Here are some photos of 21 21st St. NW Memorial

Status
Not open for further replies.

kcsmom76

Verified Insider
Reaction score
http://s1189.photobucket.com/albums/z421/amylynn34/Zahra Memorial November 13 2010/

I am such a ditz. I have lived in Caldwell County all my life, and grew up going to the "big town" of Hickory to shop, out to eat, etc. But I have NEVER got used to all the stupid street names in Hickory and the directions. This afternoon me and my family went out to eat in Hickory and then went on journey to find 21 21st St. NW and it took us awhile.

We went "into town" and "downtown" to look for some kind of memorial that I could contribute. We had no luck. So we went looking for the house anyway so if I had to come back by myself I would be able to find it easy. I went all around town and "Clark Tire" wear I told Zahra's house was. Well I was looking downtown, instead of "Viewmont". Dummy me!! But I happened upon it by accident because I had wondered over to Hobby Lobby in Viewmont and then I noticed a Clark Tire, and then the Bistro that was talked about and then I saw 20th St. NW.

So we turned down this street and wondered around until we finally ended up on 21 St. NW. It was a winding road with gorgeous, huge homes. As I started up the hill I saw a bunch of cars and knew that had to be it. I had finally found Zahra's last "resting place."

As you can see from the pics, there are lots and lots of memorials for her. I also noticed how everyone was quiet or whispering. No one was loud or hateful. We were all there for one purpose, Zahra.

I thought I would break down with all the crying I had been doing for this child, but I just teared up a little. It was on the way home that I cried.

My sweet dd, who is 9, wants to come back and leave one of her treasured stuffed animals to "give to Zahra".

There were a few cards addressed to Emilie. I hope they are nice and not accusing to her. She is the only one in this whole mess who has shown ANY emotion. I almost wish I would of seen her so I could give her a great big hug and tell her about WS and how much we love and have prayed for her.

I think I have decided I will go back on her birthday after I get out of class. I am still thinking of letting some purple balloons go, as a way of releasing her from "myself", IYKWIM?

And the flood of emotions comes back again. OMG it's heartbreaking. Thank-you SO much for sharing your pictures. :hug:

This is the one that got me:

http://s1189.photobucket.com/albums.../amylynn34/?action=view&current=Zahra125.jpg&

The picture of Zahra, with that beautiful angel doll and adorable pink bunny. My 9 year old daughter loves bunnies...it's devastating to realize that dear Zahra will not get to play with these wonderful toys and balloons and angels.

The lights in the shape of a Z is a nice touch. So many caring people. *Sigh*

I hope Zahra knows how much she's loved, and I'm sure the growing memorial will bring comfort to ED and also LE, who is hurting as if she were one of their own.

ty. This is as close as I can get to visiting the site myself. Ty for giving me an ooportunity to visit it via you today.

And the flood of emotions comes back again. OMG it's heartbreaking. Thank-you SO much for sharing your pictures. :hug:

This is the one that got me:

http://s1189.photobucket.com/albums.../amylynn34/?action=view&current=Zahra125.jpg&

The picture of Zahra, with that beautiful angel doll and adorable pink bunny. My 9 year old daughter loves bunnies...it's devastating to realize that dear Zahra will not get to play with these wonderful toys and balloons and angels.

The lights in the shape of a Z is a nice touch. So many caring people. *Sigh*

I hope Zahra knows how much she's loved, and I'm sure the growing memorial will bring comfort to ED and also LE, who is hurting as if she were one of their own.

Sorry about that Hamsterdance. After I looked at the link I decided to organize them a little better.

Links should be fixed now.

Is there a still camera set up and pointed at the Memorial Tree?

I don't think so. There were some of those fog/photo/flood (whatever you call them) lights around the tree to light it up at night. There was a man who was setting up a news camera at the steps of the house and around the tree when I was leaving.

KCSMom, thank you soooo much for sharing this with all of us! So many beautiful gestures for our girl...

KCS mom thanks so much.......
what does the sign on hell house say to SM and AB???
Did neighbors put it up????

I also want to thank you kcsmom for sharing those pictures. I wish I could have been there.... I suppose it doesn't matter, I have had a memorial for Zahra in my soul for days now.

KCS mom thanks so much.......
what does the sign on hell house say to SM and AB???
Did neighbors put it up????

The first sign says: "Stepmom and Daddy both need to be in jail."
The second sign says: "Justice for Zarhara Baker."
The last sign says: "DSS and the school system (with an arrow and the words "school board" pointed at school system) failed Zahara." I wish I could remember the rest of what was on that sign, but I thought the camera would show it up so I didn't remember. I think it said something about DSS and the school board should be ashamed. I took these pics with dh's cell phone so they are not as clear as my camera.

I am not sure who put the signs up, they were already there when I came.

Did yall also notice the paint can on the porch??? I hope it is some that the "owner" is using and not some that EB and AB used. I think that should be in evidence. But it did look like an older can, or a can that been out in the weather.

I also want to thank you kcsmom for sharing those pictures. I wish I could have been there.... I suppose it doesn't matter, I have had a memorial for Zahra in my soul for days now.

I loved being able to feel like I was "there" when I was following Caylee Anthony case and just wanted to be able to provide that service for Zahra's case. I am so blessed that I can share these photos. I just wish I could of done more.

KCSMom,
Was this the vigil or was that somewhere else? Thanks for the photos, when I went to the link I got something else and had to click on your albums to find them though.

KCSMom,
Was this the vigil or was that somewhere else? Thanks for the photos, when I went to the link I got something else and had to click on your albums to find them though.

No, this is was just the memorial at the tree outside her house that has been growing since she was reported missing.

I will go check the link out. Thanks for letting me know.

~The first two links in my first two posts work.~ Don't know what happened to the other links in other members posts?

kcsmom, I hope it's OK with you if I add your pics to the album for memorials, vigils, remembrances.
The album is growing so fast, we had to make sub-albums.

eta, nevermind, I guess they are locked. Good pics though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GravityHurts