Doctor's Appt & Seizures Revisit w/new 2010.11.12 Dateline info

BeanE

Inactive
Reaction score
Website
casesignal.wordpress.com
In the Dateline piece on Kyron on Friday November 12, 2010, there was some new info on the doctor's appointment and seizures.

There's no video or transcript available yet, but from my memory and personal notes, the reporter did a voiceover in which she said that nobody in the family knew about the seizures or doctor's appointment.

Here's a prior thread about the seizures and appointment:
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=111400"]Kyron's "seizures" & discussion about TH's emails re: doctor's appts. - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

And another prior thread about the doctor's appointment:
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107776"]Kyron's doctors appointment - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

And some reference info:

Finster said Horman had told Kyron's teacher the day before that she was taking the boy to the doctor on Friday, June 11, and gave the teacher paperwork to fill out related to the appointment.

Finster said that when Kyron didn't show up at the bus the afternoon of June 4, Horman talked to the teacher who said she thought that Horman had taken Kyron to the doctor that day. Horman told Finster that the child's teacher was new, in her first year of teaching, and was hard of hearing in one ear. "She doesn't know if she understood her," Finster said.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/friend_says_terry_moulton_horm.html[/quote]

And some more reference info:

Emails sent on June 5

Typed up Terri's email excerpts up from what is shown on the screen in this video:
http://www.katu.com/news/local/100323934.html?tab=video

Screenshot 1:
The teacher thought I said I was going to take Kyron with K**** for a doctor’s appt. I said I was going to look at other exhibits – how do you mess that up? His coat and backpack were still at school. I left the school at 9 and he was seen with a man “chaperone” and 2 girls after I left. There were no men on the chaperone list. That and it was highly chaotic – had to have been 300 people running around – no coordination…”

Screenshot 4:
The past 2 weeks he’s been acting really weird. Staring off into space. Can’t remember anything. Walks into the room and then back out, stopping to stare and then move on. The doc thinks he is having mini seizures and I made an appt. on Thursday for the next Friday to have him checked out.

Of course the teacher had hearing loss! All these excuses.. I mean I am sure she did, but jeez.

I think Terri could have been poisoning Kyron. jmo

Okay, here's my overall take on the appointment. There is speculation in this post, so be warned of that. Not everything I say might be true because we don't know all the details just yet, so I assume we are allowed to speculate on a few things from what we do know. This goes with my theory that Terri, a narcissist, thought this appointment would make her out to be the stepmother of century and also exonerate her from what happened to Kyron. All IMO only .

The appointment wasn't the entire plan. It was only a piece of a plan to prove Terri's innocence. Think about it this way - she needed to get him out of that school. She also needed the school to not panic and immediately call her or Kaine when it's discovered that Kyron is not there. She needs that time to do what she did to Kyron and then hide what she's done.

She can't just take him and risk that luck is going to be on her side and the school won't call her or God forbid Kaine, wondering where he is. So she had to make up the appointment. But it can't be a real appointment because she knows she's getting symptoms from WebMD (which I showed in a previous post in a previous thread on this subject that she practically took their symptoms verbatim and put them in an email to her friend). She never intends to take him to an appointment because he's not going anywhere after she's done on that Friday.

Instead, she uses that fake appointment to trick the school. If they think he's out at an appointment and coming back later, they won't call her or Kaine, and that gives her time to do what she needs to do - in fact, the school never even raised an alarm about it. It was only the teacher that got confused about it and never reported Kyron missing to the front office because Terri confused her about that appointment. She volunteered at that school. She knew the inner workings of it and what she had to do to get Kyron out and not make any alarm of it. The appointment was the piece to help her do that and it worked.

She even fills out a sheet for it, so if anyone did look, oh, he's just at a doctor's appointment. I believe it was discussed that she didn't have to write down the date of the appointment, just that he had an appointment. Then when she's asked about that, all she had to say is that it was for the following Friday, not Friday June 4th. The poor teacher who doesn't hear well was just mistaken. And if Kaine and Desiree ask her about it, that's where supermom comes in, filling them in on what she saw before he went missing and why she made an appointment.

In this scenario, no one calls the doctor's office. No one gets suspicious because she's this caring mom who was so worried about her stepson that she made an appointment. And she'd tell Kaine and Desiree that she wasn't sure if it was seizures or not, so she didn't want to worry them before knowing for sure what is wrong with Kyron. She was thinking about them, afterall, and not wanting to worry them unless she absolutely had to. How selfless and courageous of her to take the initiative to do something like that (that's what she thought they would think).

This is how easy it was supposed to be. No police looking into her, no polygraphs tests, no one suspicious of her, only people thinking she was a selfless, loving mom that was looking out for Kyron, who would never ever want to hurt him. She banked on people, including the police, believing the very words coming out of her mouth and never going further with it than that - a true trait of a Narcissist.

But instead, it flew right back in her face and brought her nothing but trouble. I'm going to offer the below scenario as speculative proof only:

1. The questions she stumbled on the polygraph tests were about the appointment, something that wasn't supposed to have anything to do with what happened to Kyron (SPECULATION ONLY - we don't know what questions she didn't do well with).
2. The teacher's story about the appointment and Terri's story did not add up. There's also a document in the office about the appointment but not what exact date it was, so the police aren't sure what to believe, but something is very hinky here (SPECULATION ONLY).
3. Suspicious because of the above two points, the police looked into the appointment to verify it and verify Terri's story over the teacher's, and find out it was a fake (SPECULATION ONLY).
4. The police bring this fact to Kaine and Desiree's attention to see their reaction to it, and find out that they knew nothing about Kyron having seizures or the appointment (SPECULATION ONLY).
5. Then it's back to looking into Terri because she's also the last adult to have seen Kyron at the school. Add a fake appointment to that, and you've got BIG suspicion hanging over her head from then on (SPECULATION ONLY).

If you take the appointment away, all you have is that Terri was the last person to see Kyron in school, a real Riley Fox case. More people would think she was innocent because of other cases like Riley Fox's. Kaine and Desiree would even think she might be innocent. Even if the police looked into her, they wouldn't find enough to be really suspicious of her. Terri would have gotten away with it.

But instead, she went too far in bringing in the fake appointment. It had a domino effect, raising suspicion exponentially on her instead of helping to clear her as a supermom who loved her stepson. She thought too much about how to make herself look to everyone else instead of blending into the background more and looking more innocent. That's why I'm saying she's a narcissist. She thinks too much about how she looks to everyone else. She tries too hard to fit in and be the supermom she believes in her head that she is.

That is her top priority, that everyone believe she is a supermom who loved Kyron and couldn't possibly hurt him. How to accomplish that? Make a fake appointment for fake seizures and surely no one will think for a second that she had anything to do with what happened to Kyron. That's what she was banking on, her selfless, loving supermom persona to free her of suspicion. She brought more attention on herself thinking it would exonerate her, and instead, it's only going to help convict her at some point. If only she hadn't worried so much about how she looked to everyone else, she might have eluded suspicion in this case.

It reminds me of the case of the man who drowned his wife in a hotel bathtub. All he had to do was let it go, but he was greedy and couldn't help but sue the hotel for his wife's death. The subsequent investigation revealed the her accidental death was a murder instead. Had he not taken the step to sue the hotel to satisfy his selfish and greedy needs, he probably would have gotten away with it, scarily enough. He and Terri Horman worried too much about themselves. They worried too much about things they thought would bring positive attention on to them, not realizing all they were doing was the exact opposite and making themselves all the more suspicious. They shouldn't have thought about wanting more attention if they wanted to get away with murder. That's the problem with Naricissists. They think they can spin any kind of attention in a way that makes them look better. They think attention on them is exactly what they need when in fact, it's the last thing they need if they want to get away with murder.

This is why there's that adage about the watching the quiet ones - it's the ones that don't bring attention to themselves that get away with crime the most. Terri Horman, fortunately for justice for Kyron, is definitely NOT one of the quiet ones even though she won't open her mouth and defend herself. She already put too much out there to draw attention to herself. She doesn't have to say anything because the damage has already been done thanks to her selfish, narcisstic need to be mother of the century to her stepson.

(moved from the Dateline thread):

aedrys said:
Okay, let's look at this rationally. Number one, the appointment wasn't the entire plan. It was only a piece of a plan to prove Terri's innocence. Think about it this way - she needed to get him out of that school. She also needed the school to not panic and immediately call her or Kaine when it's discovered that Kyron is not there. She needs that time to do what she did to Kyron and then hide what she's done.

But it doesn't prove Terri's innocence; in fact, it's proof by folks to say obviously she did something to him! She needed to get him out of the school without the school panicking, which in fact the school does not do until nearly 4:00. The school doesn't panic at all, except for that one chaperon who started with, 6 kids and ended with 5, and the teacher (who presumably was duped by this fake Dr appointment) assuaged her fears with the statement that he's probably in the bathroom. That makes it odd, to say the least, since according to this working theory, she had the ready excuse that Terri had taken Kyron with K to the doctor.

She can't just take him and risk that luck is going to be on her side and the school won't call her or God forbid Kaine, wondering where he is. So she had to make up the appointment. But it can't be a real appointment because she knows she's getting symptoms from WebMD (which I showed in a previous post in a previous thread on this subject that she practically took their symptoms verbatim and put them in an email to her friend). She never intends to take him to an appointment because he's not going anywhere after she's done on that Friday.
She made up the appointment, why didn't the teacher use it with the chaperon? Why was it only after the school found out Kyron was really missing instead of at this fake Dr appointment would the teacher suddenly remember that Terri had taken off with him??? And if Terri told the teacher she was taking off with him, how does that support any theory at all that she needed to get out of the school with him unseen?

Instead, she uses that fake appointment to trick the school. If they think he's out at an appointment and coming back later, they won't call her or Kaine, and that gives her time to do what she needs to do - in fact, the school never even raised an alarm about it. It was only the teacher that got confused about it and never reported Kyron missing to the front office because Terri confused her about that appointment. She volunteered at that school. She knew the inner workings of it and what she had to do to get Kyron out and not make any alarm of it. The appointment was the piece to help her do that and it worked.
But the chaperon says she had 6, and now she has 5. The explanation wasn't Kyron is at the Dr..it was that he was probably in the bathroom. This also implies that sometime along the walk through, Kyron disappeared from the chaperon's care. That surely doesn't eliminate Terri waiting in a dark corner to snatch him out, but again I'm stuck with the school saying Kyron was in the bathroom as a response to this sudden loss of one child from a group of 6. Confusing the teacher with an appt for the week following still doesn't answer why the teacher excuses his absence with a potty break. It might excuse why later on it's noted that Kyron is absent, but then doesn't explain why the school didn't follow up to make sure Terri hadn't just taken off with him without checking him out.

She even fills out a sheet for it, so if anyone did look, oh, he's just at a doctor's appointment. I believe it was discussed that she didn't have to write down the date of the appointment, just that he had an appointment. Then when she's asked about that, all she had to say is that it was for the following Friday, not Friday June 4th. The poor teacher who doesn't hear well was just mistaken. And if Kaine and Desiree ask her about it, that's where supermom comes in, filling them in on what she saw before he went missing and why she made an appointment.
That's a lot of information about a document that we have neither seen nor had confirmation of it's actual existence. But supposing Terri did give her a form to fill out, what good will it do if there's no date on it? There's no way Terri could hold it up as proof that the teacher was mistaken about the date, since no date was on it. There's nothing in that form which could support Terri having made an appointment at all. There's nothing which could serve supermom's ego at all with a form that doesn't prove jack about what she'd planned for Kyron going to a Dr appointment that didn't really exist, since we all know one phone call will dispel it tout de suite. Her narcissistic ego feed would be better served shoving her mastery of neuroscience and diagnosing seisures by a long winded email to Desiree and pointed conversations with Kaine regarding her superiority as parent. Keeping it til after Kyron disappears, using it with a teacher who seems too addled to remember that's where Kyron is, not in the bathroom, and determining the chaperon must have been confused that she had 6 children at all....an incredible diabolical plan. Makes me shudder.

In this scenario, no one calls the doctor's office. No one gets suspicious because she's this caring mom who was so worried about her stepson that she made an appointment. And she'd tell Kaine and Desiree that she wasn't sure if it was seizures or not, so she didn't want to worry them before knowing for sure what is wrong with Kyron. She was thinking about them, afterall, and not wanting to worry them unless she absolutely had to. How selfless and courageous of her to take the initiative to do something like that (that's what she thought they would think).
In this scenario, the only people who would need to call the Dr's office are Kaine and Desiree, after their son is missing, where presumably calling this Dr will unravel Terri's tale all together. I'm skeptical that Terri would withhold the information from Kaine and Desiree for previously stated reasons, but supposing she did, she's waiting to gratify her hunger for narcissistic feed, which I guess is possible, but given her desire for instant gratification, seems counter-intuitive to her personality. She doesn't in fact list these "heroic" efforts in her whiny email about how they're picking on her and how could the teacher screw up going to see the exhibits with a Dr appointment. In fact, she doesn't say anything at all about how selfless and courageous she was in not worrying Kaine and Desiree with this until she knew more. An opportunity missed for a narcissist is a rare thing, but this appears to be one!

This is how easy it was supposed to be. No police looking into her, no one suspicious of her, only people thinking she was a selfless, loving mom that was looking out for Kyron, who would never ever want to hurt him.

But instead, it flew right back in her face and brought her nothing but trouble. I'm going to offer the below scenario as speculative proof only:

1. The questions she stumbled on the polygraph tests were about the appointment, something that wasn't supposed to have anything to do with what happened to Kyron.
Whoa doggie!!! We know what questions she couldn't answer???

2. The teacher's story about the appointment and Terri's story did not add up. There's also a document in the office about the appointment, so the police aren't sure what to believe, but something is very hinky here./quote]
Well, the teacher's story didn't add up, since she excused Kyron's absence as a pee break.

3. Suspicious because of the above two points, the police looked into the appointment to verify it and verify Terri's story over the teacher's, and find out it was a fake.
If it was a fake appointment, where'd Terri get the form you said she handed the teacher to fill out (with no date on it, though I don't know how that is confirmed information). Why would LE automatically side with the teacher, who was overheard stating Kyron was probably in the bathroom, over Terri who said she last saw him as he was headed to his classroom, which seems confirmed by the chaperon who said she had 6 kids, then 5, along with a couple kids who state they saw him after Terri left?

4. The police bring this fact to Kaine and Desiree's attention to see their reaction to it, and find out that they knew nothing about Kyron having seizures or the appointment.

5. Then it's back to looking into Terri because she's also the last adult to have seen Kyron at the school. Add a fake appointment to that, and you've got BIG suspicion hanging over her head from then on.
If it's a fake appointment set up to make it easier to get Kyron out of the school and be gone long enough not to alert the school into following normal procedure when a child is, then isn't at school, where did Terri get the paperwork, and how come the teacher didn't say "he's at the Dr with his mom" instead of "He's probably in the bathroom" and then marking him absent after he doesn't eventually return from the bathroom? And why no call just to verify?

If you take the appointment away, all you have is that Terri was the last person to see Kyron in school, a real Riley Fox case. More people would think she was innocent because of other cases like Riley Fox's. Kaine and Desiree would even think she might be innocent. Even if the police looked into her, they wouldn't find enough to be really suspicious of her. Terri would have gotten away with it.
We know that Terri wasn't the last to see him. We know a chaperon saw him, then didn't see him. We know two kids maybe 3 saw him. Desiree didn't think she was innocent. Her first thought, she says is "She better not have done something to my son." Kaine's statement in the Dateline clip says something along the lines of grilling Terri about what she'd done at the school, where she'd gone afterward. They were suspicious from the get-go, according to each of them. Terri can't have been able to plan that the teacher wouldn't use her pat response, which in fact, she didn't. Terri, if she fed the teacher a line, put herself at great risk because the teacher wasn't using her Dr appointment to justify Kyron's absence in the morning. That is an uncanny coincidence!!

But instead, she went too far in bringing in the fake appointment. It had a domino effect, raising suspicion exponentially on her instead of helping to clear her as a supermom who loved her stepson. She thought too much about how to make herself look to everyone else instead of blending into the background more and looking more innocent. That's why I'm saying she's a narcissist. She thinks too much about how she looks to everyone else. She tries too hard to fit in and be the supermom she believes in her head that she is.
The suspicion came long before Kaine and Desiree knew about this fake appointment, since both state they were suspicious of her before that information was asked of them. But I'm confused at how a narcissist blends......they have to be the center of attention, and granted, Terri certainly is, but we're told she withdrew, wasn't any part of it, worried about her hair more than being seen as the caring concerned parent. Tony relays how she was "off" and how what she said wasn't adding up. That doesn't sound like a background blender to me!

That is her top priority, that everyone believe she is a supermom who loved Kyron and couldn't possibly hurt him. How to accomplish that? Make a fake appointment for fake seizures and surely no one will think for a second that she had anything to do with what happened to Kyron. That's what she was banking on, her selfless, loving supermom persona to free her of suspicion. She brought more attention on herself thinking it would exonerate her, and instead, it's only going to help convict her at some point. If only she hadn't worried so much about how she looked to everyone else, she might have eluded suspicion in this case.
It's curious that even after this fake appointment became known, Terri was still doing things on FB to arrange for fliers to be distributed all over, even as far as Roseburg. She was telling people where they could go to get fliers made for free. Yeah, along with that, she hit the gym, but Kaine was with her, hitting it just as hard it would seem. She didn't really get positive attention at all from nearly the jump to satisfy the narcissistic need she has to be supermom. I can't imagine talking about her highlights was what she thought would keep her from being the focus, since Desiree and Kaine were on her like stink on a monkey from day 1, according to what they said on Dateline.

It reminds me of the case of the man who drowned his wife in a hotel bathtub. All he had to do was let it go, but he was greedy and couldn't help but sue the hotel for his wife's death. The subsequent investigation revealed the her accidental death was a murder instead. Had he not taken the step to sue the hotel to satisfy his selfish and greedy needs, he probably would have gotten away with it, scarily enough. He and Terri Horman worried too much about themselves. They worried too much about things they thought would bring positive attention on to them, not realizing all they were doing was the exact opposite and making themselves all the more suspicious. They shouldn't have thought about wanting more attention if they wanted to get away with murder. That's the problem with Naricissists. They think they can spin any kind of attention in a way that makes them look better. They think attention on them is exactly what they need when in fact, it's the last thing they need if they want to get away with murder.
I can't imagine how Terri, focusing on her appearance would confirm this notion that she wanted to bring positive attention to herself. I can't also imagine how submitting to three lie detector tests would feed this desire to have positive attention, especially if she stomped out of one of them (only to come back and take the third one anyway). She surely can't have created a positive image with that, and in fact Tony states that it was a HUGE sign to him about Terri.

This is why there's that adage about the watching the quiet ones - it's the ones that don't bring attention to themselves that get away with crime the most. Terri Horman, fortunately for justice for Kyron, is definitely NOT one of the quiet ones even though she won't open her mouth and defend herself. She already put too much out there to draw attention to herself. She doesn't have to say anything because the damage has already been done thanks to her selfish, narcisstic need to be mother of the century to her stepson.
Terri IS one of the quiet ones.....most everything we know about Terri is anecdotal. We have very little at all from the prime suspect who needs her narcissism fed so much that she has gone so far as to not say another word after her husband slammed her with divorce papers and an RO. What she put out there to draw attention to herself, then, really isn't hers at all, but the perception of her that people around her are creating out of what it is we know about her, which is very little indeed......outside of the whole bad seduction manipulation of poor MC and the LS with whom she plotted to kill her unsuspecting husband who believed they were working on their marriage and everything was normal, good, nothing out of the ordinary.
ALL very diabolical on Terri's part. My goodness. I'm definitely seeing something here I wish I hadn't.

Yes, it is very diabolical on Terri's part. We've seen what's she's capable of through texting, and how much she doesn't care about anything but herself. Why then couldn't she diabolical as well? It totally fits with her personality traits. People are who Narcissists don't think logically and rationally like the rest of us do. That's what separates them from the rest of us and also makes us scratch our heads because of their words and actions.

I did update my last post to include some important things I left out of it on the last thread, so it should be read through again if anyone has read it on the last thread. I believe this is a solid theory, and in time, we're going to get the details that will prove it to be correct. Right now, it's mostly speculation and my opinion since we don't know all that much.

In the Dateline piece on Kyron on Friday November 12, 2010, there was some new info on the doctor's appointment and seizures.

There's no video or transcript available yet, but from my memory and personal notes, the reporter did a voiceover in which she said that nobody in the family knew about the seizures or doctor's appointment.

Here's a prior thread about the seizures and appointment:
Kyron's "seizures" & discussion about TH's emails re: doctor's appts. - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

And another prior thread about the doctor's appointment:
Kyron's doctors appointment - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

And some reference info:

Finster said Horman had told Kyron's teacher the day before that she was taking the boy to the doctor on Friday, June 11, and gave the teacher paperwork to fill out related to the appointment.

Finster said that when Kyron didn't show up at the bus the afternoon of June 4, Horman talked to the teacher who said she thought that Horman had taken Kyron to the doctor that day. Horman told Finster that the child's teacher was new, in her first year of teaching, and was hard of hearing in one ear. "She doesn't know if she understood her," Finster said.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/friend_says_terry_moulton_horm.html

Emails sent on June 5

Typed up Terri's email excerpts up from what is shown on the screen in this video:
http://www.katu.com/news/local/100323934.html?tab=video

Screenshot 1:
The teacher thought I said I was going to take Kyron with K**** for a doctor’s appt. I said I was going to look at other exhibits – how do you mess that up? His coat and backpack were still at school. I left the school at 9 and he was seen with a man “chaperone” and 2 girls after I left. There were no men on the chaperone list. That and it was highly chaotic – had to have been 300 people running around – no coordination…”

Screenshot 4:
The past 2 weeks he’s been acting really weird. Staring off into space. Can’t remember anything. Walks into the room and then back out, stopping to stare and then move on. The doc thinks he is having mini seizures and I made an appt. on Thursday for the next Friday to have him checked out.[/QUOTE]

About the email the next day r.e. Kyron acting weird and not remembering: this is very suspicious to me since she is turning this new behavior as an excuse as to why Kyron may be mission, IMO. She also mentions that "the doc thinks he is having mini seizures" so this is stating that the doctor knew about the weird behavior either though a phone call or an actual visit to the doctor. I'm sure this has been verified by this point by Kyron's doctor. If it lasted for a few weeks prior than her not telling Desiree or Kaine is very suspicious as well.

Screenshot 4:
The past 2 weeks he’s been acting really weird. Staring off into space. Can’t remember anything. Walks into the room and then back out, stopping to stare and then move on. The doc thinks he is having mini seizures and I made an appt. on Thursday for the next Friday to have him checked out.

About the email the next day r.e. Kyron acting weird and not remembering: this is very suspicious to me since she is turning this new behavior as an excuse as to why Kyron may be mission, IMO. She also mentions that "the doc thinks he is having mini seizures" so this is stating that the doctor knew about the weird behavior either though a phone call or an actual visit to the doctor. I'm sure this has been verified by this point by Kyron's doctor. If it lasted for a few weeks prior than her not telling Desiree or Kaine is very suspicious as well.

Just wanted to point out that just because SHE said the doctor said it, doesn't mean that the doctor actually said it. We don't know what yet the doctor actually said, so until then, I'm taking Terri saying the doctor said with a grain of salt.

Just wanted to point out that just because SHE said the doctor said it, doesn't mean that the doctor actually said it. We don't know what yet the doctor actually said, so until then, I'm taking Terri saying the doctor said with a grain of salt.

I don't think she spoke with a doctor at all about this unless it was part of her scheme to set up this doctor's appointment thing. I just think it's self serving to put the onus on Kyron himself for his own dilemma. SHe doesn't write thing like OMG where's Kyron? I can't believe this happened,etc.....She mentions about how disorganized things were and how the teacher misunderstood her, a male chaperone, he's acting weird, he can't remember....every excuse except some REAL CONCERN over her stepson, who she was helping to supervise while she was in that school. She implied to her husband that she was going to be there until 10 am to pick up that project and she left at 9, coincidentally when this whole thing begins to mysteriously unfold. The whole thing is so fishy to me. JMO

I'm still dying to know if there really was a doctor's appt scheduled for the 11th! Wish LE or the family would confirm or deny this...

I'm still dying to know if there really was a doctor's appt scheduled for the 11th! Wish LE or the family would confirm or deny this...

Me too!!!! That is the one thing I wish we knew for certain! It would definitely answer a lot of questions.

BeanE there is also a news article, where Terri's mom talks about the Dr. appt. that, I believe is a little different than Terri's email explanation and JF's explanation. I know you could pull it up in a nano second. It would be good to have that one on here also, thanks.

Also, did she really give the teacher papers to fill out? If she made the appt. Thursday, for next Friday, how did she already have the papers to give the teacher on Thursday. I mean, I guess it's possible she went and picked them up (don't know how far her peds office is) but my peds just put them in the mail to me, I get them the next day or two and bring them in when I come in... I would love to know if those papers existed and if so, what they asked...

I think it might have been a last minute addition because it doesn't really make sense to me that she'd schedule a doctor's appointment some time beforehand (either as an alibi or the real thing, doesn't matter) and not mention it to Kaine or Desiree. If she was really worried about Kyron having seizures it would have been natural for her to have talked it over with his parents and if she wanted an alibi she should have realized that an unspoken concern would look more made up than a concern shared with the family.

Okay, let me get this straight. Terri's email (from matou's screenshot 4) states:

Screenshot 4:

After reading that, it implies to me that Terri had actually spoken to the "doctor" who thinks Kyron was having mini-seizures. I will say after working in the healthcare field in many, many positions, for many, many years, the chances that Terri actually spoke with Kyron's doctor is complete and utter crap. First off, I don't know many doctors who are actually going to speak with a parent and make a diagnosis such as that over the phone. Secondly, a doctor's office is incredibly busy, particularly a pediatrician's office, and I don't believe a doctor is going to take the time to personally speak to every person calling his office trying to schedule an appointment. If it's the doctor's personnel making a diagnosis such as "mini seizures," then he might better look around and try to hire some new employees because they certainly aren't qualified to diagnose a child with a "mini seizure" over the phone. Add that to the fact that she never bothers to inform either of Kyron's parents that he was having these "mini-seizures," that she had spoken to the doctor about it, and that she had scheduled an appointment for him can lead to the only reasonable solution and that is that she lied. She wrote that email as part of her alibi and then tried to blame it on the teacher who was hearing impaired, according to Terri. Me thinks Terri Horman isn't as smart as she thinks she is. JMO.

Also, did she really give the teacher papers to fill out? If she made the appt. Thursday, for next Friday, how did she already have the papers to give the teacher on Thursday. I mean, I guess it's possible she went and picked them up (don't know how far her peds office is) but my peds just put them in the mail to me, I get them the next day or two and bring them in when I come in... I would love to know if those papers existed and if so, what they asked...

You can download and print some forms online.

When was he leaving to go to his mother and stepfathers house .Would he have been at his mother and stepfathers house on the friday he was suppose to have the alleged Dr's appointment .

When was he leaving to go to his mother and stepfathers house .Would he have been at his mother and stepfathers house on the friday he was suppose to have the alleged Dr's appointment .

I don't think we know but I doubt it. He was supposed to go there the weekend he disappeared so if they were on an every other week schedule he wouldn't have gone the next weekend and even if he was supposed to see his mother on the 11th the doctor's appointment would probably have been in the daytime, before Desiree could pick him up.

BeanE there is also a news article, where Terri's mom talks about the Dr. appt. that, I believe is a little different than Terri's email explanation and JF's explanation. I know you could pull it up in a nano second. It would be good to have that one on here also, thanks.

Could Terri make Dr's appointments for Kyron?

Was Kyron supposed to be out of school the following Friday for a doctor's appointment?

"There was some discussion about the appointment but it was unknown exactly when the appointment was scheduled so we cannot comment for certain."

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/07/horman_family_answers_question.html

How do you read this bit from the parents?

If it's unknown exactly when the appointment was scheduled, does it mean, yes, there was an appointment scheduled?

What's the significance of when it was scheduled? Could Terri have called the doctor after she had already told the teacher about having an appointment, or even scheduled it after Kyron had already gone?

You can download and print some forms online.

Hi, Donjeta!

That could be but in my experience with my four kids the specialists are the ones with these forms online. I've never done this with a general practitioner or pediatrician. These types of forms are more common for specialists to use and they generally have less time, in my experience, so they have them on their websites to make things quicker. My general practitioner and pediatricians don't even have a website!

Definitely a possibility though...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
L1752
Back