Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: What support is available for Zahra's Mum?

What support is available for Zahra's Mum?

Im starting this thread as we have learned that Zahras Mum may be on her way to the USA,
    Im asking if any one knows of a reputable organization that will work with ED when she gets here where we can get in touch to help her with anything she might need help with, wether it be support, or financiall??.

I feel a great need to help her in any way I can.

I am praying that she will be able to take her daughter back with her when the time comes. I cannot imagine that Zahras remains would go to anyone but her, Zahras remains going back to KB/AB would add insult to injury, putting it mildly.
    Liars, even when they speak the truth, are not believed. Aristotle 384-322 B.C.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...oGrg-EhoRxhtTA

ty for this idea. I don't have anything to suggest to help but will try to research some suitible organizations over the next day or two.
    Five years ago I wandered in here because of a google search on Haleigh Cummings. "Welcome," folks said "look around a bit, sit a spell." It wasn't long before I found Caylee's threads. It was just that simple.

If you are new to the site allow me to say, "welcome. Look around a bit, sit a spell."

3. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to tlcya For This Useful Post:

Just guessing, Red Cross? She needs to get the remains.

5. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Carolina Girl For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by tlcox View Post
    ty for this idea. I don't have anything to suggest to help but will try to research some suitible organizations over the next day or two.
    TY, I dont know where to start, do you think LE would be helpful?
    I have no desire to know where shes staying I just feel like I need to help in that territory, I think Zahra would like that.I want to make sure its legit.
    If anyone knows what it feels like being in a strange country with no support, it would be Zahra.
    Liars, even when they speak the truth, are not believed. Aristotle 384-322 B.C.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...oGrg-EhoRxhtTA

7. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to simlyme For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina Girl View Post
    Just guessing, Red Cross? She needs to get the remains.
    I think LE will be the ones to help with Zahra's remains - if they are found
    Thank you my WS family for everything you do, everyday. You are loved and appreciated.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Emma Leigh Barker~
    09/02/07~03/18/09
    ~R.I.P.~

Justice For Emma
    Stacey Barker - Guilty - Murder 1 - 5/24/11
    25 to LiFE - Sentenced 6/17/11

~~~~~~~~~~~
    jmho as always

9. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to LCoastMom For This Useful Post:

Perhaps Mark Klass' Foundation might assist.
    Last edited by Patty G; 11-10-2010 at 11:00 PM. Reason: spelling
    Pekingese "Best Of Show" 2012

11. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Patty G For This Useful Post:

bellyup is offline "the more i see of man the more i like dogs." mme. de staël
    I honestly don't think it's something to bother LE with. They have victims groups that help people in these situations and I'm sure they will refer ED to the appropriate groups. It's not anything we can or should try to handle IMO.
    "He who does not prevent a crime when he can, encourages it.”

13. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to bellyup For This Useful Post:

I am quite sure that the Australian embassy will be very helpful and compassionate toward ED and will assist in anything she would need while here. But that's JMHO

15. The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to Wise Old Owl For This Useful Post:

It'd be nice if HLN (JVM and NG) kicked in something to assist but they'd probably want something in return, an exclusive interview just used as a platform to bash'.
    Disclaimer: All posts are my own humble opinion. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts.

Justice for Caylee

17. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to cyberborg For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Old Owl View Post
    I am quite sure that the Australian embassy will be very helpful and compassionate toward ED and will assist in anything she would need while here. But that's JMHO
    I would think so also.

I wonder if the victim's advocate in the DA's office will also assist.

19. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to LNL For This Useful Post:

No matter what reasons were for not having custody of ZB. perhaps lack of knowledge on how to find when never suspect in the United States, perhaps depression and perhaps her own mental state went past post partum depression.

I know that no matter what her tears were real, her torn heart was real, guilt, the horrific images in her mind of what happened, the hatred toward those responsible.

She has a lot to deal with. I hope she gets the support she needs. I am not advising 15 minutes of fame and donations beyond what she needs. I do believe that she is deserved decent therapy for her needs by the best there is.. not a support group but intense therapy to help her provided by a kind facility that will help heal what they can.

I really resent the way that Nancy Grace and JVM are making her out to be uncaring, I do see they have slacked off a little perhaps they see the out pour of those who think it is just plain cruel.

I hope the best for her.. The life she has will never ever be the same, not ever.
    If I were her I would not be able to help myself to fully just attack AB. I just would not be able to help it.

I would like to see an attorney volunteer their time to help her wade thru the United States legal system. They could advise her of what rights she has in the states. They probably could help her with victims advocate groups. I hope she can bring a family member or friend with her for support.
    Support Our Troops

Quote Originally Posted by LNL View Post
    I would think so also.

I wonder if the victim's advocate in the DA's office will also assist.
    Unfortunately from personal experience I can say that the victim's advocate people here in Caldwell County are excellent.

They come into the situation quickly and stay until the very end. Or for however long the victims families need them.

I expect if Zahra's biomum does show up the LE will have someone waiting to help her with whatever she needs.

I posted earlier that I can only imagine that IF ED is coming to Hickory, it will be to collect her daughter's remains.

But do we have ANY actual evidence that she is on her way? I have not heard anything from MSM!

If there is a link...can you please post it?
    Last edited by Virgogalsue; 11-11-2010 at 12:07 AM.

24. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Virgogalsue For This Useful Post:

Support

Quote Originally Posted by Violet_Foxglove View Post
    I posted earlier that I can only imagine that IF ED is coming to Hickory, it will be to collect her daughter's remains.

But do we have ANY actual evidence that she is on her way? I have not heard anything from MSM!

Hmmm, I do hope she gets support when or if she gets here but I am ever mindful of what happened to Zahra. Everyone knew Zahra was in trouble and most wanted to help but somehow she fell through the cracks anyway.

It would be disconcerting to find ED mostly alone and friendless when she arrives. We all want to help but assume someone else will pick up the slack, I hope someone is in a position to do just that.

Also I hope NG stops bashing her, I have no Idea why she feels compelled to pick on ED, I can only imagine how she would feel to see a NG episode slamming her for letting her daughter down.

26. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Scamperoo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Violet_Foxglove View Post

NewsChannel 36 has also learned that Emily Dietrich, Zahra's biological mother, is on her way to Hickory.
    http://www.wcnc.com/news/Search-for-...107047579.html
    Justice for Nevaeh FB Group http://bit.ly/justice4nevaeh

In Memory of Aja D. Johnson:
    http://bit.ly/AjaFacebookGroup

In Memory of Ethan Stacy -
    http://bit.ly/inmemoryofethan

28. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to darlin gal For This Useful Post:

essies is offline "We're all just walking each other home." Ram Dass
    Val posted this on The HinkyMeter yesterday-
    » Valhall said: { Nov 10, 2010 - 10:11:09 }
    Just to let everyone know. On November 6th on this thread:

http://www.thehinkymeter.com/2010/11...christie-road/

I stated this:

So I wanted to reassure anyone who has concerns about Emily, that she is doing as well as can be expected. I believe she is staying busy with the things that are important for her to focus on. And I believe she is grateful to all of you not only for your support, but to your dedication to Zahra and wanting justice.

Please note that when I stated she was focusing on the things that were important I was referring to the fact she had shared she was going to get her passport in preparation for coming over. She was planning to come over here as soon as she could get things in order. So there is no connection between her coming over and what MAY have happened today. Which means….Emily may be in the air and not be aware of any developments being discussed at this time.
    http://www.thehinkymeter.com/2010/11...#comment-91586

I'm hoping that ED has been in contact with people who support her and sympathize in advance so this journey will not be any worse than it has to be!! Perhaps Val has helped prepare ED since they have been in contact with each other!!

"It's time to tell the story of a little girl named Caylee" Linda Drane Burdick
    The future has many names: for the fearful it's the unknown, for the reckless it's the adventure, for the pessimists it's the unattainable. For the brave, it is opportunity.

I just hope in some small way that some locals do something to show her some great hospitality and show how much the community not only wants justice but want Zahra to be at peace. Maybe, leaving flowers for her at the police station.

31. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Lera213 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Lera213 View Post
    I just hope in some small way that some locals do something to show her some great hospitality and show how much the community not only wants justice but want Zahra to be at peace. Maybe, leaving flowers for her at the police station.
    I think the flowers are a wonderful idea, and bouncing off that I don't want to burden the already stretched police department by having them bombarded with mail but I wonder if there's a local victim support agency who might be willing to accept cards and letters to be passed on to Emily.

33. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to NancyA For This Useful Post:

I can't imagine coming here from a foreign country and facing what she has to face, not knowing who to trust. I hope she will find compassion and friendship from everyone she encounters. I would not want to be in her shoes.
    As for custody of the remains... I predict there may be a fight with the grandmother, but I hope they can work it out and Zahra can be laid to rest in Australia.

35. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to TxLady2 For This Useful Post:

I would donate to any real and legal fund to help Emily out here in the United States. I would first have to know that it would go directly for her benefit to help with the expenses for her stay here.

When remains are found, it is usually some time before the remains are released for burial or cremation. I just hope that Emily will not have a really long wait for at least finding out whether or not the bone LE found is Zahra's.

AB and Grandma K. will most likely oppose Emily having Zahra's remains, I would think. They did not want Emily around when Zahra was still alive, so I doubt they would now.

I am praying that there will be no huge, ugly fight over it.
    **May God Watch Over All Missing and Abused Children**

37. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to LaLaw2000 For This Useful Post:

I do hope ED has someone travelling with her. I don't know how I'd cope in a foreign land with no support whatsoever. I do hope a victims advocate group is helping her out. It's horrible enough loosing contact with your child only to find out she was taken out of her native land without her knowledge. ED's got a full plate to deal with, trying to piece together the hows and whys of Zahra's demise is just awful. Her statement of "I never got to say goodbye, I never got to say hello"....just tore at my heartstrings. JMHO

I also don't like that NG or JVM is painting her off color, they don't know the circumstances, they don't know her finances, her ability, they know absolutely nothing about ED and the hows and whys of it all...sometimes I just wish I had that magic wand to make our world a less violent place to live. I don't know what possesses people to harm others let alone precious, innocent children. I always say nothing I can hear would shock me...how wrong I was..JMHO

Where is Zahra?

39. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to LiveLaughLuv For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LiveLaughLuv View Post
    I do hope ED has someone travelling with her. I don't know how I'd cope in a foreign land with no support whatsoever. I do hope a victims advocate group is helping her out. It's horrible enough loosing contact with your child only to find out she was taken out of her native land without her knowledge. ED's got a full plate to deal with, trying to piece together the hows and whys of Zahra's demise is just awful. Her statement of "I never got to say goodbye, I never got to say hello"....just tore at my heartstrings. JMHO

I also don't like that NG or JVM is painting her off color, they don't know the circumstances, they don't know her finances, her ability, they know absolutely nothing about ED and the hows and whys of it all...sometimes I just wish I had that magic wand to make our world a less violent place to live. I don't know what possesses people to harm others let alone precious, innocent children. I always say nothing I can hear would shock me...how wrong I was..JMHO

Where is Zahra?
    Hopefully someone will help guide her in dealing with the US media, because you know once she is on the ground in NC, at the very least the NG show will start trying to romance her into appearing... and as we all know, once NG has started stomping on sour grapes about someone, she is relentless and thinks nothing of going vulture on them if she can get them on her show. Zahra's mom does not need that kind of nasty turmoil on her back, right now...

41. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Elphaba For This Useful Post:

I'm thinking parents of other children that were murdered will come to her aid.
    Also a local church or LE family will adopt her for her housing needs.
    She will need a safe place away from media.
    Someone is protecting and supporting AB , his mom and brother while out of jail.
    So why not do the same to the victim's mum who really cares???
    Kyron, HALEIGH, ADJI & Gabriel NEEDS PRAYERS NOW TO FIND THEM!. Zahra & Jonathan in heaven
    Justice for Hailey!!!!
    No Justice for Caylee Marie..........

43. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to passionflower For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Elphaba View Post
    Hopefully someone will help guide her in dealing with the US media, because you know once she is on the ground in NC, at the very least the NG show will start trying to romance her into appearing... and as we all know, once NG has started stomping on sour grapes about someone, she is relentless and thinks nothing of going vulture on them if she can get them on her show. Zahra's mom does not need that kind of nasty turmoil on her back, right now...
    I hope so too, Elphaba..hoping an attorney will provide services for her pro bono, help her navigate and keep her away from NG/JVM....and get a media relations person to help with all those reporters who will bombard her once she steps foot off that plane..JMHO

Where is Zahra?

45. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LiveLaughLuv For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast