FBI: 69 child prostitutes rescued

Misfitdolly

Reaction score
I didn't see this anywhere, feel free to remove if it's already been posted.

"A three-day federal crackdown on child prostitution rings across the country has resulted in the recovery of 69 children and the arrest of 884 people, including 99 pimps, federal authorities said Monday."

"The city where the most children were recovered was Seattle, Washington, with 16"

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/11/08/us.child.prostitution/index.html?hpt=T2

FBI: 69 child prostitutes rescued, 99 pimps held

Nearly 900 adults arrested across U.S.; kids ranged in age from 12 to 17

WASHINGTON — More than five dozen child prostitutes have been found as part of a three-day nationwide crackdown on the sexual exploitation of children, the FBI said.
FBI spokesman Jason Pack said Monday that 69 children were removed from prostitution and 99 suspected pimps were arrested in 40 cities across 30 states and the District of Columbia. Authorities arrested 785 other adults on a variety state and local charges, Pack said.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40084045/from/RSS/?gt1=43001

Thank God! I am going to read the article right now... thank you for sharing this JBean. I hope they all rot in prison... this has got to stop!

I am glad they are doing something to spread the word..our children are NOT FOR SALE! Thank you for sharing this story.

Great to hear on the 1 year anniversary of Shaniya's death!!!

You are right, our children are not for sale (check out my siggy)

I am so happy to hear this!!! Some of these children were returned to their families, but some were placed in protective custody. I hope that those children aren't "forgotten" and are given the love and support that they need and deserve.

Great to hear on the 1 year anniversary of Shaniya's death!!!

You are right, our children are not for sale (check out my siggy)

I love your signature line. Shaniya's death was so tragic and horrific. I am so glad to that they were sending out the message that your siggy says so well!

Thanks!

I love your signature line. Shaniya's death was so tragic and horrific. I am so glad to that they were sending out the message that your siggy says so well!

Thanks!

Thanks Angel. I think of her everyday.

Hurray they got another 69!

And I wish that I could end it at that :( But I won't. Unfortunately they have one of these sweeps about once or twice a year. And they always find kids. And the number of kids they find seems to be increasing. Most of those kids are probably runaways, but some of those kids may be on the missing children's list too. To me this just seems so sad and so wrong. I just wish there was some way to do those sweeps more often.

We think of Thailand as the city that deals in child sex crimes, but it happens in this country too. Maybe not as openly, but it does happen. Just think. For each of those 69 they rescued, think of how many people who knew where they were, who knew or had some idea that they were minors. Now think of how many didn't report it. Really really sad. It may be more open in Thailand, but it is still much too open here.

Hurray they got another 69!

And I wish that I could end it at that :( But I won't. Unfortunately they have one of these sweeps about once or twice a year. And they always find kids. And the number of kids they find seems to be increasing. Most of those kids are probably runaways, but some of those kids may be on the missing children's list too. To me this just seems so sad and so wrong. I just wish there was some way to do those sweeps more often.

We think of Thailand as the city that deals in child sex crimes, but it happens in this country too. Maybe not as openly, but it does happen. Just think. For each of those 69 they rescued, think of how many people who knew where they were, who knew or had some idea that they were minors. Now think of how many didn't report it. Really really sad. It may be more open in Thailand, but it is still much too open here.

So true, mysteriew. Very good point. This morning John Walsh was on some morning show talking about the child prostitution in Thailand. My neighbor said "Oh it's so sad these third world countries this happens." I told her it's happening now right here in the United States as well.

Amen for the 69 poor kids being saved at least. May they all get good counseling and hopefully some day some peace.

Here's a link explaining 16 people were arrested in New Jersey as part of the sting.

Runaway's attracted to New York/New Jersey because of the fashion industry. Poor kids. Apparently Atlantic City sees alot as well because of tourism.

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2010/11/fbi_arrests_16_in_nj_prostitut.html

69 missing children finally found! Bless them, may their parents have them back and to a happy life again!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88
Back