1239 users online (297 members and 942 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 48 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

NM - Rochelle Cremona-Simmons, 47, Albuquerque, 3 Nov 2010 - #3

Please continue here.

Thread 2

Thread 1

Quote Originally Posted by imamaze View Post
    Remember there a thread for media and timeline for Rochelle. Please be sure to post any links to media in this thread also: NM NM - Rochelle Cremona-Simmons, Media Links NO DISCUSSION PLEASE - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Salem

Originally posted by: CPP...
    Last Friday, my sister, Rochelle flew to Albequerque, NM with her husband, for a week-long conference he was participating in. Yesterday evening, my brother-in-law called to inform me that he had not seen her since Wednesday evening, when she left the hotel after they argued, and that he had reported her missing to the local PD. He said that she left in their rental car, taking only her purse and her medications. (She has cardiomyopathy and a pacemaker). She has never been to Albuquerque before and doesn't know the area or anyone in it. According to him, Rochelle called his sister, crying, incoherent and lost. She has not contacted anyone in our family, which is totally out of character for her.

Rochelle was/is driving a rented, 2010 Silver Buick Enclave (see photo below for make / model) with New Mexico Tag # 654PXA. If you see, have seen her / the car, please contact the Albuquerque PD @ 505-242-2677.

Please Continue here...
    Last edited by KateB; 04-29-2015 at 09:11 PM. Reason: repair url tag.

Etilema is offline Being kind to the cruel results in being cruel to the kind.
    SmoothOperator asked:

yes, laytonian I was only responding to your post about this info would be available of all trackable movements of the vehicle leading up to the 48 hr mark.. and that yes it is still IMPO THE MOST IMPORTANT GOLDEN QUESTION that remains UNanswered therefor the utmost of frustration

But definitely not posting a response of anger, disapproval, or any other mal intent, rather only that your post was a question that I, and many others have wanted an answer to and more importantly why this specific issue cannot be answered..

Obviously IT IS NOT AS SIMPLE AS the signals leading upto the 48 hr mark giving the present location of the vehicle because at the very least the car would have been recovered{with of course at most Rochelle being located WITH THE VEHICLE}..
    AM ANXIOUS TO KNOW WHAT THE STATUS WITH ONSTAR IS AND WHAT IF ANYTHING THOSE SIGNALS LEADING UPTO 48 HR MARK REVEAL.
    My understanding is that OnStar only retains 48 hours worth of data, and dumps the excess as it goes along. So they could only provide the whereabouts of the vehicle during the preceding 48 hours, and if the car has not moved/been turned on during that window, then they have no information to provide.

If anyone has knowledge to the contrary, please correct me. Thanks.

JMO

Has anyone contacted CNN? They seem to be more national and many more people would be aware to look for her.

(((CPP & sister)))

Today, 03:12 PM
    believe09

She should be endangered missing. No question. Perhaps that part is not making it into the news...

I agree! This could help get more attention to find Rochelle.

I just thought of something else in regards to her medications -

CPP says her sister was excited about going - I wonder how often Rochelle typically goes out of town? I would assume that shes taking a lot of meds for the heart issue - perhaps instead of packing all the bottles of meds that she used one of the little divider things?

Even though Im sure she must be quite used to taking the meds, would it be possible that she accidently put extra in one and the weird behavior could be explained away as an accidental overdose?

If we completely remove foul play from the picture I think its certainly likely that she could have been pulled over by a policeman or was in some sort of an accident - I would assume that if she were pulled over by the police that they may at first feel she was on drugs or something similar - But since she had her purse and meds with her I think they would have seen that and called her doctor/next of kin.

BUT if she was in such distress that she for whatever reason parked the car and was walking around its very possible she left her things in her car so they had no way to ID her and they very well could have assumed she was on something (due to her distress and confusion) or assumed that she was in need of a psychological evaluation.

I really feel that given the state she was in that she couldnt have driven all that far without either being in an accident, parking the car and walking around or getting pulled over.

I think it would be a good idea to see if there have been any sort of disturbance calls made that involved a woman within 40-50 miles of where she went missing - often times when someone is making a scene the police will be called but not reports will be filed - they will just tell the person to leave the store/area and leave it at that.

On a positive note - that pacemaker scar could really save her life, if anything happened and she was placed into a hospital (for physical or mental issues) they would see the pacemaker scar and know right away that she had a medical issue that needed to be tended to right away.

Another thought - when the husband said she embarrased him in front of other people I wonder if it was because she was suddenly acting strangely? That would explain why he didnt really respond to the weird texts, if she was acting weird when she left it doesnt seem that he would do anything about weird messages?

It seems she was ok the other days they were there but then weds something went wrong, its possible that she made a mistake with her afternoon meds and that was the cause of the weird behavior later that afternoon?

I am hoping LE would check all of their calls and also all shelters and hospitals, especially since CCP mentioned shelters on the news. I'm hoping they are doing lots of things, but hearing nothing at all here in town. So far today, not even a link on the front page pf the news sites...will keep checking...
    Just my opinion, of course.

http://www.koat.com/news/25747164/detail.html

This is on KOAT site, but it is last night's news...
    Just my opinion, of course.

Invisible is offline Karma can change life with the swish of a horse's tail...Buddha

Prednisone

I just thought of something re: whether or not Rochelle might be taking prednisone. I can't take prednisone for very long because it causes me to become irritable, anxious and agitated. Also, I have a friend whose husband was on prednisone for a recurring sinus infection and he just completely lost it and became angry and left her and her kids for about a week. In the mean time he went of the prednisone at his doctor's advice because of his reaction to the medication. The husband came to his senses soon after quitting the prednisone.

If Rochelle was on prednisone, maybe she had this sort of reaction to the medication. It might explain some of her actions.

Anyway...just a thought.

I hope Rochelle is found soon and safe.
    Karma can change life like the swish of a horse's tail...Buddha

Quote Originally Posted by Etilema View Post
    SmoothOperator asked:
    My understanding is that OnStar only retains 48 hours worth of data, and dumps the excess as it goes along. So they could only provide the whereabouts of the vehicle during the preceding 48 hours, and if the car has not moved/been turned on during that window, then they have no information to provide.

If anyone has knowledge to the contrary, please correct me. Thanks.

JMO
    BBM

What we've understood, is that information is transmitted to the company (as well as maintained in the vehicle).

We understand that if OnStar shuts down after 48 hours, that doesn't mean that the vehicle can't be located -- only that it can't be contacted by OnStar operators.

If OnStar maintains NOTHING in their database, then IMO, it's not a service worth paying for. It's then nothing but a cellphone notification that can be disabled or broken during a wreck, and which is used to sell maintenance services by GM.

It would make sense for OnStar to hold the info in their company data banks, at least the info about the last ping (or whatever they call it) with the car. Anti-theft is one of the big selling points for the service. What if he vehicle was stolen from the airport while the owner was off on a business trip? What if the vehicle was stolen from home, while the family was on vacation? My guess would be that while they might not be able to obtain any current info about the vehicle when it has been off for over 48 hr, that they would still maintain the databank for the last days it was sending info.

Quote Originally Posted by punklove View Post
    I just thought of something else in regards to her medications -

CPP says her sister was excited about going - I wonder how often Rochelle typically goes out of town? I would assume that shes taking a lot of meds for the heart issue - perhaps instead of packing all the bottles of meds that she used one of the little divider things?
    Even though Im sure she must be quite used to taking the meds, would it be possible that she accidently put extra in one and the weird behavior could be explained away as an accidental overdose?

If we completely remove foul play from the picture I think its certainly likely that she could have been pulled over by a policeman or was in some sort of an accident - I would assume that if she were pulled over by the police that they may at first feel she was on drugs or something similar - But since she had her purse and meds with her I think they would have seen that and called her doctor/next of kin.

From an early KRQE.com:
    "She only took her medicine bag and her handbag."

Besides the fact that all medications must be in their prescription bottles when travelling (source: TSA.gov), someone with that many health problems would need more space than a "little divider thing".

My daughter's post-transplant prescriptions also fill "a bag" when she travels; she has eight prescriptions, last time I counted.

Quote Originally Posted by punklove View Post

BUT if she was in such distress that she for whatever reason parked the car and was walking around its very possible she left her things in her car so they had no way to ID her and they very well could have assumed she was on something (due to her distress and confusion) or assumed that she was in need of a psychological evaluation.

I really feel that given the state she was in that she couldnt have driven all that far without either being in an accident, parking the car and walking around or getting pulled over.

I think it would be a good idea to see if there have been any sort of disturbance calls made that involved a woman within 40-50 miles of where she went missing - often times when someone is making a scene the police will be called but not reports will be filed - they will just tell the person to leave the store/area and leave it at that.
    That's why they distribute the flyers and publicize the case; so that anyone who encountered her, will report in.

Remember: "distinctive freckles".

Quote Originally Posted by mysteriew View Post
    It would make sense for OnStar to hold the info in their company data banks, at least the info about the last ping (or whatever they call it) with the car. Anti-theft is one of the big selling points for the service. What if he vehicle was stolen from the airport while the owner was off on a business trip? What if the vehicle was stolen from home, while the family was on vacation? My guess would be that while they might not be able to obtain any current info about the vehicle when it has been off for over 48 hr, that they would still maintain the databank for the last days it was sending info.
    It only makes sense, especially since OnStar uses Verizon cellular service (which would also be trackable).

At the very least, "last vehicle location" should be in their databanks.

After all, if the system shut down, shouldn't it transmit an ending report to the databanks for future retrieval?

[B]If it doesn't do that, then any purposeful action or accident that damaged the OnStar system, would never be reported via OnStar. [B]

Quote Originally Posted by laytonian View Post
    From an early KRQE.com:
    <snipped>

Remember: "distinctive freckles".
    I think that's extremely important to include. Her cute freckles would make her instantly recognizable.

"We have only this moment, sparkling like a star in our hand...and melting like a snowflake." - Marie Beynon Ray

Quote Originally Posted by laytonian View Post
    It only makes sense, especially since OnStar uses Verizon cellular service (which would also be trackable).

At the very least, "last vehicle location" should be in their databanks.

After all, if the system shut down, shouldn't it transmit an ending report to the databanks for future retrieval?

[B]If it doesn't do that, then any purposeful action or accident that damaged the OnStar system, would never be reported via OnStar. [B]
    Exactly! There is absolutely no reason in my mind that OnStar should not be able to find that car unless of course it's in the water. They should at least know the last known location of it. My computer tracks everything I do on here...yours too. OnStar is a computer program, correct? Sorry, I believe if the right tech person did a system search they could find that car.
    IMO OnStar has so spalin' to do. Why can't the locate the danm car!

Page 1 of 48 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast