1194 users online (245 members and 949 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 28
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    2,549

    MO - Randy Stone, 42, murdered, Independence, 31 March 2010

    SPARTANBURG, SC (AP) - A former Missouri pastor being held in South Carolina has been indicted in the shooting death of one of his parishioners.

    http://www.wistv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13478579

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    24,159
    Okay, there' something truly weird, wrong here... it's one thing for a pastor to have shot somebody, but as a suspect/perp, he shouldn't even be allowed to attend the funeral, much less preside over it. Talk about lack of respect for the victim!!!
    This is the year to locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin NamUs MP#876 and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff NamUs MP#6410 and bring them home to their families!

    Parents watch your children. Free-range parenting leads to more child victims.

    Cruelty to humans begins with cruelty to animals.

    I believe in closure, not forgiveness. I'm also unapologetically judgemental.

    JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    30,165
    Former pastor David Love charged with murder of Independence businessman
    ---
    "Stone’s family members say Love was having an affair with Stone’s wife."
    ---

    http://www.nbcactionnews.com/dpp/new...ce-businessman

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    33,799
    Quote Originally Posted by LinasK View Post
    Okay, there' something truly weird, wrong here... it's one thing for a pastor to have shot somebody, but as a suspect/perp, he shouldn't even be allowed to attend the funeral, much less preside over it. Talk about lack of respect for the victim!!!
    I don't think anyone knew at the time of the funeral that the pastor was responsible. But the lack of respect from the pastor who knew he was responsible......holy cow! That's balsy.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    30,165
    Ex-pastor accused of killing church member returns in cuffs
    ---
    [David K.] Love, 50, allegedly shot [Randy] Stone, 42, to death March 31 in Stone’s Noland Road office.

    Days later, Love gave the eulogy at Stone’s funeral, saying that Stone had treated him like a best friend.

    “Randy made it his business to love people and to be loved by them,” Love told The Star the day before the funeral. “He did it in a fun, loving way. He just had this magnanimity, a way of drawing people close to him.”
    ---
    more at
    http://www.kansascity.com/2010/12/02...ng-church.html

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Rochester, New York
    Posts
    30,559
    Quote Originally Posted by stillwatersc View Post
    SPARTANBURG, SC (AP) - A former Missouri pastor being held in South Carolina has been indicted in the shooting death of one of his parishioners.

    http://www.wistv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13478579
    Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    Former pastor David Love charged with murder of Independence businessman
    ---
    "Stone’s family members say Love was having an affair with Stone’s wife."
    ---

    http://www.nbcactionnews.com/dpp/new...ce-businessman
    I hope people didn't take his sermons seriously!! It's unclear in the last article if he's out on bond or not? I hope not he skipped town once already.

    What an ironic last name for this Jackass!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    30,165
    Randy Stone's homicide attracts 48 Hours Mystery and Dateline NBC
    ---
    David Love, the former pastor of New Hope Baptist Church in Independence, made his first appearance in court yesterday since his extradition from South Carolina on a charge of first-degree murder. Love, 50, allegedly shot and killed Stone on March 31. Rumors are that there's a "bidding war" between the two most salacious true-crime shows, Dateline NBC and CBS's 48 Hours Mystery, for the inside track on all the nasty details.
    ---
    [Indepencence police spokesman Tom] Gentry is careful to add that he can't characterize the rivalry between media sources on the Stone case as a bidding war. "There is nothing to bid on as far as we are concerned," he writes. "We do not have anything for sale. We treat national and international media the same as the local media. If they show up for a news conference, or receive a news release through the Associated Press, they get the same information the local media gets."

    http://blogs.pitch.com/plog/2010/12/...e_48_hours.php

    BBC's already come calling as well.
    Last edited by wfgodot; 12-03-2010 at 07:19 PM.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    30,165
    Man allegedly slain by pastor was passionate dad, optimist

    Randy Stone kept a self-help manual that asked the reader to list his or her most influential person.

    Stone wrote his pastor’s name: David Love.

    Stone’s memorial service in April attracted an overflow crowd at an Independence funeral home.

    Love preached at it.
    ---
    “We come to the word of God to try to reconcile the difference between man’s point of view that death seems so permanent and God’s point of view that death is precious,” Love said that day in remarks captured on a recording.

    “We sit here and we weep not just because of the separation from our loved one but because of all the questions that death brings, questions like ‘Why?’ ‘Why him? ‘Why now?’

    “Without answers, death seems so cold.”
    ---

    lengthy KC Star article here:
    http://www.kansascity.com/2010/12/12...te-father.html

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Rochester, New York
    Posts
    30,559
    Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    Man allegedly slain by pastor was passionate dad, optimist

    Randy Stone kept a self-help manual that asked the reader to list his or her most influential person.

    Stone wrote his pastor’s name: David Love.

    Stone’s memorial service in April attracted an overflow crowd at an Independence funeral home.

    Love preached at it.
    ---
    “We come to the word of God to try to reconcile the difference between man’s point of view that death seems so permanent and God’s point of view that death is precious,” Love said that day in remarks captured on a recording.

    “We sit here and we weep not just because of the separation from our loved one but because of all the questions that death brings, questions like ‘Why?’ ‘Why him? ‘Why now?’

    “Without answers, death seems so cold.”
    ---

    lengthy KC Star article here:
    http://www.kansascity.com/2010/12/12...te-father.html
    Maaaaaaannnnnn, if he really did kill him that's cold!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    30,165
    Ex-pastor pleads not guilty in slaying of insurance agent

    Former pastor David Love pleaded not guilty today to first-degree murder and armed criminal action charges in the 2010 killing of Independence insurance agent Randy Stone.
    ---
    As part of their homicide investigation, Independence police searched New Hope Baptist Church at 18000 E. Lexington Road. Stone had been active in the church, including driving a Sunday School bus.
    ---
    Prosecutors have not revealed the evidence that led them to Love.

    Stone’s family has said that Love was having an affair with Stone’s wife.

    Love’s next court date was set for Feb. 4.
    more at
    http://www.kansascity.com/2011/01/10...guilty-in.html


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    30,165
    Widow of slain Independence insurance agent indicted in his death (Kansas City Star)
    Teresa L. Stone, the widow of an Independence insurance agent allegedly killed by her long-time lover, now stands accused of helping plan the crime.

    A Jackson County grand jury indicted her with conspiracy to commit first-degree murder in connection with the March 31, 2010, death of her husband, Randy Stone, in his Noland Road office.

    The charge alleges that she conspired with David Love, a former Independence minister, to kill her husband, according to Jackson County prosecutors.
    ---
    much more, including mug shots, at kansascity.com link above; a sordid tale, this one

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    2,036
    C'mon, WFG--you made this one up!
    TAPU'S BLOG
    Murder in the Hills

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    30,165
    Quote Originally Posted by tapu View Post
    C'mon, WFG--you made this one up!
    I can but quote the great Oscar Wilde:

    "It's no wonder that truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense."

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    2,549
    http://www.opposingviews.com/i/cops-...e-kill-husband

    The wife was in on it. Surprise. Surprise.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    30,165
    David Love admits killing congregation member (Kansas City Star)

    Former Baptist church pastor David Love pleaded guilty this morning to second-degree murder and armed criminal action in the March 2010 killing of Independence insurance agent Randy Stone.

    A judge sentenced Love to life in prison, authorities said.

    Love, who gave the eulogy at Stone’s funeral, was indicted last year on charges that he killed Stone, a member of his congregation. Stone’s family later said that Love was having an affair with Stone’s wife, Teresa. She was charged in May with conspiracy to commit first-degree murder and is scheduled for trial in April. That case is continuing.
    ---
    more at link above

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. GUILTY GA - Rosie Gaskins, 26, murdered, Willacoochee, 7 March 2010
    By OkieGranny in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-03-2017, 03:19 PM
  2. GUILTY NM - Joel Leyva, 52, brutally murdered, Albuquerque, 22 March 2010
    By cluciano63 in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 11-07-2015, 06:33 PM
  3. GUILTY LA - Justin Bloxom, 12, abducted & murdered, Stonewall, 31 March 2010
    By Kimberlyd125 in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 94
    Last Post: 04-05-2014, 06:24 PM
  4. GUILTY CA - Taylor Powell, 21, brutally murdered, Klamath, 21 March 2010
    By Oblio in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 09-07-2012, 10:08 AM

Tags for this Thread