GUILTY OK - Dakota Lane, 4, stabbed to death in home invasion, Muskogee, 9 Nov 2010

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
Another sad Oklahoma tale:

Man arrested after Muskogee child stabbed to death

MUSKOGEE -- A 4-year-old boy died after being attacked with scissors in an apparent home invasion late Tuesday, according to Muskogee Police.
---
The child, Dakota Joe Lane, was identified by a family member who did not want to be named.
---
Aaron Michael Laconsello, 18, was arrested and is being held in the Muskogee County Detention Center on complaints of first-degree murder, first-degree burglary and assault with a deadly weapon, according to police.
---
[Muskogee County District Attorney Larry] Moore said Laconsello was not acquainted with the family and had no association with the victim. He said the boy was stabbed 36 times with the household scissors and that the mother was also injured with in the attack.
---
Neighbors say Lacansello often visits two houses away from where the slaying took place, where he and friends would drink.
---

the whole story, at
http://www.tulsaworld.com/webextra/...ctid=450&articleid=20101110_11_0_Muskog165714

The only things I can think of in this case is bunch of foul words followed by the word COWARD.

KJRH has a video here

The child's mother, father, and sibling were also in the home at the time of the incident. The 4-year-old was attacked first in his bedroom and then the mother was attacked.

The mother, Stephanie Lane, was treated and released by EMS at the scene.

She is an employee of Muskogee Public Schools and is pregnant with her third child, according to Melanie Carey, public relations director for the school district

Just incomprehensible except for believing in evil within the human soul....I can't grasp any other reasoning for such a vicious assault on a 4yo!!

Prayers for little Dakota's family for strength & healing.

:rose: rest in the angel's wings, Dakota :rose: I'm so sorry your last minutes on earth were so horrific. :cry:

He was so adorable! How will the parents be able to survive this? I just couldn't. That poor mom; my heart breaks for her and her great loss. I truly just cannot imagine. What is causing all the extreme rage out there? I think that's what our scientists/doctors/psychologists need to answer FIRST of all!

:( RIP sweet child. Having a four year old myself these kinds of stories frighten me to the core. Prayers to the family. Prayers for swift justice for this monster.

Questions Remain In Stabbing Death Of Four-Year-Old Muskogee Boy

MUSKOGEE, Oklahoma -- It's a murder that has left even experienced investigators speechless.
Two days after Dakota Lane was found dead inside his Muskogee home, there are still so many unanswered questions. The biggest is why.

more here

http://www.newson6.com/Global/story.asp?S=13488062

IMO, the perp shouldn't have an out if he was abusing alcohol & cough syrup.

:( RIP sweet child. Having a four year old myself these kinds of stories frighten me to the core. Prayers to the family. Prayers for swift justice for this monster.

I also have a 4yr old boy, and this just scares/sickens me...I also live in OK and Muskogee always seemed like a quiet little boring town.Can happen anywhere...This poor family

The world is becoming a very dark place. Words fail to describe such a heinous act.

I hope the death penalty is swiftly applied in this case. Life without parole would be too generous.

Charges filed against man who stabbed child with scissors

MUSKOGEE - The Muskogee County District Attorney filed charges Friday against a man who allegedly stabbed a 4-year-old child 36 times with a pair of scissors Tuesday night, officials said.
---
[District Attorney Larry] Moore said Friday that investigators still have not been able to establish a motive in the killing.

As the killing is still under investigation, Moore said it is premature for speculation on whether [Aaron] Laconsello was under the influence of drugs or alcohol during the alleged attack.

Laconsello will likely appear in front of a judge with a public defender sometime in the next two weeks to request a preliminary hearing, Moore said.
---
more at
http://www.tulsaworld.com/webextra/...tid=450&articleid=20101112_450_0_hrimgs840373

He needs to be given the death penalty swiftly.He does not deserve to breath or take up space in a cell for years.How does a family overcome from something like this.

The parents and family of this little boy should all be given scissors, left in the room with the for 5 minutes, and have at him. Make him suffer, let him heal and do it again. Lethal injection is too humane for this trash.

What a horrific story! I don't even know what to say.

RIP little angel.

Funeral honors slain boy
Hundreds attend services for Dakota Joe Lane, 4

Mourners faced a small casket covered in yellow and blue flowers, flanked by roses and Batman at the funeral of Dakota Joe Lane, 4.
---
Dakota loved to say, “It’s not Friday.”

[Pastor Jack] Manley told the story of Dakota telling his grandfather, “You can’t tickle me. It’s not Friday.”

“He would tell secrets to everybody,” Manley said. “But then he’d say, ‘You can’t tell Mom, because it’s not Friday.’”

The funeral program featured a picture of Dakota, with his hand near his face, smiling as if he had just told a secret.

Written above his picture — “It’s not Friday.”
---
more at
http://muskogeephoenix.com/local/x852122528/Funeral-honors-slain-boy

Judge settles on Feb. 2 for preliminary hearing in Lane murder case

Aaron Laconsello, clad in a bullet-proof vest, sat expressionless during a hearing Monday in his first-degree murder case.

Laconsello, 18, of Tahlequah, is accused of stabbing 4-year-old Dakota Lane 36 times in his home on Nov. 9.

Laconsello appeared in court at 3 p.m. Dozens of Lane family members and friends filled every seat in Special District Judge Robin Adair’s courtroom. Others lined the walls.

Adair set a preliminary hearing for 9 a.m., Feb. 2. It is expected to last at least two days. That is when evidence will be presented and Adair will decide if that evidence is sufficient to order the defendant to stand trial.
---
http://muskogeephoenix.com/local/x1...2-for-preliminary-hearing-in-Lane-murder-case

Aaron Laconsello

From May 2011:

http://www.kjrh.com/news/local-news...for-stabbing-death-of-4-year-old-muskogee-boy

Aaron Michael Laconsello pleaded guilty to 1st degree murder, assault and battery with a deadly weapon, and 1st degree burglary...

Laconsello has been sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole. Dakota's family was hoping for this sentence instead of the death penalty.

"I hope he dies soon in prison... the death penalty was too easy. Anyone can take a needle." said Lori Bumgarner, Dakota's grandmother.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlternativeLuck
Back