947 users online (163 members and 784 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

FL-Inmate: Movies In Jail Are 'Torture'

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/25794885/detail.html

MELBOURNE, Fla. -- Inmates in a state prison or county jail often write letters to the media insisting on their innocence, claiming they have been wronged by authorities and lawyers or abused while incarcerated.

But James Poulin, jailed almost four years while awaiting trial for DUI manslaughter, complains of "torture" at the Brevard County Detention Center, saying inmates are forced to watch the same movies over and over and it is taking a toll.

Poulin, 45, blames Brevard County Sheriff Jack Parker.

"Parker gathered up a bunch of old (movies) he had laying around and played them over and over for the next year," Poulin wrote to Local 6 News partner Florida Today. "I have seen 'Black Hawk Down,' 'Pearl Harbor,' 'Saving Private Ryan' and 'Battle Front' hundreds of times each, sometimes two or three times a day. ... Like the old Chinese water torture, the inescapable sounds of these movies over and over works on nerves and psyche."
    Play it again!
    I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it left.

Can you see my tears.....? .

I hope they are getting a bolonga sandwich every time they watch movies too. HE HE..

OMG, what torture. Maybe, you think, I should start writing Congress now?

Goz

Good deal. I am happy to know this and I hope it happens in every prison in the whole US of A. Should give the prisoners plenty of time to dwell on the positive things they could have done with their lives instead of being entertained and not having to think at all!
    "This Time We Get it Right!"

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary.
    For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." Stuart Chase

Maybe they are watching Ishtar over and over again. That should set them straight.

Goz

Quote Originally Posted by Gozgals View Post
    Maybe they are watching Ishtar over and over again. That should set them straight.

Goz
    I'm starting to think his movie selection is too "high quality" too. Maybe some more B-listers. He'll wish he never complained about Black Hawk Down!
    I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it left.

Will he say his fellow inmates are torturing him after they beat the pulp out of him for getting their TV privileges suspended.

Four years waiting for trial? I wonder what the rest of the story is.

I've got a copy of the Mothman Prophecies they can borrow....oh, and, "It Came From The Fog," or some such title...or maybe it was "The Bog"...

he he...that's pretty cool. Drive em mad -- they deserve it After all, we know everyone in prison is innocent - NOT.

Mel

imo he should feel lucky to even be seeing a movie. He's lucky they aren't making him watch Beautician and the Beast or Honey over and over.
    R.I.P Jenni-Lyn Watson

"The test of the morality of a society is what it does for its children." ~Dietrich Bonhoeffer
    "From the deepest desires often come the deadliest hate." ~Socrates

I think they would appreciate movies like the Sound of Music and Mary Poppins........being the tough guys that they are.

LOL......in fact, how about straight musicals.
    [/I]

Quote Originally Posted by Tuffy View Post
    Oh, yeah, watching the same movie over and over ranks right up there with rape and murder......

stupid idiot, I wonder if he knew how this would come across to the public.

My brother is in prison im not going to say which state but it is a federal prison and he said its like being in an upscale hotel!...its no wonder we have convicts who keep reoffending....I dont have half the amenities my brother is getting!!

Am I the only surprised that all the titles listed are action/war flicks?

I thought the goal to was avoid "overstimulating" the prisoners.

Considering the fact that he's being held for DWI manslaughter, I think Mr. Poulin should be forced to watch a steady stream of those scary old defensive driving videos - the ghoulish ones like "Red Asphalt" and "Signal 40" - like they used to show to high schoolers testing for a license. Also, if MADD has any footage of survivor testimony, let's send that over, too.

I must've missed the provision in the constitution that states entertainment is an inalienable right.

"I look to a day when people will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character."
    -Martin Luther King, Jr.

He can have my daughters collection of "Barney the dinosaur" videos. I have been tortured for years (she's 19 now LOL) being forced to watch them over and over and I am so done with them.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast