GUILTY OH - Two women & child killed, 13yo abducted, Apple Valley, 10 Nov 2010 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanted to bring this over:

Article from 2000 in Colorado. Might be him?

http://www.steamboatpilot.com/news/2000/nov/30/sentencing_for_arsonist/

Steamboat Springs — A 19-year-old Ohio man, convicted of setting a townhouse on fire, will face sentencing in January rather than today as he was originally scheduled.

Matthew John Hoffman was supposed to appear today in Routt County District Judge Joel S. Thompson's courtroom. He was to be sentenced for guilty pleas to four felonies and a misdemeanor.

more at link

May be. The sheriff said he has a previous conviction of arson. Hope there's no link to the body found in a burned vacant house on Friday night...

Here's debloree's link on the Colorado arson charges from late last thread:

http://www.steamboatpilot.com/news/2000/nov/30/sentencing_for_arsonist/

Hoffman pleaded guilty to first-degree arson, second-degree burglary and first-degree aggravated motor vehicle theft on Nov. 3. The charges are all class three felonies and each carries a prison term of between two and 24 years, a fine and five years of parole.

Hoffman also entered guilty pleas to theft, a class four felony, and reckless endangering safety, a class three misdemeanor.
---
Hoffman set fire to a townhouse in the eight-unit building after he committed a burglary the day before. During the burglary, he stole a Chevrolet Suburban belonging to the unit's owner. He put stolen goods in the vehicle and drove it to a parking lot at the Clocktower. The vehicle was recovered by police the day of the fire.

The sheriff said that Matthew J. Hoffman listed two residences. One was at 49 Columbus Road where Sarah was found. The second was at 3730 Apple Valley Drive.

The second address is a home owned by Hoffman's parents and is within walking distance to the home from which the four people were reported missing last Wednesday.

http://www2.nbc4i.com/news/2010/nov...nside-mount-vernon-home-1-taken-cu-ar-290645/

The Knox County Sheriff confirmed Sunday afternoon that the missing 13-year-old girl from Howard, Ohio, was found bound and gagged in a home in Clinton Township.

Sheriff David Barger said she has been removed safely and is reported in good condition, although being checked out by medical experts. Three others reported missing in the same incident have not been located.

The sheriff said that the owner and occupant of the home where Sarah Maynard was found has been arrested and they hope he will lead him to the three persons still missing.

The sheriff said that Matthew J. Hoffman has been charged with Sarah Maynard's kidnapping.

http://www2.nbc4i.com/news/2010/nov...nside-mount-vernon-home-1-taken-cu-ar-290645/

Bringing over the "time frame" from post #408 - Dreamweaver
(Couldn't quote, I got cut off:)

Wed:
Ex bf, Greg Borders states he last saw the family
at 4am.
They talked briefly around 5am.
He also says he received at text message from
Tina around 11am.
Kids are in school.
Tina plans to look for a new rental.
Stephanie comes over to help her pick out the new place.
(unknown time she arrives)

Kids arrive home from school around 4:30pm.
Tina is a no show for her job at Dairy Queen that evening.
Tina's boss at DQ calls police to do a welfare check about Tina.
Police come to home. Pickup parked outside house. Lights on.
No one answers.
Later that evening, police drop by again. Pickup there. Lights on
No one answers.

Thurs:
Kids are not in school.
Tina is a no show at work
Her boss goes to Tina's house.
She looks in the windows and sees a mess, beer cans.
She goes into the house and
sees two blood stains.
She calls police.
Police are in the house by 5pm.
No pickup parked at the house.
... Ex bf: GB says at noon, his mother called, asking if he
knew where Tina was..

Thurs. night:
Pickup found near Gambier.
Lockdown at a college campus around 11pm.
The pickup is empty.
Stephanie's car is parked inside Tina's garage.

MORE TO BE ADDED

I also brought a lot of info that I thought important, pardon if this has been posted already:

The sheriff said that Matthew J. Hoffman listed two residences. One was at 49 Columbus Road where Sarah was found. The second was at 3730 Apple Valley Drive.

The second address is a home owned by Hoffman's parents and is within walking distance to the home from which the four people were reported missing last Wednesday.

May be. The sheriff said he has a previous conviction of arson. Hope there's no link to the body found in a burned vacant house on Friday night…
'

May be. The sheriff said he has a previous conviction of arson. Hope there's no link to the body found in a burned vacant house on Friday night...

And, the picture:

LOprv.png

And presser coverage from 2PM, today (Nov. 14th, 2010)

http://s1087.photobucket.com/albums/j463/sleuther_jello/?action=view&current=M4V03583.mp4

Does anyone know where the college would be on that map? Where the pickup was found?

Does anyone know where the college would be on that map? Where the pickup was found?

I will try and pull it from the other thread. It was a Dreamweaver post in the last thread, in pages 18-21, IIRC.

Quick pic, where you see Gamier is where the college/truck was located. Sort of near the bottom, left corner.

A and B are the houses in Apple Valley.

jxWSZ.png

Trying to think what it could be, if not an abduction...and why charge with kidnapping if not an abduction, aren't they the same thing?

Though I agree that they probably reported it wrong... it would fit with a Shaniya type case.

If he didn't actually come in and abduct her... if she was brought to his house, it wouldn't technically be an abduction.

Yet, he kept her bound and gagged, held against her will which is kidnapping. You don't have to remove someone to kidnap them...just hold them there.

Shaniya Davis type case would mean the other three might have left on their own and could be alive.

Shasta Groene type case would almost certainly mean the other three are dead.

Talk about trying to hope for the lesser of the two evils... if that is even possible in that scenario.

I'm not sure what would be worse... being abducted and having your family murdered... or being sold by your family but having them alive. I guess the latter would mean you still had your brother?

It looks like it is likely close to one of the above though.

http://www.abc6onyourside.com/
scrolling banner at abc6 is that Sarah has been held at this house since wednesday.

time for some timeline closer looks...

especially in regards to police checks (early evening and 11pm) AND Sarah's last seen time on her poster of MIDNIGHT.

there are a lot of facts in here that are still VERY STRANGE

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sou...pple+Valley+Dr,+Howard,+OH+43028&ie=UTF8&z=17

A is Hermann's home and B is Hoffman's parents home. Very very close.

That reminds of the Starling/Lecter conversation in "Silence of the Lambs":

Dr. Lecter: First principles, Clarice. Read Marcus Aurelius. "Of each particular thing, ask: What is it in itself? What is its nature?" What does he do, this man you seek?

Clarice: He kills women.

Dr. Lecter: No, that is incidental. What is the first and principal thing he does, what needs does he serve by killing?

Clarice: Anger, social resentment, sexual frustration …

Dr. Lecter: No, he covets. That's his nature. And how do we begin to covet, Clarice? Do we seek out things to covet? Make an effort to answer, now.

Clarice: No. We just …

Dr. Lecter: No. We begin by coveting what we see every day. Don't you feel eyes moving over your body, Clarice? And don't your eyes seek out the things you want?

How the heck did Tina's truck get 8 miles away?.....and who drove it there?....and how did they get back to where they were headed?

Is there not someone else LE will be seeking?

I heard something in the presser that I think is going to be relevant. A reporters asked what led LE to Hoffman's house. The sheriff declined to answer saying it was part of the ongoing investigation. A second reporter asked about cell phone pings, and the sheriff declined to answer saying that was part of the ongoing investigation.

That got me to thinking. Now that we know that Hoffman's parents own a home on Apple Valley Drive near Tina's........I bet Hoffman had Sarah in his sights for some time. He probably knew the approximate time she got on the school bus in the morning, and when she arrived home. I bet Sarah had her cell phone in her pocket when she arrived home from school on Wednesday, and it was on and cell phone pings from her phone established where she was located.

Cell phone pings are the most likely thing to pinpoint exact location.

This is just my speculation...........did Sarah successfully send a text to someone, who then alerted LE? If so, she might have been caught by Hoffman and that resulted in her being bound and gagged.

In the presser, the sheriff said words to the effect that they KNEW Sarah was in that house, and hoped they'd find the others there too. A text message is the one thing that would confirm her location.

The Knox County Sheriff confirmed Sunday afternoon that the missing 13-year-old girl from Howard, Ohio, was found bound and gagged in a home in Clinton Township.

Sheriff David Barger said she has been removed safely and is reported in good condition, although being checked out by medical experts. Three others reported missing in the same incident have not been located.

The sheriff said that the owner and occupant of the home where Sarah Maynard was found has been arrested and they hope he will lead him to the three persons still missing.

The sheriff said that Matthew J. Hoffman has been charged with Sarah Maynard's kidnapping.

Sheriff Barber said Hoffman listed two residences. One was at 49 Columbus Road where Sarah was found. The second was at 3730 Apple Valley Drive.

Today's events began when The Mount Vernon News reported law enforcement officers forced entry into the home on Columbus Street around 7:45 a.m.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123