OR - Child killer Diane Downs up for parole - again

Texas Mist

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
SALEM -- Oregon's most notorious child murderer, Elizabeth Diane Downs, will have a second parole hearing on Dec. 10.

The hearing will be at Chemeketa Community College via video link. Downs is now at an out-of-state prison.

http://www.kgw.com/home/Child-killer-Downs-up-for-parole-again-107002848.html

Please, Oregon -- keep this sociopath locked up!!

IMO, if Diane ever got out, she'd be up to her old games of trying to get what she wants...there's enough cold-hearted narcissists on the street already- we don't need another one with no conscience!

The good thing is that she is past child bearing age so she can't have any more kids to kill but I really don't think they will give her parole. She still denies what she did and continues to blame the "shaggy hair stranger". She will die in prison, where she belongs.

ITA, DairyGirl...the parole board wants the person to admit to their actions and not blame a fictious person. She is where she belongs..JMHO

I remember Oprah doing interviews and just recently had one of the daughters on her show...

Becky's Relationship with Her Biological Mom, Diane Downs
http://www.oprah.com/oprahshow/Beckys-Relationship-with-Her-Biological-Mom-Diane-Downs-Video_1

In1988, Oprah interviewed Diane Downs via satellite from prison after she was convicted of shooting her three children at point-blank range. Diane explains why she got pregnant during her infamous trial. More from this show
http://www.oprah.com/oprahshow/Oprah-Interviews-Diane-Downs-in-1986-video

http://www.oprah.com/oprahshow/The-Daughter-of-Diane-Downs

Diane Downs needs to stay in prison! She took the lives of the ones that trusted her most, that needed her so that she could have a better life for herself.

So damn it Oregon let her live it..right where she is. IMO

I can not image how horrible it must have been to know your birth mom was this monster.She deserves to stay right where she is,What she did to her own children was horrible.She should never walk free.

Convicted Oregon child killer Diane Downs says she won’t participate in a parole hearing set for Friday, so the hearing will proceed without her.

Downs made the same threat in 2008 when she was first eligible for release but then took part.

This hearing will take place in Salem, but Downs can testify via video from Chowchilla, Calif., where she is imprisoned at the Valley State Prison for Women.

“We are having a hearing with or without Miss Downs,” said Jeremiah Stromberg, executive director of the Oregon Board of Parole and Post-Prison Supervision.
Gardner is urging the board to refuse parole for Downs again and suspend any further parole consideration for a decade.

more here

http://www.statesmanjournal.com/art...r-Downs-says-she-won-t-participate-in-hearing

SALEM, Ore. (AP) — Convicted child killer Diane Downs has been denied parole and must wait 10 years for her next hearing after the state parole board ruled she has a "mental or emotional" condition that makes her a threat to society.
Downs, 55, was first denied parole in December 2008, after serving nearly 25 years, but had the right to a new hearing two years later.

This time, a new law that took effect this year allowed the state parole board to deny Downs another hearing for 10 years after rejecting her second parole request on Friday, The Oregonian reported.

more here

http://www.kval.com/news/local/111689674.html

And if you want real insight to the hearing, check out today's tweets from KVAL - Molly Blancett is the reporter who was there - here's a few

Downs "I still maintain my innocence"

Downs explaining how a man flagged her down in May 1983 and then started shooting her kids.

Downs says she thinks the prosecutor doubts Downs shot her kids

Downs: I think -- were there red flags? ... I'm post-menopausal so I won't ever be on a dark road with my kids again.

Downs: Prison is one heck of an anger management class

Board asked Downs why she cried about her parents but showed no emotion when talking abt her kids. Says "All the pain I experienced is gone"

http://twitter.com/#!/mollyblancett

http://twitter.com/#!/KVALnews

Board asked Downs why she cried about her parents but showed no emotion when talking abt her kids. Says "All the pain I experienced is gone"

<snipped>

This is so typical of her and all the other sociopaths in these cases that we follow!

Once they get rid of their "problem", the pain is GONE, isn't it? :furious:

I keep reading that the prosecutor adopted her surviving kids, but what ever happened to her ex-husband/their bio dad? Did he not have an interest in raising them?

I'm sure they ended up in the place that was best for them, but I'm just confused about him not really being mentioned at all.

well its much to fit into one post but i will get some links for you

tome he balstics dont add up if her children had been shot from that close range they would be dead.

and she had time in the world to finish them off so why dident she.

They never found the murder weapon and plus she had been shot herself. It's possible that after she shot her children that she buried the gun only for the gun to go off and hit her but it just seems like this case had a lot of holes in it.

That's an opinion piece not backed up by links to real data or cites.

The narrative is also super nonsensical and doesn't pass the smell test for an attorney. In one part it states a witness saw the judge look to the prosecutor whenever the defense made an objection and the prosecutor would then shake his head slightly to indicate which way to rule.

That's incredible nonsense. It would never happen. Only a non-attorney would make up a story like that because it doesn't make sense and defies logic.

That's because a judge who favors the state wouldn't have to look to the prosecutor to determine which way to rule on a defense objection. Clearly, any ruling in favor of the defense would be against the state. And the judge would know himself which rulings would be most beneficial to the defense. A judge wouldn't need an attorney to instruct them.

It's total silliness.

They never found the murder weapon and plus she had been shot herself. It's possible that after she shot her children that she buried the gun only for the gun to go off and hit her but it just seems like this case had a lot of holes in it.

Nah. Finding a gun along her route would be like finding a needle in a haystack. She didn't have to bury it. She just had to throw it out the window at some point.

And the gun didn't go off and hit her. She intentionallt shot herself to make her story more believable.

The trajectory of the bullets in the kids shows someone was in the front seat and leaned over shooting down into them as they cowered. The shooter was able to disable the mother and prevent her from getting back near the car to stop him, and then got inside the front seat and shot down at the kids with no interference from mom? Really?

Makes no sense. And this killer almost murdered three kids but just shot her in the arm? That's it?

The little boy was paralyzed for life. The little girl who lived had a stroke. Both had tremendous blood loss.

The person who drove behind the "frantic" mother who drove her dying kids super slowly to the hospital, later claiming she raced there as fast as can be, didn't follow her along the entire route. And it was dark. So yeah. It would be easy to miss throwing the gun from the window somewhere in that vast country.

I will never understand our justice system: she should never be up for parole: like the Manson family, always up for parole- why? After watching so many crime shows, I am sickened and appalled: oh, this killer got 45 years, but guess what, he/she gets out in 18 years for good behavior: it happens all the time, every day in our country and it is just plain wrong. Why doesn't 45 years mean 45 years. the only sentence that actually means life in prison when it includes "without parole".

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Quincy_M.E.
Back