2010.11.12 - Remains Confirmed to be Zahra's

Status
Not open for further replies.

summer_breeze

Reaction score
Rest in peace sweet baby. Prayers for your family, your friends and your loved ones.

Zahra's dad meets with police, mom arrives in US as 'possible human remains' found
Sources tell WBTV that human remains were found Wednesday in Caldwell County while authorities were searching for clues related to a missing 10-year-old Hickory girl.
The news came Thursday -- the same day that Zahra Baker's biological mother was spotted in Hickory after arriving from Australia.
Meanwhile, Adam Baker, Zahra's father who first reported her missing in a 911 call on Oct. 9, was at the Hickory Police station Thursday afternoon for about an hour.
More... Video included...
Respectfully shortened.
BBM

One hour! Why, oh why is has he not been locked up?

Per WhyADuck's request from the [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119653"]press conference[/ame] thread. Page 4, post #83 is PattyG's audio video of the PC.

Please discuss this topic here.

It was more of a request than an instruction, but thank you, w1df10wr.

I just thought a fresh discussion without the "what ifs" was in order.

:(

So why isn't AB in jail? Just heard from WHYADUCK that it was rumor?? I hadn't heard that one but I do try to stay away from the rumors. So I am asking WHY isn't he in jail? Why didn't they announce that? If for no other reason, they should of locked him up to keep him safe.

We knew it was coming,but it's still such a shock. RIP sweet girl

So they can't charge anyone with murder yet even after testing the bone and knowing its her. I am puzzled..Its the same story as ICA's someone took her and then they found her bones how are these cases different from a legal standpoint?

So why isn't AB in jail? Just heard from WHYADUCK that it was rumor?? I hadn't heard that one but I do try to stay away from the rumors. So I am asking WHY isn't he in jail? Why didn't they announce that? If for no other reason, they should of locked him up to keep him safe.

Sorry, kcsmom76 - there was a very questionable link with no confirmation posted earlier, and I thought that is what you were thinking of.

Your question is valid.

I can only assume LE/DA would rather do this right than quickly.

I guess maybe they'll arrest him once the remains are confirmed to be hers? That might be the legal sticky wicket there. A defense attorney would have a field day if he was arrested before the remains were confirmed, even if it was blatantly obvious who's it was.

At least we don't have a defense attorney demanding to examine the scene yet on this case...

I don't believe they have any evidence against AB.
They can't hold you without charging you, from what little I know.
They have remains, but probably at this time not a Cause of death.
That may be some time in coming.

This is so very sad.

I guess maybe they'll arrest him once the remains are confirmed to be hers? That might be the legal sticky wicket there. A defense attorney would have a field day if he was arrested before the remains were confirmed, even if it was blatantly obvious who's it was.

At least we don't have a defense attorney demanding to examine the scene yet on this case...

I thought the bone they found on Christie was confirmed to be a DNA match with something they found at Zahra's house?

my own thoughts on this are: We are now in the beginning phases of this changing from a missing person presumed dead investigation, to a murder, wrongful death prosecution.

I think LE is pretty confident that AB is going nowhere. They have his passport, and I believe they are sitting on him pretty tight.

Our legal eagles can elaborate much better than me but once an arrest IS made, the wheels start turning. The clock starts ticking. LE (thru the DA) is obliged to give over their evidence (discovery, disclosures, etc)

MOO is that they are waiting as long as possible to start that tick tock so that they can build as compelling a case as possible.

I am very frustrated he is not behind bars too, but I do see the method behind the madness.

Yeah, I don't think AB should step foot outside his apartment right now...I'm surprised we haven't heard of protestors showing up and picketing after the news conference...

So they can't charge anyone with murder yet even after testing the bone and knowing its her. I am puzzled..Its the same story as ICA's someone took her and then they found her bones how are these cases different from a legal standpoint?
Yup...that case seems to have spawned a whole new breed of heinous murderers.

I thought the bone they found on Christie was confirmed to be a DNA match with something they found at Zahra's house?

The bone was - that is different than what I am talking about. I was referring to the remains found in that two foot hole. But you are right that the bone was confirmed. However, they might want to put it against both parents DNA to absolutely sure. And that takes more time. I'm sure they want to identify the other remains that way as well. I can see a defense attorney fighting such a preliminary confirmation.

THink I said this in another thread. LE had only samples of DNA they "believed" was Z's (ie not a conclusive known sample).

I am not specualting it wasn't, just saying I think they want to make SURE this identification and the one coming on remains is IRREFUTABLE.

I don't believe they have any evidence against AB.
They can't hold you without charging you, from what little I know.
They have remains, but probably at this time not a Cause of death.
That may be some time in coming.

This is so very sad.

Surely this poor little angel didn't dismember herself, probably in the kitchen and bathroom, flushed her blood down the drain and then scattered her bones in the woods before digging a hole in the ground and.....THIS IS MAKING ME SO SO ANGRY!!!!!!! She survived with one leg, she survived cancer but she didn't survive her parents....:furious::furious::furious:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123