1225 users online (229 members and 996 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

2010.11.12 - Remains Confirmed to be Zahra's

http://www.wcnc.com/news/Source-Rema...107480738.html

by NewsChannel 36 Staff
    WCNC.com
    Posted on November 12, 2010 at 9:42 AM
    Updated today at 10:07 AM

HICKORY, N.C. A source close to the investigation tells NewsChannel 36 Hickory Police will hold a 4 p.m. news briefing on Friday in which investigators will announce that remains found Wednesday are in fact that of Zahra Baker.

Rest in peace sweet baby. Prayers for your family, your friends and your loved ones.

Quote Originally Posted by imamaze View Post
    Zahra's dad meets with police, mom arrives in US as 'possible human remains' found
    Sources tell WBTV that human remains were found Wednesday in Caldwell County while authorities were searching for clues related to a missing 10-year-old Hickory girl.
    The news came Thursday -- the same day that Zahra Baker's biological mother was spotted in Hickory after arriving from Australia.
    Meanwhile, Adam Baker, Zahra's father who first reported her missing in a 911 call on Oct. 9, was at the Hickory Police station Thursday afternoon for about an hour.
    More... Video included...
    Respectfully shortened.
    BBM

One hour! Why, oh why is has he not been locked up?

2010.11.12 - Remains Confirmed to be Zahra's

Per WhyADuck's request from the [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119653"]press conference[/ame] thread. Page 4, post #83 is PattyG's audio video of the PC.

Please discuss this topic here.
    Last edited by w1df10wr; 11-12-2010 at 05:30 PM. Reason: add link and info

It was more of a request than an instruction, but thank you, w1df10wr.

I just thought a fresh discussion without the "what ifs" was in order.

So why isn't AB in jail? Just heard from WHYADUCK that it was rumor?? I hadn't heard that one but I do try to stay away from the rumors. So I am asking WHY isn't he in jail? Why didn't they announce that? If for no other reason, they should of locked him up to keep him safe.
    Last edited by kcsmom76; 11-12-2010 at 05:16 PM. Reason: Got my initials wrong.

We knew it was coming,but it's still such a shock. RIP sweet girl
    I am "The Elephants Child."

So they can't charge anyone with murder yet even after testing the bone and knowing its her. I am puzzled..Its the same story as ICA's someone took her and then they found her bones how are these cases different from a legal standpoint?

Quote Originally Posted by kcsmom76 View Post
    So why isn't AB in jail? Just heard from WHYADUCK that it was rumor?? I hadn't heard that one but I do try to stay away from the rumors. So I am asking WHY isn't he in jail? Why didn't they announce that? If for no other reason, they should of locked him up to keep him safe.
    Sorry, kcsmom76 - there was a very questionable link with no confirmation posted earlier, and I thought that is what you were thinking of.

Your question is valid.

I can only assume LE/DA would rather do this right than quickly.

The beautiful roundabout of Context, Veracity, and JUSTICE
    http://www.wsoctv.com/video/25774361/index.html

Link to 11.12.2010 presser 4 p.m.
    You can hold back from the suffering of the world. You have free permission to do so and it is in accordance with your nature.
    But perhaps this very holding back is the one suffering you could have avoided.
    Franz Kafka

Be not simply good. Be good for something.
    HDT

I guess maybe they'll arrest him once the remains are confirmed to be hers? That might be the legal sticky wicket there. A defense attorney would have a field day if he was arrested before the remains were confirmed, even if it was blatantly obvious who's it was.

At least we don't have a defense attorney demanding to examine the scene yet on this case...

I don't believe they have any evidence against AB.
    They can't hold you without charging you, from what little I know.
    They have remains, but probably at this time not a Cause of death.
    That may be some time in coming.

This is so very sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Aedrys View Post
    I guess maybe they'll arrest him once the remains are confirmed to be hers? That might be the legal sticky wicket there. A defense attorney would have a field day if he was arrested before the remains were confirmed, even if it was blatantly obvious who's it was.

At least we don't have a defense attorney demanding to examine the scene yet on this case...
    I thought the bone they found on Christie was confirmed to be a DNA match with something they found at Zahra's house?
    Back to lurking mode.

my own thoughts on this are: We are now in the beginning phases of this changing from a missing person presumed dead investigation, to a murder, wrongful death prosecution.

I think LE is pretty confident that AB is going nowhere. They have his passport, and I believe they are sitting on him pretty tight.

Our legal eagles can elaborate much better than me but once an arrest IS made, the wheels start turning. The clock starts ticking. LE (thru the DA) is obliged to give over their evidence (discovery, disclosures, etc)

MOO is that they are waiting as long as possible to start that tick tock so that they can build as compelling a case as possible.

I am very frustrated he is not behind bars too, but I do see the method behind the madness.
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

Yeah, I don't think AB should step foot outside his apartment right now...I'm surprised we haven't heard of protestors showing up and picketing after the news conference...

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast