, to my mind, would be key to the investigation and it seems as if you broke it here first. You don't know me from adam of course, I dont know you. But when it comes to a situation like this I am overly cautious when it comes to information being distributed within the first frantic hours of the investigation. And when a family member is involved in the posting I am even more cautious as I would want to make sure that LE had a chance to thoroughly vet the sighting before I passed it along to family. That is simply me. I have seen families when they have been given hope only to have it wrested from them in the end.

I am praying that Rochelle is having an extra long cool off time and that the maids were spot on with their ID. I am curious however as to this part of the information-DH spoke with the maids regarding the information, correct? Was it after he made the report or before? I am trying to figure out why he would report her as missing as of Wednesday night if he knew she had been seen Thursday morning. Surely the report would have been ammended?
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Location of conference....

Was the location of the conference at the Homewood Suites or at another facility in Albuquerque? If known, which facility?

I ahve emailed/contacted the 4 major news stations in the DC Metro area (also covers Stafford, if I am not mistaken) with Rochelle's story. I linked the FreeLance Star article and the Kota video, along with Rochelle's photo from her FB page.

The stations are

Fox 5 ~ http://www.myfoxdc.com/
    ABC 7 ~ http://www.abc7dc.com/
    NBC 4 ~ http://www.nbcwashington.com/
    CBS 9 ~ http://www.wusa9.com/

I will post if I hear anything back.

I have also posted to my FB page.

Would it be possible for a WSer to create a Find Rochelle FB page to help the family or would this be overstepping?

With respect to the 2 text messages Rochelle's husband received:

Where was HE when the texts were sent to him?

Also, did Rochelle and her husband frequently text each other?

Quote Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
    Are those bracelets meant to be taken off even to bathe? I would think you would always wear it, like a wedding ring, or in my case, my watch. Why would she take it off, and why would an attacker? Does it locate her?

I have an idea why her hubby would take it off..... and this is JMO - He'd know certain medical procedures could kill her, so IF she was found, perhaps he was hoping she'd get some medical treatment that might kill her?

Again, pure speculation and JMO..... and I am NOT buying dh's story for a breif millisecond. It is simply too over the top.... He alleges she embarrased him in front of people (sounds a bit egotistical to me, jmo), and then alleges she sends very disturbing text messages - reports her missing the following day AND thinks she'll just happen to show up at the airport? DH must think we were born yesterday. Nope, I think he set this whole thing up AND IMO he possibly paid the maids to claim they saw her AFTER she was allegedly missing.... ETA: In order to make it appear as if she left willingly...

They had an argument the night of Wednesday, Nov. 3. He said he wasn't speaking to his wife because she embarrassed him in front of some other people. She took the keys to the rental car, along with her purse and medicine for her heart condition, and left their room in the Homewood Suites hotel in downtown Albuquerque.

Rochelle Cremona-Simmons texted her husband twice that night, he said. The first time, she said he wouldn't be able to find her. The second time, she said he wouldn't be able to disarm the nuclear bomb she just set off.

http://fredericksburg.com/News/FLS/2...1092010/587021

Based on what the DH is saying, it sounds like he has a very vivid overactive imagination along with being quite egotistical..... I'd like to know where he left her... AND I hope LE is tracking him.... I trust this guy as far as I can throw him with my pinky finger.

JMO
    Last edited by Cubby; 11-09-2010 at 10:36 AM. Reason: add
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

I hope LE has thoroughly checked out hubby's cell phone. IMHO it might be interesting to see who he called after receiving the 2 text messages from his wife.

Cubby ~ Can you bring your last post on the 1st thread over? I think it is very good and valid, but will likely be missed, since hte thread is now closed.

Quote Originally Posted by hollye View Post
    Cubby ~ Can you bring your last post on the 1st thread over? I think it is very good and valid, but will likely be missed, since hte thread is now closed.

I did bring it over. I had left the window to the last thread open when I took the little guy to school and hadn't realized the thread was closed while I was enroute. It's here on this thread current now and thank you for the compliment.
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    I hope LE has thoroughly checked out hubby's cell phone. IMHO it might be interesting to see who he called after receiving the 2 text messages from his wife.
    Or if his phone pinged from the same tower as hers.

Have Rochelle's immediate family members (CPP, etc) and not just hubby verified the information that hubby provided to CPP, including cameras at the hotel not being operational, OnStar being unable to locate vehicle, etc.?

I am suspcious of anything that hubby provided to CPP as fact and am curious to know if it meshes with what CPP and other family have gotten from LE, the hotel, rental company & OnStar.

The Husband has said the argument was over her embarrassing him in front of some delegates, do we know if this was a verbal embarrassment or a serious case, e.g. getting drunk & coming on to someone?
    Could he of possible turned around & told her he/she was having an affair?

I’m just trying to think of reasons for him leaving without her, something final like “its over because you slept with X” maybe the nuclear bomb text was exposing the truth to another party.

I hope she is found soon <hug>

Quote Originally Posted by sc2714 View Post
    Or if his phone pinged from the same tower as hers.
    This is what I was wondering.

When she sent him a text, where was her phone?

Where was his?

Can LE tell this by pings or any other method?

I wonder if his colleagues were staying at the same hotel and if they had any contact with Rochelle and could give any info regarding the dynamics between hubby and Rochelle and both of their demeanor.

Page 1 of 42 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast