Teens-life-too-short----too-public

Charlie09

Former Member
Reaction score
Under Michigan law, it is illegal to have sex with a 14-year-old girl, even if she consents.

But there's no law against broadcasting on television the same 14-year-old's account of her sexual activity. And that's a shame, because if there were such a law, Samantha Kelly might still be alive today.

Read more: Brian Dickerson: Teen's life too short -- and too public | freep.com | Detroit Free Press http://www.freep.com/article/201011...-life-too-short--and-too-public#ixzz150ZJ4aj9

The bullying was wrong by the kids at school....I'm just curious if she didn't do her own bullying going to the news about the boy?

From the article
But teenagers didn't put a 14-year-old freshman in front of a TV camera and broadcast her teenage angst to the world.

Pathetic. What are these parents thinking? Keep your child's private life private. Protect your kids, and teach them that every situation does not needs to be played out in a public way.

The bullying could have been handled differently. I would have pulled my child out of that school, before I put her on the news.

Also, shame on WJBK-TV (Channel 2) for giving her the platform to do this.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back