Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BeanE View Post
    My understanding is that it's okay if the family believes the victim is alive, and says the victim is alive, but that it's LE, the DA, etc, who can't say or give indications the victim is alive, because the #1 element of a homicide case is that the victim is dead. To indicate otherwise opens the door for the defense to say, "But your honor (or my dear jurors), even LE/the DA doesn't believe this person is deceased!".
    Well, techically, LE can declare a case a homicide when they have pretty strong evidence that the person is deceased and did not die of natural causes. It doesn't really matter what the families believe at that point, and believe me, sometimes it's a shock to the parents when they tell them what they know. If they plan to present it to a GJ, and hope for an indictment, it's customary to tell the family what evidence they have. But it is not necessary to have the family's approval to bring charges against someone.
    I would not think these emails would be sufficient to prove Kyron is dead, though. They would have to show some physical evidence indicating that, which they very well could have.
    I think things are heating up, and it won't be long until Terri is charged, and possibly somene else as accomplice.

Quote Originally Posted by TxLady2 View Post
    Well, techically, LE can declare a case a homicide when they have pretty strong evidence that the person is deceased and did not die of natural causes. It doesn't really matter what the families believe at that point, and believe me, sometimes it's a shock to the parents when they tell them what they know. If they plan to present it to a GJ, and hope for an indictment, it's customary to tell the family what evidence they have. But it is not necessary to have the family's approval to bring charges against someone.
    I would not think these emails would be sufficient to prove Kyron is dead, though. They would have to show some physical evidence indicating that, which they very well could have.
    I think things are heating up, and it won't be long until Terri is charged, and possibly somene else as accomplice.
    Oh! I sure hope your right.

3. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Jo in Calif For This Useful Post:

From Day 1, I've felt the way information has been released in this investigation has been, um, unusual, to say the least. A slow, halting trickle, and plenty of seeming dead ends, with lots of "he said, she said" and non-news pressers, attempting to ban certain media outlets, etc. Oh, and the odd way that it took so long for the family to speak publicly when Kyron first disappeared.

My gut feeling is that LE is showing these letters to Desiree now in an attempt to stir the pot and see what floats to the surface. They've essentially stalled and are hoping that fresh media coverage will prod someone into providing new evidence, particularly any of TH's friends who may be swayed by these latest unflattering revelations.

"I look to a day when people will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character."
    -Martin Luther King, Jr.

5. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Velouria For This Useful Post:

If LE showed these emails to Kaine and Desiree, I believe...though others may differ...that they had an investigative reason.

LE is not interested in the Horman divorce or in inciting problems between the grieving parents...they are building a criminal case. A case that involves a little boy who is missing and probably dead. They are professionals, focused only on THAT.

And WHO is still the focus after all this time and the involvement of many agencies? ...Terri Horman. These texts revealed just last Friday...re-emphasize the target and direction of their investigation: LE's focus remains squarely on Terri Horman.

LE has apparently not decided there is no evidence to charge her, or that the Landscaper is a mean-spirited illegal alien, or that Kaine is trying to frame her. Their case is being built against Terri. There is no other reason to be revealing these emails if Terri has been cleared and every thing heard, said, etc. about her is hearsay or bogus.

All the angst about tactics in the Horman divorce, or all the "shoulda-woulda-coulda"...does not change the fact that the person suspected of the most awful act of cruelty in this case...the person most deceptive, most cunning, most cruel...is neither of the biological parents. Pointing at them is a side show to try to clean up Terri. The person most likely in LE's eyes to have hurt or killed Kyron...to have committed the MONSTROUS act at the center of this case..is Terri.

Nothing Kaine did comes close. Nothing. All that is side issue..distraction...but it cannot help Terri. Nothing Kaine did or didn't do...can mitigate the hatred a 40 year old woman held for a 7 year old child.

There's no equivalency here. Trying to find something negative about Kaine in every vile revelation about Terri will not help in the courtroom. "I killed Kyron because he was too dumb to see I was an alcoholic." or "He should have told Desiree then I wouldn't have been forced to kill his kid in front of Baby K"will not work for the defense IMO.

Nothing Kaine did or did NOT do comes close.

Nothing.
    Last edited by stmarysmead; 11-15-2010 at 05:59 PM.

If LE showed these emails to Kaine and Desiree

If they did...in the Today's Show interview with Desiree...it was Meredith Vieira that stated "The Police showed you"...Desiree did not say LE showed her. Doesn't mean they didn't for sure. And as far as KH respoonding today, I don't recall he said that either. Didn't seem like he was well versed on the emails at. But then again, he said he had not watched the "Today Show" either.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kappy50 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by debs View Post
    As I listened to Desiree, and her anger toward Kaine, I perceived it as directed at just this question. If these emails show a person who openly hated her child, how could Kaine have kept that from her, and kept her from being able to take care of their son to ensure his safety. That's what I understood from her presser anyway.
    How could it be open hatred? Everyone that knew Terri and Kyron that we have heard from (including the bio parents before finding out what they now know from LE) have said that she loved Kyron and treated him as her own. If Terri hated Kyron, it seems like her dirty little secret that she only shared with certain people(perhaps those that are now helping her if Kyron is alive).

I think cluciano is correct with the thought that LE is trying to prepare the parents for the inevitable(turning this into a homicide investigation). I'm heartbroken for them. It seems Desiree is coming to the realization that her son is not coming home and she is angry. Jmo

10. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Trt For This Useful Post:

Or it could be that since Desiree was finding out about things from the divorce action (Terri's drinking) anyway, LE decided it was a good time to get their reponses to these e-mails, if they showed them to D&K.
    Just my opinion, of course.

SmoothOperator is offline Sadly what connects all these puzzles is that there's a victim@the heart of each
    In regards to Kaine releasing tawdry texts rather than emails from Terri with vicious rants of hatred toward her innocent 7 yr old stepson(that IMO she followed thru with that vicious hatred of a little boy by plotting, planning, executing, disposing of, and covering up the vicious murder of this innocent little boy whom called that monster "mom")...

Why did Kaine release the texts rather than the emails?
    It's talked as if KH has full control and say so of this active, on going, investigation of his son's "disappearance"(that in only a matter of time will be revealed as murder.) When the truth couldn't be further from Kaine having control over it. It is LE choice, right, discretion to share or to release whatever they deem appropriate or simply just wish to share. I am quite certain that there are many details of this case and investigation that LE choose to share with Kaine and Desiree but do not give them permission to share certain details, evidence, etc with the public and the media.

It wouldn't be Kaines "call" to decide whether or not sharing of those emails were allowed. We do not know exactly when this exact evidence of such damning emails were shared by LE to them. It could have been long ago and they were told not to speak publicly of it until LE deemed it appropriate or wanted such info released. Or it could have been just in recent days that this horrific info was shared with them per LE, therefor when the texts were released as evidence of Terri's state of mind immediately after her stepson being disappeared. ..Kaine possibly had not yet received this info.

Either way as I said it is NOT Kaine Horman who decides what and when certain evidence can and will be released to the media/public. But there is nothing petty going on here with Kaine and Rackner fighting with EVERYTHING that they are allowed to use to ENSURE that Kaine remains the sole custodian over baby K and whether it be the texts that were released or this most recent info of these extremely disturbing emails written by Terri expressing her vicious hatred for this little helpless young boy whom many fully realize that at some point after those hate filled emails were written by Terri Horman that she carried that hatred even one step further by PERMANENTLY "disappearing" the innocent little boy whom she hated so very much and blamed for her own again failed marriage(for the 3rd time).

No matter what is released the picture only becomes clearer and clearer of who and what was done by and to precious little Kyron Richard Horman. A complete travesty.

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk
    The quickest way to become a fool is to argue with one..

13. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to SmoothOperator For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by pufnstuf View Post
    "Other criminal options" such as?

Someone's been hiding him for Terri for nearly six months? Doubtful.

Stranger abduction? Doubtful.

In all honesty, this has been a homicide investigation for months.

My opinion.
    bbm

ITA...and probably since the 4th of June!

15. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to miabellamoure For This Useful Post:

The topic here is why LE would release the e-mails to Kaine and Desiree...not why Kaine did not use these e-mails in his divorce...
    Just my opinion, of course.

17. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:

Anyway, Kaine could hardly have quoted these emails in his divorce case in October if he just now heard about them on Friday.

I wonder if LE are still waiting for someone to talk. If all the people Terri sent these emails to are cooperating. If they now think it's hatred in the emails or just some natural stepparent frustration that means nothing. If so, what are they thinking now, having seen Desiree's pain?

19. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Donjeta For This Useful Post:

In Fridays filings...Page 3 line item 6 & 7 ( sorry guys, don't know how cut and paste off theses doc's) it is stated "Father has recieved information that leads him to believe Mother is responsible for Kyron's disappearance". (note it doesn't say LE provided).

Now is this the emails ???? If so, this was drafted on 11/9...So would he have just gone in on 11/9 he and his attorney drafted that and there ya go. I have no legal knowledge, but doesn't it take time to gather information before you put it in a affidivit...may not, I just don't know.

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kappy50 For This Useful Post:

I didn't see the Today show and haven't yet read the locked Today Show thread, so excuse me if my theory contradicts what is already known.

I think the emails under discussion may have been sent recently. I wonder if LE has used 1 or more email recipients to "entice" TH into saying ugly things about Kyron and her feelings toward him. I'm not saying she was set up, or that anyone has falsified her remarks in any way. More like LE may have heard hints from various people that TH had a lot of resentment toward Kyron, and then went looking for someone from inside her camp who would be willing to encourage, collect, and turn over evidence of this from Terri, in her own words.

I think LE likely shared the emails with Desiree knowing that Desiree would tell about it in the press, maybe even encouraging her to do that. And the reason would be that they're hoping this will encourage others to come forward and provide more information about Terri's true feelings and behaviors toward Kyron.

One thing that comes to my mind is what Kyron might have told his friends. A kid might not tell his bio mom or dad about a step parent who isn't always as kind--and safe--in private as she was in front of other adults. But kids, I believe, can be more truthful with one another. Kyron might have said more to the kids in his circle if Terri had bullied him, swore at him, said mean, hateful things to him--or even hit him.

I have long felt that it's possible that whatever happened to Kyron happened because he was headed off for a weekend with Desiree and there was a danger he was going to reveal something to Desiree that TH didn't want Desiree to know.

As for LE sharing the hurtful emails with Desiree, I think she probably has an understanding with LE that she wants to know the truth, however hurtful it may be. If I were in her position, I would not want people sparing me, coddling me, hiding things from me. I'd want to know whatever little scrap of true information I could find out about my son, even if it made me cry! When LE showed her the emails, I'm sure there was someone right there with her, and the revelation was no doubt handled as gently as possible.

23. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to DreamyEye For This Useful Post:

Kaine's got some 'splainin' to do.
    imo

25. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to xin For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by xin View Post
    Kaine's got some 'splainin' to do.
    imo

LE seems to believe Terri needs to do the "splainin" ...and in a much. much more important way than poor Kaine.

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast