Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Maybe the 'boyfriend' decided that LE was looking too closely at him or moving in the direction of these women and children being harmed....so he moved the truck to make it appear that she came back and took the truck...that she's still living and the 4 decided to leave on their own. MOO.

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to krista For This Useful Post:

How sad, another disappearance.

Mt Vernon is sort of a country town more than a big city town. Lots of River and lakes around. Back country roads. hilly.

I also wonder if the mother and her "friend" didnt just take off and plan to restart their lives. or they could have sensed a major danger to one or more of them, so they took off. I dont understand the truck that was moved around, nor do I understand the boyfriend not noticing anything in the house. Boy friend is my prime suspect. I also wonder what kind of relationship mom and friend had. Boy friend came home unexpected?

Where is this family.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to orb4me For This Useful Post:

sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    http://www.federalnewsradio.com/inde...29&sid=2115733

very good write up on the case so far.

((aside)) I have family in this area (johnstown, danville, and Mt. Vernon) and also grew up about 20 miles away... this is an absolutely beautiful part of Ohio.

I hope these four are found soon. the descriptions of the children in the above article was heartbreaking. I hope they have not been harmed.

any word on WHERE the boyfriend is? Has he absconded?

6. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by darlin gal View Post
    "When (the co-worker) went in, she saw some things out of place," the sheriff told the television station. A subsequent police search of the house determined that it was in an "unusual condition" for a place where a woman and two children were living, Barber said.
    It was unclear what led to their disapperance, and Barber did not elaborate.
    The friend's vehicle was found parked at the home.

The mother's pickup truck was at the home Wednesday when the boyfriend reported her missing, but it was found abandoned Thursday night on property owned by nearby Kenyon College, about 50 miles northeast of Columbus.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/11/12...-ohio-college/
    Do I understand this correctly? The mother's pick-up was at the home at the time the boyfriend reported her missing........but after he reported her missing, the pickup truck was moved and found abandoned at the college?

If I'm reading that correctly, it almost sounds like the boyfriend went to the house, saw that the mother and children were missing, went somewhere to call the police and report them missing, and while he made that call, the truck was moved. Were the perps still around the house when the boyfriend was there???
    My posts are my opinion..........

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Leila For This Useful Post:

Larry Maynard told Columbus station WBNS-TV on Friday the co-worker said she first peered into the home and saw things out of place. He says the woman went inside, saw blood and called police.

. The split-level house is surrounded by trees and sits isolated on a relatively short, rural roadway. Both ends of the road were blocked off Friday with yellow crime-scene tape, as sheriff's deputies stood guard.
    Justice for Nevaeh FB Group http://bit.ly/justice4nevaeh

In Memory of Aja D. Johnson:
    http://bit.ly/AjaFacebookGroup

In Memory of Ethan Stacy -
    http://bit.ly/inmemoryofethan

10. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to darlin gal For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Leila View Post
    Do I understand this correctly? The mother's pick-up was at the home at the time the boyfriend reported her missing........but after he reported her missing, the pickup truck was moved and found abandoned at the college?

If I'm reading that correctly, it almost sounds like the boyfriend went to the house, saw that the mother and children were missing, went somewhere to call the police and report them missing, and while he made that call, the truck was moved. Were the perps still around the house when the boyfriend was there???
    It sounds like, yes, the truck was still there when the boyfriend came to the home and then reported her missing. That, to me, indicates someone other than the boyfriend. Had the boyfriend harmed them, there would have been plenty of time for him to move the truck and then report her missing. He wouldn't report and then go to move the car - there would be too great a chance to be caught.

I also wonder if he was inside - if he was, then it seems like the "unusual circumstances" in the home were not present when he was here. But then, what would prompt him to report them missing?

There's a lot of odd facts surrounding this one. One of my classmates is a reporter for a local station. He doesn't generally report crimes or breaking news, but I'll see if he's heard anything new tonight.

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to AnaTeresa For This Useful Post:

Did police not come out and check the home, when the boyfriend reported them missing? Wouldn't they have seeen the blood and things out of place? Wouldn't the boyfriend have? This is a strange case.

Praying for the safety of these women and children!

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to hollye For This Useful Post:

KCSO in search of missing Apple Valley women and children

copy of part of news article on federalnewsradio. The ex-husband of an Ohio woman whose disappearance with their children triggered a college lockdown says a co-worker found blood at the woman's home.
    Larry Maynard told Columbus station WBNS-TV on Friday the co-worker said she first peered into the home and saw things out of place. He says the woman went inside, saw blood and called police.

Investigators say Maynard's ex-wife, Tina Herrmann, was first reported missing on Wednesday. Also missing are her 13-year-old daughter with Maynard, their 10-year-old son and a 41-year-old female friend.

HOWARD — The Knox County Sheriff’s Office is searching for clues to find four people reported missing.

Tina Herrmann, 481 King Beach Drive,
    Missing are Herrmann, 32
    Sarah Maynard, 13,
    Kody Maynard, 10;
    Stephanie Sprang, 41.

Herrmann’s vehicle was recovered Thursday night near the Kenyon College campus. Sprang’s vehicle was found in Herrmann’s garage.

this is my humble effort to start a time line. The boyfriends name has been in an article, so can we use his name now? I checked Knox Co records, and his name did not come up.
    Last edited by orb4me; 11-12-2010 at 02:16 PM.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to orb4me For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Mist View Post
    I was thinking the same as y'all - something is left out of the reports - or something just doesn't seem right about these circumstances as reported.
    If the boyfriend reported Tina and the others missing on Wednesday, and Tina's pickup truck was there at that time...........was the pickup truck missing when the police investigated? And, when did the police investigate? Did they respond to the report right away on Wednesday when the boyfriend reported it? It sounds like the police didn't check out the house until after the co-worker reported Tina missing.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Leila For This Useful Post:

Larry Maynard said that he spoke with one of Tina Herrmann's co-workers, who went to her house and peeked inside her windows after not showing up for work.

"I guess (the co-worker saw) some beer cans and some things that looked kind of out of place, and she knew that something was definitely not right," Larry Maynard said. "My ex kept a pretty clean house. She went and entered the home and when she went into the home, she saw some blood in the home and -- at that point -- she turned around and left."

According to Larry Maynard, the co-worker then called 911. He told 10TV News that Tina Herrmann never missed work and his children never missed school.

Larry Maynard said that Tina Herrmann's boyfriend contacted him after she was reported missing.

"My kids are my world," Larry Maynard said. "It's like somebody had ripped my heart out of me. I don't want to believe that something has happened to my children, but in my heart, I know there's something that's happened to them."

http://www.10tv.com/live/content/loc...n.html?sid=102

20. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:

Sadness, anger, worry - it's hard to decide on an emotion right now, said Larry Maynard, the father of two children who have gone missing in Knox County.
    Law-enforcement officials searched a house last night in Knox County and nearby Kenyon College locked down its campus, because the children, their mother, and a friend were reported missing. They are thought to be victims of foul play.
    Knox County Sheriff David Barber told WBNS-TV (Channel 10) that Tina R. Herrmann, 32, and her friend Stephanie Sprang, 41, along with Herrmann's children, Sarah Maynard, 13, and Kody Maynard, 10, were last seen Wednesday.
    Maynard, who lives in southern Franklin County, said Herrmann's coworkers at Dairy Queen called him and told him what happened.
    "It's like somebody ripped my heart out while it was still beating," Maynard said.
    "You have this kind of thing on the TV all the time, but it's never your family. I'm no dummy. I know the longer these things go on, the worse the chances."
    Sarah is a bubbly child and "a star athlete on the softball team." Kody is quieter, a good student always on honor roll. Maynard said he last saw them about three weeks ago when he and his wife took them to the Columbus Zoo and Aquarium. Maynard and Hermann never married.
    He said Sprang has her own children waiting for her to come home.

http://www.dispatch.com/live/content...suspected.html
    Justice for Nevaeh FB Group http://bit.ly/justice4nevaeh

In Memory of Aja D. Johnson:
    http://bit.ly/AjaFacebookGroup

In Memory of Ethan Stacy -
    http://bit.ly/inmemoryofethan

22. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to darlin gal For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by nursebeeme View Post

very good write up on the case so far.

((aside)) I have family in this area (johnstown, danville, and Mt. Vernon) and also grew up about 20 miles away... this is an absolutely beautiful part of Ohio.

I hope these four are found soon. the descriptions of the children in the above article was heartbreaking. I hope they have not been harmed.

any word on WHERE the boyfriend is? Has he absconded?
    One article stated that the boyfriend lived there too, at the house with Tina, her children, and Stephanie.

If the boyfriend reported Tina, Stephanie, and the children missing on Wednesday.................where did he stay Wednesday night? If he lives there too, did he go home on Wednesday night or stay elsewhere?

24. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Leila For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Leila View Post
    If the boyfriend reported Tina and the others missing on Wednesday, and Tina's pickup truck was there at that time...........was the pickup truck missing when the police investigated? And, when did the police investigate? Did they respond to the report right away on Wednesday when the boyfriend reported it? It sounds like the police didn't check out the house until after the co-worker reported Tina missing.
    I skimmed thru earlier articles & that's what it sounds like to me...tho admittedly the whole situation is confusing --especially since I stayed up all nite last nite...gotta lotta brain drain going on & coffee isn't working to kick it back into gear. ::

Maybe I'll just get another cup of coffee & read everything over one more time..and start adding to orb4me's timeline.
    What we are doing is just a drop in the ocean.
    But if that drop was not in the ocean,
    I think the ocean would be less because of that missing drop.
    ~~ Mother Theresa ~~

Where is Rachel Cooke? Missing since 10-Jan-2002
    Rachel's thread - WS
    RachelCookeSearch.org

26. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Texas Mist For This Useful Post:

click thanks if I have this right ((((pass the coffee Ms Texas)))))

tina's truck was there when the friend popped by to see why she didn't show up for work and saw beer cans and blood

when boyfriend gets to house the truck is gone?

not sure *when* the truck was there and when it wasn't LOL and what *time* boyfriend got there....

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:

The 32-year-old mother, Tina Herrmann, was reported missing by her boyfriend on Wednesday, and her co-worker at a Dairy Queen went to her home in Howard to check on her when she didn't show up for work on Thursday, Knox County Sheriff David Barber told.

another snip

Herrmann's pickup truck was at the home Wednesday when the boyfriend reported her missing, the sheriff said, but it was found abandoned Thursday night on property owned by Kenyon College,

http://www2.nbc4i.com/news/2010/nov/...own-ar-288593/

so:
    1) wednesday BF reports them missing (((when is the friend last seen??? did anyone report her missing? was HER truck at the house when he reported Tina missing???)))) what TIME did he report her missing? Was there blood in the house and beer cans all over at this time???

2) thursday kids don't show up at school, Tina doesn't show up at work. Coworker goes to the house and finds blood and beer cans in the house... leaves and calls LE

3) thursday night truck found at Kenyon College.

---------------

hinky meter beam currently pointed at boyfriend. moo

30. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast