GUILTY GA - Bobby Tillman, 18, beaten to death at Douglasville party, 7 Nov 2010

ShowerSinger

Reaction score
On Saturday night, a girl was giving a small party in her middle-class neighborhood. It quickly turned into a larger party, via texts and such, and the parents asked them to leave. Once outside, a girl slapped a guy. He said he couldn't hit a girl, but would attack the next dude he saw. 4 teens have been arrested. Unbelievable....
Rest in peace, Bobby Tillman.

www.ajc.com/news/teen-beating-death-they-733714.html?cxtype=rss_news

This is absolutely insane. It doesn't matter what they do to these four thugs. This boy's life was worth infinitely more than this outcome. I would love to say that I hope these four pay for this for the rest of their lives, but even that is inadequate.
To the Tillman family, I am so sorry for your loss.

I just can't believe the brutality of this crime. What is happening to our youth!? Almost every day we hear of these vicious and senseless crimes. What a tragedy, he seemed to be such a bright young star. I can't begin to imagine what his family is going through right now. May he rest in peace.

The scariest part is this could be any one of our children being at the wrong place at the wrong time in today's violent world.

Even scarier there is often no way to tell which teens will end up performing these horrendous crimes...

What a tragic story. Prayers and condolences to this young man's family.

To the families of the animals that murdered Bobby I ask, how do you raise a monster capable of kicking innocent, defenseless human to DEATH?

Oh my God, this broke my heart.

Thinking of him asking his mom if his outfit looked ok before the party.......brings tears to my eyes, I can't help it.

RIP Bobby, you didn't deserve this.

This whole story breaks my heart. I cannot imagine being Bobby's family, but I also am sick over the families who have to face the fact that their child participated in something like this.

And I pray for the mom who chose to turn her son in. She did the right thing, and I'm so grateful she did, but it had to be one of the hardest things in her life.

This story is so senseless and horrific. I just keep going back to it thinking there must be more to it, but apparently there isn't.

RIP Bobby Tillman

This is one of the most gutwrenching stories Ive read here to date! I cant help put to my children into this situation, and that terrifies me as a parent. Would my son participate in such a horrible thing? I'd love to say no not ever, but I truly think thats what all of these parents must have thought. What if my son was the victim, how could I ever cope with that? I do not believe that I could. Such a senseless waste of all of these young mans lives. Terrible and heartbreaking. My heart goes out to Ms. Tillman, this mother will never be the same, she will never feel true unadultered joy again without a pang of sadness or loss.... and for that my heart breaks.

From February 2013:

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/crime-law/last-two-sentenced-in-tillman-death-get-life/nWFTK/

Douglas County Judge William McClain was direct but sad when he told Horace Damon Coleman, 21, and Quantez Devonta Mallory, 20, of their fate as a result of their Jan. 25th conviction by a jury for their part in what he called the “savage, brutal” beating death of Tillman.

“I sentence you to life without parole and may God have mercy on your souls,” the judge said...

Emanuel Boykin, who pleaded guilty last year to throwing the first punch that started the beatdown, is serving life with the possibility of parole after 30 years. Tracen Franklin, who was convicted of murder after a jury trial last year, is serving life without parole.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back