1016 users online (189 members and 827 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

AB's T Shirt

Has anyone noticed this pic of AB and the T shirt he's wearing?
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/54746494@N07/5076923717/

I looked up this group and cant help to think that Zahra or any child for that matter would be exposed to this kind of music.
    If you enter the site
    http://www.systemofadown.com/ and read some of the lyrics to the "songs" especially one called "Attack" , well, lets just say that Zahra went through a living hell, between the drugs,music etc that these monsters engaged in I have no words left.
    Anyone else see this?
    Of course these are my opinions ,but when is it going to end
    Liars, even when they speak the truth, are not believed. Aristotle 384-322 B.C.

my mistake with the song, the one I meant was "dreaming"
    Lyrics for songs from SOAD link

http://www.elyrics.net/song/s/system...wn-lyrics.html
    Last edited by simlyme; 11-11-2010 at 11:51 PM. Reason: added link for songs

System of a Down is a fairly mainstream group. I even own a couple of their albums.
    Opinions expressed are strictly my own (who else would they belong to???)

Quote Originally Posted by carbuff View Post
    System of a Down is a fairly mainstream group. I even own a couple of their albums.
    I understand ,an adult maybe listening, but would it be common now a day to expose a child to this "music"?

Not sure about the music, but there's a 2nd tshirt pic, that says "I wear this shirt when I'm a grouch", and he's flipping the middle finger....responsible parenting at it's finest- not!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/54746494@N07/5075498115/

nah, System of a Down is actually pretty good

Quite honestly, this seems to be stretching it some. I own songs by bands that some might find questionable. I even have t-shirts by some of those bands, but my kids will never get close to lyrics that are hateful or contain cursing, etc.

DEFINITELY not defending AB here...just stating my opinion.
    "The test of the morality of a society is what it does for its children." Dietrich Bonhoeffer

During the one and only presser that I have seen AB with one of the LE officers he was wearing a T-Shirt that said Vengence, this was right after Zahra went missing now that shirt is probably exactly what AB wanted to say.
    JMHO
    Kimmer

"A lie gets half way around the world before the truth can gets its pants on" Winston Churchill

IMO EB bought AB's clothes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmer View Post
    During the one and only presser that I have seen AB with one of the LE officers he was wearing a T-Shirt that said Vengence, this was right after Zahra went missing now that shirt is probably exactly what AB wanted to say.
    ITA And I respect your view tremendously.

FWIW

I believe what simlyme is trying to delve into here, in creating this thread, is the depths which EB and AB may or may not have reached in order to be negatively influenced by music, fashion (not in my world), internet habits, ect--and if so, did those influences play out into their real life world? Each has the ability to convey an outward "statement" of one's self.

After all we have a thread dedicated to EB's Tattoos.

Ab's wearing of the T-shirts in question, as it relates to particular timing and circumstances, I find questionable OUTWARD behavior/expressions for an adult. Let alone a grieving adult.

IMHO It's very much deliberate and subconsciously subliminal.
    Last edited by NoeticSoul; 11-12-2010 at 04:20 AM.

Life is an Echo. Everything comes back; the good, the evil, the truth, the false. Karma escapes no one.

RIP Zahra Baker, Caylee Anthony, Hannah Graham
    Where are You? Elizabeth Thomas, Bob Harrod, Kyron Horman, Stacy Peterson, Susan Powell, Deorr Kunz
    Justice for Abigail Williams and Liberty German

Quote Originally Posted by NoeticSoul View Post
    ITA And I respect your view tremendously.

FWIW

I believe what simlyme is trying to delve into here, in creating this thread, is the depths which EB and AB may or may not have reached in order to be negatively influenced by music, fashion (not in my world), internet habits, ect--and if so, did those influences play out into their real life world? Each has the ability to convey an outward "statement" of one's self.

After all we have a thread dedicated to EB's Tattoos.

Ab's wearing of the T-shirts in question, as it relates to particular timing and circumstances, I find questionable OUTWARD behavior/expressions for an adult. Let alone a grieving adult.

IMHO It's very much deliberate and subconsciously subliminal.
    Exactly Noetic, another example would be the imvu influence on their lives, EB myspace, gore,blood,guts,violence,the whole GD thing, what this child was exposed to
    Put it all together, ZAHRA NEVER, EVER HAD A CHANCE, NOT A ONE!! EXPOSE THEM FOR WHAT THEY ARE!!
    Good God , did this child ever get to be a child??
    Anyone that had contact with this child here in NC is guilty, I still dont understand how it ever got this far.

S.O.A.D. is one of my all time favorite bands,I was disgusted when I saw AB wear that shirt.
    Serj Tankian,who was their lead singer,is an amazing artist,poet and activist.
    He is the co-founder of Axis of Justice ,a non-profit organization with a strong anti racist and anti facsist message.Serj Tankian was born in Lebanon and speaks out against all injustice.He's strict vegetarian and against animal slaughter.
    He would be apalled to see his logo on someone that probably harmed a child.

oh, ok, I must have missed something somewhere.......

How someone dresses does not define their character. Remember Ted Bundy?

Quote Originally Posted by Clue Hopper View Post
    How someone dresses does not define their character. Remember Ted Bundy?
    I think that depends upon the person and the clothing. There have been many cases where clothing choices told me a whole lot about a person's mental/emotional make up. Take, for example, a 50 year old woman who wears a mini-skirt and bustier to a child's dance recital. I don't think there would be one person in attendance who wouldn't look at that woman askance. And at 50 years old, that woman surely knows she's drawing attention. So, it's quite easy to surmise that the attention is wanted, perhaps even NEEDED. She's insecure and immature...easy to judge that, simply by her clothing choices.

JMO

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast