Zahra Baker Search and Recovery Effort and Input #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

daisy7

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
Please continue here.

Here is Thread #1

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118907"]Zahra Baker Search and Recovery Effort and Input - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Please let me know if there are any posts in the first thread that you'd like copied here.

Thanks to whoever provided te info on the county-dry ting. Some areas of the country are not familiar with this process, but here in NC it is county by county, as well as some regulations state by state (such as blue laws.) It certainly does make a difference what routes certain people travel. Thanks for that info.

Ok just a local update, went by the search site this AM. In the front church parking lot only seen WBTV channel 3 news van. I seen NO law enforcement from the road what so ever. I didnt pull into the church though did drive my little loop around ebenezer and Satterwhite with nothing else seen. The locals at the store above the site said there was bright lights up at the church at 5AM this am...I seen nothing at 7?? Did they search through the night? Can anyone verify this? <modsnip> Heard no helicopters yet. Seen no flags like at Christy Rd (went by several times looking) Wonder if they are guarding the area might it be farther up the stream? Few shots of local streams that this one feeds into and honestly they look average to a little low especially at Icard Dam- I personally wasn't expecting this. I will post more if I hear anything. Will try to go by at lunch if they are at this site again today.
<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok just a local update, went by the search site this AM. In the front church parking lot only seen WBTV channel 3 news van. I seen NO law enforcement from the road what so ever. I didnt pull into the church though did drive my little loop around ebenezer and Satterwhite with nothing else seen. The locals at the store above the site said there was bright lights up at the church at 5AM this am...I seen nothing at 7?? Did they search through the night? Can anyone verify this?<modsnip> Heard no helicopters yet. Seen no flags like at Christy Rd (went by several times looking) Wonder if they are guarding the area might it be farther up the stream? Few shots of local streams that this one feeds into and honestly they look average to a little low especially at Icard Dam- I personally wasn't expecting this. I will post more if I hear anything. Will try to go by at lunch if they are at this site again today.
<modsnip>

What church was this, Shay?

Ok just a local update, went by the search site this AM. In the front church parking lot only seen WBTV channel 3 news van. I seen NO law enforcement from the road what so ever. I didnt pull into the church though did drive my little loop around ebenezer and Satterwhite with nothing else seen. The locals at the store above the site said there was bright lights up at the church at 5AM this am...I seen nothing at 7?? Did they search through the night? Can anyone verify this?<modsnip> Heard no helicopters yet. Seen no flags like at Christy Rd (went by several times looking) Wonder if they are guarding the area might it be farther up the stream? Few shots of local streams that this one feeds into and honestly they look average to a little low especially at Icard Dam- I personally wasn't expecting this. I will post more if I hear anything. Will try to go by at lunch if they are at this site again today.
<modsnip>

That sounds like your local news station may have been there running morning update reports from the church... bright lights at 5am would coincide with the start of the local morning news.

What church was this, Shay?

Dudley Shoals Baptist Church it is located at the intersection of Dudley Shoals Rd and Morris Creek Rd. But its right beside the Gunpowder Creek wich is right beside Burns rd (the search site from yesterday) Supposed to be blocking the roads off and searching again today according to the media this AM and what local businesses have been told.

Do we have a former address north of Burns Rd.? Along or just off of Dudley Shoals Rd.? Anyone know off the top of their head?

ETA: nevermind, I just found Writer7's map.

Ok just a local update, went by the search site this AM. In the front church parking lot only seen WBTV channel 3 news van. I seen NO law enforcement from the road what so ever. I didnt pull into the church though did drive my little loop around ebenezer and Satterwhite with nothing else seen. The locals at the store above the site said there was bright lights up at the church at 5AM this am...I seen nothing at 7?? Did they search through the night? Can anyone verify this? <modsnip> Heard no helicopters yet. Seen no flags like at Christy Rd (went by several times looking) Wonder if they are guarding the area might it be farther up the stream? Few shots of local streams that this one feeds into and honestly they look average to a little low especially at Icard Dam- I personally wasn't expecting this. I will post more if I hear anything. Will try to go by at lunch if they are at this site again today.
<modsnip>

Thanks for the update, Shay. The media staging area (church) is a little bit aways from the search area, might've been why you didn't see anything secured.

Looking at Writer7's map of former addresses, I don't see any former address listed directly north from Burns Rd. If we have figured out the basic loop, which I think we have (despite slightly different opinions on routes taken), I see no reason for me to search north of the Dudley Shoals/Burns intersection.

I'm going to look for sites along the general loop this morning. Still eyeing that overlook area thingy near Mt. Caramel Church on Christie. If anyone else happens to see anything interesting off of Pine Mountain, Christie, Burns, or Dudley Shoals, please let me know.

Divers comb creek in search for evidence in Zahra Baker case
Thursday, Nov 11 2010, 8:43 am
WSOC-TV
Investigators spent Wednesday in the Dudley Shoals community of Caldwell County, continuing a month-long search for evidence in the disappearance of 10-year-old Zahra Baker.

Searchers focused on a half-mile stretch of Gunpowder Creek, with divers looking in the water and investigators combing through the banks. Police said something was found during the search, but they did not elaborate as to what it is.

Police have searched the area before, accompanied by Zahra’s stepmother, Elisa Baker. She has been in jail over the course of the investigation, charged with felony obstruction of justice after police said she admitted to writing a phony ransom note the day Zahra was reported missing.

When asked why they returned to the area, police said they wanted to do a more thorough search.

On Tuesday, which marked one month since Zahra was reported missing, investigators searched a wooded area along Indian Grave Road in Caldwell County. More than 30 people were involved in the search, which focused on a one-mile area. Police wouldn’t elaborate on what led them to Indian Grave Road, which is about 10 miles north of where Zahra’s prosthetic leg was found and about 20 miles north of the Bakers’ Hickory home.

more
http://www.shelbystar.com/news/search-51382-zahra-investigators.html

yep....i totally agree

A fair amount of vets on this case as well. Lets not forget that- many of these people know what it is to search for justice 365 days a year, 24/7 because they have already done their time.

Thank you to all of our LE and SAR- and today, especially those who have already given back so much to our country.
To Zahra's loved ones in Australia....your precious child has not been forgotten by America one bit. :blowkiss:

Right between Deal Mill and Rebel Run is a large property that looks like it might be for farming or contruction. Barn, storage shed(?), several farm type trucks, tractor trailers (?), lots of clutter. 2 ponds on property, both easily accessible from road.

On opposite side of Deal Mill from this property is what looks like a dirt road that leads to a very large pond.

A fair amount of vets on this case as well. Lets not forget that- many of these people know what it is to search for justice 365 days a year, 24/7 because they have already done their time.

Thank you to all of our LE and SAR- and today, especially those who have already given back so much to our country.
To Zahra's loved ones in Australia....your precious child has not been forgotten by America one bit. :blowkiss:

yeppers......i have 8yrs myself of service....too bad i have to work today....but definitely going to applebees for my "thank you" meal tonight! :dance:

yeppers......i have 8yrs myself of service....too bad i have to work today....but definitely going to applebees for my "thank you" meal tonight! :dance:

Thank you for your gift to our beautiful country, tk71texas! I have no military time in, but my significant other has 20+ years in SF. If you're in NC, I'll buy you dinner at Applebees any day!

And if you're working this case, then lets you and I join hands for a minute and beg the very ground of the USA to please give this beautiful child back to us so she can be at rest where she belongs.

Right between Deal Mill and Rebel Run is a large property that looks like it might be for farming or contruction. Barn, storage shed(?), several farm type trucks, tractor trailers (?), lots of clutter. 2 ponds on property, both easily accessible from road.

On opposite side of Deal Mill from this property is what looks like a dirt road that leads to a very large pond.

Mountain Kat, is this on google earth or maps? I think I know which you are referring to but it shifts slightly on google earth. And my mapping program has it on the other side of Deal Mill- but then again, it has a tendancy to flip on me. TIA.

Near the intersection of Dudley Shoals Rd. (listed as Fowler) and Bowman rd. is what looks like a paved road that leads a turn around place. No houses that I can see, either on this road or at the end of it. Heavily wooded road to nowhere, looks like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chingona361