Truck/project on Thursday afternoon Revisit w/new 2010.11.12 Dateline info

BeanE

Inactive
Reaction score
Website
casesignal.wordpress.com
In the Dateline piece on Kyron on Friday November 12, 2010, there was some new info on the project going to the school Friday morning versus Thursday afternoon.

There's no video or transcript available yet, but from some members recall from the show the child (CL) saying that he saw Terri/Kyron bringing Kyron's project into the school on Friday morning.

Here's some reference info:

Reporter: And the truck is yours and the Mustang is hers. And so she was driving your truck. Why was she driving your truck that day?

Kaine: Um... it was supposedly to pick up his science project. That's what she told me, and that's part of her story that makes no sense.

Reporter: Why would she need the truck to pick up his science... I mean, it's not like this enormous thing, right?

Kaine: Eh... she took it to drop it off too. If, if... Her trunk is relatively small. And it was just (unintelligible because Desiree interrupts and talks over him)... damage...

Desiree: (interrupts) Yeah. It wouldn't have fit in the car.

Kaine: It might have fit but there was concern about damage with the diorama and that. With the truck you can put it in the back of the cab, and prop it up nice, and you can put the diorama on the seat and there's no risk of damage.

So she took it in the truck too.

Reporter: So why wouldn't that story make any sense then?

Kaine: um... because she went to take him to drop him off for the science fair and the display... it had to be on display for, until 10 o'clock.

So why would she go drop him off and then leave him there and leave with the truck and not pick up the science project? That makes no sense to me at all... now. Didn't think anything of it at the time.

She, her story was that they had walked through and done the project on Thursday, which I believe they had done.

Desiree: (interrupts) Yeah. Correct.

Kaine: They had done their reports on Thursday but it still had to be on display for the science fair.

Desiree: Correct.

Kaine: So she dropped him off, and took, took the truck to drop him off and pick it up, but because it had to stay there, she left without the project, and you know, thinking about it now, it's like, well, why would you need the truck to pick it up if it had to stay there? You pick it up after school.

Reporter: Right. And the project was already up before she took him off to school that morning. I gotcha.

Kaine: Yes. Yes. So, take the truck after school to go pick him up and the project, but why would you go pick up the project at 8:45 before the science fair even starts. Makes no sense.

Desiree: She had...

Reporter: (interrupts) Obviously, it sounds like there's a more sinister motive for her to have this truck.

Desiree: Well, and she had emailed me during that day to let me know she was gonna find out when she could pick up the project so that I could see it.

So she obviously didn't know when she was supposed to pick it up.

Kaine: Yeah. Well, she was pretty concrete that she was picking it up that morning when she was dropping him off. So that's...

Again, you start to get into her story versus what law enforcement has as fact and her story is all over the place.

And law enforcement has different information that's more factual.

But that's what we have from Terri.

25 minute audio interview with the Oregonian
4:10
http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/07/terri_hormans_emails_to_kyron.html

Thanks BeanE. I was always confused by Kaine's confusion on the truck thing. I still am, lol. I've listened to this audio interview a few times and from this he is saying that he doesn't know why she needed the truck on the Friday if she didn't come home with the project.

If Terri brought the project on the Friday and not the Thursday, then Kaine would have seen it in the house otherwise where was it? I thought the project was brought in on the Friday, I'm even more confused on this issue now, lol. The interviewer even remarks that the project was already at the school when Terri took Kyron to school that morning (the 4th). If some kids are saying that the project was brought in that morning than that is really strange. :waitasec:

Thank you so much BeanE. I'm mobile right now, but would like to add some thoughts later. I just wanted to thank you for taking the time to transcribe this for us. It really caught my attention on Friday.

Thanks BeanE. I was always confused by Kaine's confusion on the truck thing. I still am, lol. I've listened to this audio interview a few times and from this he is saying that he doesn't know why she needed the truck on the Friday if she didn't come home with the project.

If Terri brought the project on the Friday and not the Thursday, then Kaine would have seen it in the house otherwise where was it? I thought the project was brought in on the Friday, I'm even more confused on this issue now, lol. The interviewer even remarks that the project was already at the school when Terri took Kyron to school that morning (the 4th). If some kids are saying that the project was brought in that morning than that is really strange. :waitasec:

Hi matou. I understand your confusion and Kaine does infact clear this up (unfortunately at this moment am roadtripping from am out of town trip and am currently posting via mobile on my iPhone.when I get home I will search and then post exactly where Kaine does clear this up).

For now until I can post the link I will say that Kaine does say that Terri infact did borrow the truck the afternoon before(Thursday June 3rd)to deliver and set up Kyrons science fair project and diorama.

Therefor that is why arrangements were made for Terri to again take the truck on Friday with the "intentions"(atleast is what she told KH her intentions were) to bring back home the project when the science fair concluded that morning of the 4th. Which just as u stated above we know that she did not do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK I'm confused I thought Kyron took the bus to school on Friday. Which has always confused me because if Terri was driving there I couldn't understand why he would take the bus.

I guess I got that feeling from Kaine talking about Kyron feeding the Kitty(real cat) and I could swear he was off to the school bus....

Hi matou. I understand your confusion and Kaine does infact clear this up (unfortunately at this moment am roadtripping from am out of town trip and am currently posting via mobile on my iPhone.when I get home I will search and then post exactly where Kaine does clear this up).

For now until I can post the link I will say that Kaine does say that Terri infact did borrow the truck the afternoon before(Thursday June 3rd)to deliver and set up Kyrons science fair project and diorama.

Therefor that is why arrangements were made for Terri to again take the truck on Friday with the "intentions"(atleast is what she told KH her intentions were) to bring back home the project when the science fair concluded that morning of the 4th. Which just as u stated above we know that she did not do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's my memory, too. It was a video clip and I recall it because that was something that was speculated about here and I had been waiting to hear it confirmed. Just like I'm STILL waiting to hear whether baby was at the school that morning.

The other thing I question is if she took the truck that day specifically for the purpose of picking up the science project, why didn't she pick up the science project. She was home on her computer after her travels around?

She meant she was picking up Kyron(same thing as a package, science project or any inanimate object) and dropping him off forever, with her helping friend, in the murky waters of Sauvie island or other suitable place. Don't worry she will crack!

OK I'm confused I thought Kyron took the bus to school on Friday. Which has always confused me because if Terri was driving there I couldn't understand why he would take the bus.

I guess I got that feeling from Kaine talking about Kyron feeding the Kitty(real cat) and I could swear he was off to the school bus....

We knew from very early that Kyron usually took the bus, but that Terri drove Kyron to school that morning, because in a very early press conference, LE told us that. I believe it was the June 6th presser.

The other thing I question is if she took the truck that day specifically for the purpose of picking up the science project, why didn't she pick up the science project. She was home on her computer after her travels around?

According to Desiree, Terri obviously (her word) didn't know when she was supposed to pick up the project. Transcription upthread.

I believe her because, personally, I 'rate' Desiree's statements more highly for credibility than Kaine's, because Desiree's statements have had far fewer inconsistencies.

That's my memory, too. It was a video clip and I recall it because that was something that was speculated about here and I had been waiting to hear it confirmed. Just like I'm STILL waiting to hear whether baby was at the school that morning.

I too think there is one more interview - a video - where Kaine talks about the truck on Thursday. I've been trying to find it, but it's a pain to go through listening to a bunch of videos lol.

I too think there is one more interview - a video - where Kaine talks about the truck on Thursday. I've been trying to find it, but it's a pain to go through listening to a bunch of videos lol.

well, if you and I both remember it, it must have happened. No need to look through all those videos. It's established fact! lol :)

Anyone remember where that press release is where Kaine is talking about the morning Kyron went missing? How he fed the cat and was excited about his project? The full clip I can't find I'll look again. That is the one that led me to believe he rode the bus in the morning and I've always wondered about that.

well, if you and I both remember it, it must have happened. No need to look through all those videos. It's established fact! lol :)

It might have been the first interview that Kaine and Desiree did together. 3 weeks in.

Anyone remember where that press release is where Kaine is talking about the morning Kyron went missing? How he fed the cat and was excited about his project? The full clip I can't find I'll look again. That is the one that led me to believe he rode the bus in the morning and I've always wondered about that.

maybe this one:

The related article quotes Kaine about Kyron feeding that. Part of that interview was also in the dateline piece, I think, but not the specific part about the cat.

http://www.kval.com/news/local/97225889.html?tab=video

It might have been the first interview that Kaine and Desiree did together. 3 weeks in.

Was that the whole series of interviews with various outlets on the same day? If not, I don't think that's it. I remember waiting for this specific information for quite a while. But it may be that I didn't watch all of those videos until some time after they all came out.

maybe this one:

The related article quotes Kaine about Kyron feeding that. Part of that interview was also in the dateline piece, I think, but not the specific part about the cat.

http://www.kval.com/news/local/97225889.html?tab=video

sorry gmj...i just listened to the video and it's not in there. But it is in the article...go figure. :crazy:

here's the snip from the article

Kaine Horman said the last time he saw his son was before his wife took Kyron to school that morning. The boy was in the yard feeding the cat.

Harmon said he gave the boy a hug and told him to "have a great day with his science project," on the red-eyed tree frog, and that "I was proud of him for all the effort" he put into it.

http://www.kval.com/news/local/97225889.html?

June 25, KGW, Raw interview - the full interview

There's a written Q&A that talks about it

25 minute audio with the Oregonian

All in the Parent/Stepparent interviews thread in the reference forum.

ETA:

When is the last time Kaine saw Kyron?
I last saw him at about 7:45 am. He was coming back to the house after feeding our cat (Bootsie) and I was heading out to the car to head into the office. I walked over to him, told him I was extremely proud of him for the effort he put into his red-eyed tree frog project, and for him to have a great and fun day at the science fair. We talked about maybe going for a special treat and playing the Wii after school, and then I said “I love you”. He said “I love you too, Dad”, at which point we hugged, and then he went into the house as I got into the car and left. While I have not seen him since, that moment in time is still etched in my mind as if it just happened and is a constant reminder of the joy of having him as a son.

http://ac360.blogs.cnn.com/2010/07/06/kyron-horman-family-q-a/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chingona361
Back