GUILTY TX - Amanda Anderson, 19, murdered, New Chapel Hill, 15 Sept 2010

easttexas

Reaction score
I searched and I did not find any threads about this young lady. It has just made news again here with an arrest of her little brother!! Just shocking and sad.

Smith County Sheriff Lt. Tony Dana said the 19-year-old victim has been identified as Amanda Anderson.

Sheriff officials have said the young woman was found dead in a home at *****County Road **** by her brother after he returned from a Wednesday night jog.

More at link.
http://tpstage.sx.atl.publicus.com/article/20100916/NEWS01/9160321

Update: Arrest affidavit outlines evidence against brother in TJC student's death

NEW CHAPEL HILL (KYTX) - 15-year-old Mark Nathaniel "Nate" Anderson, the brother of 19-year-old TJC student Amanda Anderson, who was shot and killed in her home on September 15th, was arrested in connection with her death on Wednesday afternoon.

Amanda Anderson was killed by four gunshot wounds to the head. On the night of Amanda's death, Nate Anderson, who was the only person in the residence when investigators arrived, told police he had returned from an evening run and found a garage door forced open and Amanda's body in her bedroom, and that he had not entered her room after seeing her body from the doorway of her room.

http://www.cbs19.tv/Global/story.asp?S=13480953

hmmmmm...not sure what to think about this one...from the police point of view sounds like brother is guilty, but, the family sure doesn't believe so. I sure would like to think that he didn't do it, for his family's sake.

hmmmmm...not sure what to think about this one...from the police point of view sounds like brother is guilty, but, the family sure doesn't believe so. I sure would like to think that he didn't do it, for his family's sake.

Since this happened in September I have listened to lots of updates about no leads etc....they released yesterday about the arrest. This family has been in hiding for weeks scared to death that the shooter would come back and harm them....and now, they arrest the brother...I just can't imagine the pain this family is in....and I don't like way the evidence is going. In one of the papers the parents thought at first it may have been an accidental shooting....the son was only gone for 13 minutes so what I am taking from the bits and pieces is that they thought he might be responsible for her death IF it had been accidental but when they learned that she was shot 4 times they knew he was not involved. JMO But he told the officers he knew she was shot several times in the head and that he never entered into her room....plus all the invisible to the naked eye blood back splash on his clothing and shoes.....no way to explain that away unless he was there. Prayers for the Andersons. What in the world would make a boy shoot his sister???

New article. Nothing new to add except for photos of the family.
After reading the arrest affidavit, I've really tried to imagine a scenario where the son is innocent... I can't find one.
Prayers to this family and peace to Amanda.

http://www.kltv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13489271

ETA: There is also a video interview of the family....so sad.

huh - the only thing that keeps jumping out at me is all the references to their religion. which i dont think means that he is innocent. but apparently they do - it doesnt look like they are forthcoming with what may have really been going on, but something had to have been going on ( if the brother is guilty) i tend to think that it has to be someone she knew and this person was extremely emotionally upset with amanda considering how many times she was shot in the head. 4 times is a lot. and unless le is lying about the spatter there is no other way to explain the blood evidence....

In the link that easttexas posted earlier it says that the 15-year old suspect was given a gun by his father years earlier....what's up with that?

I read the arrest affidavit and agree with everyone else. The brother either did it or knows who did. Tragic. I feel for the family as they have lost two children.

Wow there is something else going on here. I won't say what I suspect just yet. But, I am troubled.

In the link that easttexas posted earlier it says that the 15-year old suspect was given a gun by his father years earlier....what's up with that?

I am from Oklahoma. My son got his first gun at 2 yrs old it is Cricket 22. He got his bow at 8 and his hunting rifle a 243 at the age of 9 also killed his first deer at 9. My daughter got a pink 22 Cricket for her first Christmas. So in my family owning gun is like owning a fish pole every kid is taught how to use one.

I am from Oklahoma. My son got his first gun at 2 yrs old it is Cricket 22. He got his bow at 8 and his hunting rifle a 243 at the age of 9 also killed his first deer at 9. My daughter got a pink 22 Cricket for her first Christmas. So in my family owning gun is like owning a fish pole every kid is taught how to use one.

Yes I was taught the correct use of guns at an early age from rifles to handguns.

I just think this is about a lot more than access to guns.

I live near where this happened & have been trying to follow this case...

Even after the trial, I doubt we will ever know why this happened...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back