Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: OH - Tina Herrmann, K Maynard, S Sprang, Murdered, 11.10.2010 - 13 yo rescued #1

sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    further question... did the boyfriend report the children missing on wednesday as well??? or were they at the house????

I have only read that they didn't show up for school on thursday (not wed)

this case is very strange!!!!!!!!!!
    This bee my opinion

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by orb4me View Post
    thank you Texas Mist. I tryed, The time lines that are on WS makes things so much easier to follow.
    Ive already had another thought. Maybe the friend is who we should be looking into, she hid/placed her car in their garage. Normal people dont do that.
    I thought the friend, Stephanie, was living at the house with Tina and the two children too?
    My posts are my opinion..........

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Leila For This Useful Post:

Knox County Sheriff David Barber told WBNS-TV (Channel 10) that Tina R. Herrmann, 32, and her friend Stephanie Spring, 41, along with Herrmann's children, S 13, and K, 10, were last seen Wednesday.

Gregory Borders, who lives at the home with Herrmann, reported the four missing Wednesday

http://www.dispatch.com/live/content...y.html?sid=101
    This bee my opinion

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:

Maynard, who lives in southern Franklin County, said Herrmann's coworkers at Dairy Queen in Mount Vernon called him and told him what happened.

so not the boyfriend????
    http://www.dispatch.com/live/content...d.html?sid=101

much more at link (article somewhat updated)

oh and another snip:

A State Highway Patrol helicopter equipped with a heat-imaging system, which can detect bodies, swept the area near the home last night and was returning early this afternoon to resume the search and take Sheriff Barber aloft, said Lt. Gary Lewis, patrol spokesman.

The house is in Howard Township. Kenyon College is about 7 miles away.
    This bee my opinion

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:

Just opinion as a local on some of the news sources - The Dispatch and WBNS-10TV tend to do pretty accurate reporting, although WBNS can lapse into over-hyping the coming news as more sensational than it really is. I'm not overly familiar with WCMH-NBC4's broadcasts. However, WSYX-ABC6 and WTTE-Fox28 tends to sensationalize their broadcasts, particularly when crime is involved.

I'm sure everyone knows to take what they hear with a grain of salt, but I wanted to give the non-locals a head's up. Unless it comes straight from LE's mouth, the information being relayed may have been given the usual "spin." Again, this is just my opinion - so you can take that with the usual grain of salt as well.
    Last edited by AnaTeresa; 11-12-2010 at 03:20 PM. Reason: Typo

10. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to AnaTeresa For This Useful Post:

HOWARD, Ohio The former live-in boyfriend of an Ohio woman who has gone missing along with her two children and a friend says he last heard from her on Wednesday morning.

Greg Borders says Tina Herrmann texted him on his way to work at a distribution center about 4:40 a.m. to let him know that she'd fed the dog.

Borders says he and Herrmann split up several weeks ago, but were still living together. He says they were a few months behind on their mortgage payments and were going to lose the house.

Borders says Herrmann and her friend had plans to look for an apartment.
    http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...l/7291746.html

12. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to wfgodot For This Useful Post:

So I snipped out the truck info --

* mother's pickup truck was at the home Wednesday when the boyfriend reported her missing,

* On Thursday - "A co-worker came out and met deputies out here. Her (Tina's) truck was gone."

* Thursday - friend's vehicle was found parked at the home.

* thursday nite - LE finds Tina's truck near the college

The missing piece to clarify is where was Stephanie's truck on Wednesday...I could def.see the b/f freaking out if both trucks were there on Wednesday but nobody's home.

If Stephanie's truck wasn't there, then maybe someone used her truck, & brought it back late Wednesday/early Thursday & took Tina's truck then dumped it at the college.

Doesn't make any sense to me.
    What we are doing is just a drop in the ocean.
    But if that drop was not in the ocean,
    I think the ocean would be less because of that missing drop.
    ~~ Mother Theresa ~~

Where is Rachel Cooke? Missing since 10-Jan-2002
    Rachel's thread - WS
    RachelCookeSearch.org

14. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Texas Mist For This Useful Post:

here it goes..... eh woof?

thanks for the link!
    This bee my opinion

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by nursebeeme View Post
    Knox County Sheriff David Barber told WBNS-TV (Channel 10) that Tina R. Herrmann, 32, and her friend Stephanie Spring, 41, along with Herrmann's children, S 13, and K, 10, were last seen Wednesday.

Gregory Borders, who lives at the home with Herrmann, reported the four missing Wednesday

http://www.dispatch.com/live/content...y.html?sid=101
    So Gregory Borders reported on Wednesday that all 4 people were missing. And then we have Tina's co-worker going to the house, peeking in windows, entering the house and seeing beer cans and blood and calling 911 on Thursday.

This is just my speculation based on what little we know, but it sounds like Gregory Borders may have come home from work and reported the 4 missing. Since it's been reported that he lived there too, I'd like to know if he stayed there Wednesday night. Where was he and what did he do Wednesday night?

Then Thursday, after Tina didn't show up for work, a co-worker went to her home, peeked in the windows, saw some things out of place, entered the home and saw blood and called 911.

Some police departments don't act on a report of a missing adult until they've been missing for 24 hours. There's a presumption that an adult is acting on free will and may have, for personal reasons, gone somewhere. It sounds like this is what happened in this case. The police didn't respond until the second report, the 911 call from the co-worker on Thursday. By that time, Tina's pickup truck, which was still there at the time of Gregory Borders report to the police on Wednesday, was now missing.

18. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Leila For This Useful Post:

Okay, here's a possible scenario --

4 people live in a house. 2 adults, 2 children.

One night, a friend is there, too.

That night at some point, 1 resident kills the 4 other people in the home.

Killer hides the visitor's car in the garage.

Calls LE the next day to report other residents missing.

LE comes out, and killer says that they left in the hidden vehicle and never came back.

LE doesn't check inside house (where victims are!) because they have no reason to believe that the 4 did not leave voluntarily in the hidden vehicle. They are focused on "Where is the (hidden) vehicle?"

That night, killer is planning to use hidden vehicle to hide bodies and then leave it abandoned somewhere. But it occurs to him that garage door going up might cause problems, not to mention that LE is looking out for that vehicle.

So he takes the non-hidden vehicle to dispose of bodies and abandons it because he can't take it home now that it has evidence in it. It takes him a while to make his way back . . .

The next morning, maybe before killer gets back to the house, a coworker of one of the victims comes by the house and enters, seeing blood and disorder. Co-worker calls LE before killer has time to clean up house and figure out a way to get rid of hidden vehicle.

I think that fits with the timeline. Of course it's all speculation, based on the timeline and reported information.

20. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to STEADFAST For This Useful Post:

Wonder why it was so important to text Borders that the dog was fed -- at 4:40 in the morning?
    ~~ Mother Theresa ~~

Rachel's thread - WS
    RachelCookeSearch.org

22. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Texas Mist For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Mist View Post
    Wonder why it was so important to text Borders that the dog was fed -- at 4:40 in the morning?
    Could be that they work different shifts - if he came home later while she was gone, and the dog food was gone, he would feed the dog again - unless he knew the dog had been fed that morning already and just ate it all before he came home.

I'd like to know where he was Wednesday night - out looking for them? Staying with a friend? Did the police take him seriously with his report - or did it take 24 hours for them to start looking?

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to AnaTeresa For This Useful Post:

OK - FWIW - found a 'comment' that said Stephanie lived almost next door & she has 3 children (posted by a 'friend')

http://www.mountvernonnews.com/blog/...-and-children/

Just something else to chew on - if indeed it's true.
    ~~ Mother Theresa ~~

Rachel's thread - WS
    RachelCookeSearch.org

26. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Texas Mist For This Useful Post:

If Gregory Borders is at work at 4:40am, I would presume that he works a night shift or a very early shift - like 3:00am to 12:00pm - noon. Tina was up and probably getting ready to get the two children off to school, and get ready to go to work. She may have been letting Gregory know that the dog was fed so he wouldn't feed the dog when he got home later.

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Leila For This Useful Post:

House is listed in boyfriend and Tina's name on the county auditor site.

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Smugshots For This Useful Post:

Here's yet another version:

HOWARD, Ohio - Greg Borders says the last time he heard from his girlfriend was through a text message Wednesday morning that said she had fed their miniature pinscher.

Fast-forward to a call from his mother at noon Thursday. Borders said he and a friend were out golfing in Urbana, when his mother informed him that Tina R. Herrmann, 32, and her two children were missing.

Borders said he hadn't seen Herrmann since he left for work at the Target distribution center in West Jefferson at 3:40 a.m. Wednesday. He said he spent that night at his mother's house instead of going home.

After the call from his mother, he drove home. Borders said deputies took him to the back porch and asked for permission to enter. Herrmann said a deputy stepped in and turned right around and came out, saying that he was definitely going to need a warrant for this. He was told, "There was a considerable mess in the house."

http://www.dispatch.com/live/content...suspected.html

Dang - if this isn't confusing.
    ~~ Mother Theresa ~~

Rachel's thread - WS
    RachelCookeSearch.org

32. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Texas Mist For This Useful Post:

Also, why hasn't an Amber Alert been issued? The children are missing, there was allegedly blood at the scene. What gives, LE?

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AnaTeresa For This Useful Post:

<snip>
    After the call from his mother, he drove home. Borders said deputies took him to the back porch and asked for permission to enter. Herrmann said a deputy stepped in and turned right around and came out, saying that he was definitely going to need a warrant for this. He was told, "There was a considerable mess in the house."

Why would they need a warrant, if Borders gave him permission to enter?

36. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to AnaTeresa For This Useful Post:

OK - FWIW - found a 'comment' that said Stephanie lived almost next door & she has 3 children (posted by a 'friend')

http://www.mountvernonnews.com/blog/...-and-children/

Just something else to chew on - if indeed it's true.
    This just adds to the mystery. If Stephanie lives practically next door, why was her pick-up truck in the garage at Tina's house? I would think that the two women would walk back and forth between their homes.

38. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Leila For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by AnaTeresa View Post
    Why would they need a warrant, if Borders gave him permission to enter?
    To make sure the t's are crossed and the i's are dotted. Obvious crime scene = by-the-book procedures.

40. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to wfgodot For This Useful Post:

http://twitter.com/tomwsyx6

posted: ex boyfriend says he didn't harm either woman...

FB page for family:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Pray-f...2594279?v=wall
    God has a plan to help bring justice to the world -- and his plan is us.
    Gary Haugen
    Source: Founder, International

42. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to dreamweaver For This Useful Post:

I may regret this later but I'm starting to get a not so good feeling about Mr. Borders.

44. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SleuthyMama For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Leila View Post
    This just adds to the mystery. If Stephanie lives practically next door, why was her pick-up truck in the garage at Tina's house? I would think that the two women would walk back and forth between their homes.
    I think it may have been put (by someone other than Stephanie) into the garage to stage the scene, making it look like Stephanie drove Tina and her children away.

46. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to STEADFAST For This Useful Post:

http://static.dispatch.com/www.10tv....-lockdown.html

According to Knox County Sheriff David Barber, the inside of the house was in "unusual condition." He said he was surprised that children and adults would be living inside.

The children, Sarah Maynard, 13, and Kody Maynard, 11, were not in school on Thursday, Reaves reported.

According to Barber, Tina Herrmann worked at Dairy Queen, located at 1600 Coschocton Ave., in Mount Vernon, and did not show up for her shift on Thursday.

more...
    "I guess (the co-worker saw) some beer cans and some things that looked kind of out of place, and she knew that something was definitely not right," Larry Maynard said. "My ex kept a pretty clean house. She went and entered the home and when she went into the home, she saw some blood in the home and -- at that point -- she turned around and left."
    God has a plan to help bring justice to the world -- and his plan is us.
    Gary Haugen
    Source: Founder, International

48. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dreamweaver For This Useful Post:

HOWARD, Ohio - Greg Borders says the last time he heard from his girlfriend was through a text message Wednesday morning that said she had fed their miniature pinscher.

Fast-forward to a call from his mother at noon Thursday. Borders said he and a friend were out golfing in Urbana, when his mother informed him that Tina R. Herrmann, 32, and her two children were missing.

Borders said he hadn't seen Herrmann since he left for work at the Target distribution center in West Jefferson at 3:40 a.m. Wednesday. He said he spent that night at his mother's house instead of going home.

This shores up my speculation that Greg Borders works an early morning shift - at Target Distribution Center. He has time off during the day and went golfing.

If Greg and Tina had broken up, and she and her friend were looking for an apartment, it would make sense that Greg might not spend every night at the house. He may have been looking for a place to move to, or was planning on moving in with his mother.

50. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Leila For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast