AB's T Shirt

simlyme

member since 04/2009
Reaction score
Has anyone noticed this pic of AB and the T shirt he's wearing?
http://www.flickr.com/photos/54746494@N07/5076923717/

I looked up this group and cant help to think that Zahra or any child for that matter would be exposed to this kind of music.
If you enter the site
http://www.systemofadown.com/ and read some of the lyrics to the "songs" especially one called "Attack" , well, lets just say that Zahra went through a living hell, between the drugs,music etc that these monsters engaged in I have no words left.
Anyone else see this?
Of course these are my opinions ,but when is it going to end:furious::banghead:

System of a Down is a fairly mainstream group. I even own a couple of their albums.

I understand ,an adult maybe listening, but would it be common now a day to expose a child to this "music"?

nah, System of a Down is actually pretty good

Quite honestly, this seems to be stretching it some. I own songs by bands that some might find questionable. I even have t-shirts by some of those bands, but my kids will never get close to lyrics that are hateful or contain cursing, etc.

DEFINITELY not defending AB here...just stating my opinion.

During the one and only presser that I have seen AB with one of the LE officers he was wearing a T-Shirt that said Vengence, this was right after Zahra went missing now that shirt is probably exactly what AB wanted to say.

During the one and only presser that I have seen AB with one of the LE officers he was wearing a T-Shirt that said Vengence, this was right after Zahra went missing now that shirt is probably exactly what AB wanted to say.

ITA :) And I respect your view tremendously.

FWIW

I believe what simlyme is trying to delve into here, in creating this thread, is the depths which EB and AB may or may not have reached in order to be negatively influenced by music, fashion (not in my world), internet habits, ect--and if so, did those influences play out into their real life world? Each has the ability to convey an outward "statement" of one's self.

After all we have a thread dedicated to EB's Tattoos.

Ab's wearing of the T-shirts in question, as it relates to particular timing and circumstances, I find questionable OUTWARD behavior/expressions for an adult. Let alone a grieving adult.

IMHO It's very much deliberate and subconsciously subliminal.

ITA :) And I respect your view tremendously.

FWIW

I believe what simlyme is trying to delve into here, in creating this thread, is the depths which EB and AB may or may not have reached in order to be negatively influenced by music, fashion (not in my world), internet habits, ect--and if so, did those influences play out into their real life world? Each has the ability to convey an outward "statement" of one's self.

After all we have a thread dedicated to EB's Tattoos.

Ab's wearing of the T-shirts in question, as it relates to particular timing and circumstances, I find questionable OUTWARD behavior/expressions for an adult. Let alone a grieving adult.

IMHO It's very much deliberate and subconsciously subliminal.

Exactly Noetic, another example would be the imvu influence on their lives, EB myspace, gore,blood,guts,violence,the whole GD thing, what this child was exposed to:furious::furious::furious:
Put it all together, ZAHRA NEVER, EVER HAD A CHANCE, NOT A ONE!! EXPOSE THEM FOR WHAT THEY ARE!!:furious:
Good God , did this child ever get to be a child??
Anyone that had contact with this child here in NC is guilty, I still dont understand how it ever got this far.:banghead::banghead:

S.O.A.D. is one of my all time favorite bands,I was disgusted when I saw AB wear that shirt.
Serj Tankian,who was their lead singer,is an amazing artist,poet and activist.
He is the co-founder of Axis of Justice ,a non-profit organization with a strong anti racist and anti facsist message.Serj Tankian was born in Lebanon and speaks out against all injustice.He's strict vegetarian and against animal slaughter.
He would be apalled to see his logo on someone that probably harmed a child.

oh, ok, I must have missed something somewhere.......

How someone dresses does not define their character. Remember Ted Bundy?

How someone dresses does not define their character. Remember Ted Bundy?

I think that depends upon the person and the clothing. There have been many cases where clothing choices told me a whole lot about a person's mental/emotional make up. Take, for example, a 50 year old woman who wears a mini-skirt and bustier to a child's dance recital. I don't think there would be one person in attendance who wouldn't look at that woman askance. And at 50 years old, that woman surely knows she's drawing attention. So, it's quite easy to surmise that the attention is wanted, perhaps even NEEDED. She's insecure and immature...easy to judge that, simply by her clothing choices.

JMO

I wouldn't look at that 50 year old woman askance and I wouldn't think she's insecure or immature.On the contrary,I would applaud her being so secure and I'd think "you go girl" especially if she was a bigger lady...anyways it just goes to show that each person might see something totally different.
It's been hard for me to comment on this particular case because I am soooooo angry,I am so angry in part because I ,like EB am over 40 and still love the dark stuff,poetry,music,tatoos,piercings.....it just makes me so sick to think that she hurt this beautiful,amazing child that went through so much and at the same time she's feeding the stereotype that "freaks" like her are evil,soulless creatures.
I don't think it matters at all what music parents listen to or what kind of clothes they wear.As long as they love their child and put the child first they're doing something right.
AB and EB clearly did not and did not deserve to take care of Zahra for one minute.

I wouldn't look at that 50 year old woman askance and I wouldn't think she's insecure or immature.On the contrary,I would applaud her being so secure and I'd think "you go girl" especially if she was a bigger lady...anyways it just goes to show that each person might see something totally different.
It's been hard for me to comment on this particular case because I am soooooo angry,I am so angry in part because I ,like EB am over 40 and still love the dark stuff,poetry,music,tatoos,piercings.....it just makes me so sick to think that she hurt this beautiful,amazing child that went through so much and at the same time she's feeding the stereotype that "freaks" like her are evil,soulless creatures.
I don't think it matters at all what music parents listen to or what kind of clothes they wear.As long as they love their child and put the child first they're doing something right.
AB and EB clearly did not and did not deserve to take care of Zahra for one minute.

More than thanks to you, for adding these thoughts.

Well, when I was in my late teens/early 20's my reaction probably would have been very similar to yours. At 47, my world view is much different.

But I agree...people do view things differently, depending on their perspective.

(bbm)
I'm not sure I agree with that statement. When we listen to certain things day in and day out, whether we are aware of it, or not, they're affecting us. For instance, don't certain songs make you feel happy, while others make you feel sad? How you feel is going to color your perceptions, positively or negatively. That's going to affect your parenting.

As to the clothes one chooses to wear...children take in much more than we give them credit for. And, whether we choose to admit it or not, we do judge a person by what they are wearing. We can either say, "ugh! How inappropriate!" (judging), or we can say, "You go, girl!" (also judging). The only difference is one is negative, one is positive, but still making a judgement. So by what you wear, you are giving your children the impression in their developing minds that that is an "ok" way to dress, whether it's wearing fishnet stockings or flannel.

So, in short, I don't agree that it's ok to listen to whatever you want, and wear whatever you want, and still be an effective parent....because anything you do negatively has the ability to impact your children.

I do agree, however, with the idea that if you are putting them first, you're doing something right. That's where it all starts.

First, let me say that while I HATE these parents with a passion, I don't think that t-shirt tells us anything much. I think the truth coming out soon is alot darker than that rock band and has nothing to do with music.

As a mother of teens and twenties, I have to admit that my kids listen to System of a Down, and they like it. My fourteen-year-old has songs on his Ipod. I don't censor their music the same way my parents didn't censor me (it wouldn't have worked anyway).

There are alot worse t-shirts someone could wear. JMO

Some people might say the same thing if this guy was wearing a Harry Potter t-shirt from Hot Topic with a picture of Voldemort on it. That wouldn't necessarily mean anything either, since the HP books are not satanic in any way, are all about fighting evil, and in fact have Christian values clearly expressed in the last book. But it all depends on your own background and point of view.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak
Back