742 users online (106 members and 636 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Mystery Missile Launch Seen off Calif. Coast

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/...n7036716.shtml

Mystery Missile Launch Seen off Calif. Coast

(CBS) A mysterious missile launch off the southern California coast was caught by CBS affiliate KCBS's cameras Monday night, and officials are staying tight-lipped over the nature of the projectile.

CBS station KFMB put in calls to the Navy and Air Force Monday night about the striking launch off the coast of Los Angeles, which was easily visible from the coast, but the military has said nothing about the launch.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<full article and video at link>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I just heard this on the radio. I wonder if it'll just die down and we'll never get an explanation of what that launch was.

Well, gee, this doesn't sound very encouraging.

One says 'no danger or threat to nation, the other says they canNOT say that.

fran

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/conf...stery-missile/
    Military Gives Conflicting Statements Regarding Mystery Missile

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<article at link>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

This is very weird. And scary.I hope they get to the bottom of it. I'd like to know where it came from,but even more important,where did it land?

Col. Dave Lapan, a Pentagon spokesman, told reporters the video is so far "unexplained" by anyone in the U.S. Military.

The Missile Defense Agency told Fox News it did not launch any test missile last night that could explain the dramatic images. The Navy and the Air Force were also unable to offer an explanation.
    http://liveshots.blogs.foxnews.com/2...ff-cali-coast/

It's really frightening to me that a missile could be launched so close to Los Angeles and our defense is clueless. I guess I've been naive to believe that I was better protected.
    I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it left.

essies is offline "We're all just walking each other home." Ram Dass
    It's going on 24 hours later and no explanation?Can't tell me someone in the military or government don't know what happened!!
    Here's an interesting report from last night with a possible theory from Robert Ellsworth-former Ambassador to NATO and a former Deputy Secretary of Defense!!
    Last edited by KateB; 06-17-2015 at 08:54 PM. Reason: repair url tag.

"It's time to tell the story of a little girl named Caylee" Linda Drane Burdick
    The future has many names: for the fearful it's the unknown, for the reckless it's the adventure, for the pessimists it's the unattainable. For the brave, it is opportunity.

Someone, somewhere knows something... what they're doing is covering their respective a$$es because they shouldn't have launched the sucker without prior warning.

It's the government - I doubt we'll ever find out the truth.

“Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.” Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sr.

You know the military is going to say it was an experimental weather device, or something. When I lived in Orlando we constantly would see missiles or something in the skies all the time. There would be nothing about it on the news or anywhere. I got use to it. My kids would be playing outside and say look it's the shuttle, and I knew it wasn't but I would go along not to scare them.
    It's almost been a year since we did our last show.Jay Bush my partner has been auditioning for the show Shark Tank and so this has put the show on hold. If he gets on Shark Tank, we will be terribly delayed. Good luck Jay. Either way we will one day continue the show and have the coolest global independent radio station out there. This is just a small video we did with one of our artists.Waiting for One and their tune 35 years. Check it out.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7Go80y20fA
    We hope to be doing a radio show with all our artists real soon. Hope you can join in the fun. Please bare with us while we improve the show especially the sound.
    Laserdog Enterprises would like to bring you our version of a Tribute to the Angels of Newtown. Another school shooting in Georgia thankfully no children were hurt.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axOGOBT77Xs

Please take a few moments and visit the missing children site. We really need you.
    Click on the link to find a missing child,teen or adult.

http://www.missingkids.com/missingki...eCountry=en_US

Well, they are still saying this is undetermined.

Gosh! That really makes me feel better. NOT!

Anyway, some are saying it appears to be fired from a submerged vessel.

Note to self, that means submarine!

Anyway, there was a contingent of vessels out there at the time. MAYBE they {goofed!} and accidentally shot a missle!

Like others have said, we may never know.

JMHO
    fran

I'm assuming this was one of ours or we would be hearing about jets, etc., scrambling in response.

So I wonder when the military will figure out that candor actually builds trust.

If they announced that submariner John Doe accidentally set off a (hopefully unarmed) nuclear missile, I'd be upset, but assume the Navy would review its procedures and correct them.

All this "mystery" just seems like CYA and makes me less confident that any correction will ensue.

While I tend to agree with Nova inasmuch as we'd probably have seen a bit more defensive activity...I also disagree. As a Los Angelean, I did see a lot of military type helis yesterday afternoon, but since Veteran's Day is tomorrow, it might be something for that.

I do know this bothers me a lot. Our country has a history of not telling us the frank truth about things - how many of us know that a balloon bomb came here during WWII, for example? And how many of us know how many terrorist plots have been thwarted?

What worries me is that this appears to be from a submerged vessel. We have subs off our coast on a regular basis. But they don't tend to shoot things. If this was another country or terrorist group shooting something off, they were either testing our reaction capabilities, or demonstrating that they could get this close without detection.

Both of those are scary to me.

I am hoping that someone leaned on the dashboard of a sub, and accidentally set it off. I am not at all certain that it was that...the sequence to send off a missle is a bit more complicated than that. But that's what I'm hoping.

Let's see what today brings, in terms of news...

Best-
    Herding Cats

Quote Originally Posted by Herding Cats View Post
    While I tend to agree with Nova inasmuch as we'd probably have seen a bit more defensive activity...I also disagree. As a Los Angelean, I did see a lot of military type helis yesterday afternoon, but since Veteran's Day is tomorrow, it might be something for that.

I do know this bothers me a lot. Our country has a history of not telling us the frank truth about things - how many of us know that a balloon bomb came here during WWII, for example? And how many of us know how many terrorist plots have been thwarted?

What worries me is that this appears to be from a submerged vessel. We have subs off our coast on a regular basis. But they don't tend to shoot things. If this was another country or terrorist group shooting something off, they were either testing our reaction capabilities, or demonstrating that they could get this close without detection.

Both of those are scary to me.

I am hoping that someone leaned on the dashboard of a sub, and accidentally set it off. I am not at all certain that it was that...the sequence to send off a missle is a bit more complicated than that. But that's what I'm hoping.

Let's see what today brings, in terms of news...

Best-
    Herding Cats
    I agree with you about the government not telling us about things going on. The Japanese balloon bombing during WW2 is just the tip of the iceberg. During WW2 the government covered a lot of stuff up including the fact that German and Japanese subs were sinking ships left and right in the Gulf of Mexico, the East coast, the West coast and Canada. Here is an interesting Wikipedia article about it.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attacks...g_World_War_II

But with this I'm leaning towards somebody that likes to tinker with stuff built a rocket and decided to launch it.
    Last edited by KateB; 06-17-2015 at 08:54 PM. Reason: repair url tag.

Ok,so they "think" it was just a passenger jet. But whats scary is they really can't say absolutley. With all the radar and things we have to detect stuff,they can't say for sure?!!! Makes you wonder.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-11731014

With as much tracking that goes on with our flights these days, if it was a simple airplane they would know. And they would know the flight number. And where it left from. And where it was going. And how many people were on board. And a billion other things. It wouldn't take any "detection" equipment if it was just an airplane.

Most likely it's much ado about nothing, and it's the usual- Lockheed doing Stealth Fighter/Bomber testing...
    This is the year to locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin NamUs MP#876 and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff NamUs MP#6410 and bring them home to their families!

Parents watch your children. Free-range parenting leads to more child victims.

Cruelty to humans begins with cruelty to animals.

I believe in closure, not forgiveness. I'm also unapologetically judgemental.

JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast