Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Results 151 to 175 of 257

Thread: Why would LE show these e-mails (from Terri, about Kyron) to Desiree & Kaine?

  1. #151
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    33,440
    Kind of OT but I remember the case of Carrie Culbertson in Ohio; LE had a very hard time convincing her mother that Carrie was dead, as they wanted to proceed with a case against her ex-boyfriend for murder. They did eventually get her to testify that in her heart she knew Carrie was dead and the ex was convicted of kidnapping and murder.
    Just my opinion, of course.

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:


  3. #152
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    231
    Quote Originally Posted by BeanE View Post
    Posting for reference:

    She said she’s mainly upset right now by finding out things - like Terri’s alleged alcoholism - through the media and court documents and not from Kaine. Kaine said he’s not hiding anything and is just finding out all of this, too.

    E-mail: Terri Horman accuses Kaine of being overbearing
    Video: http://www.katu.com/news/local/108352154.html?tab=video
    Article: http://www.katu.com/news/local/108352154.html?
    *snipped & BBM*

    How can it be true that Kaine is just now finding out about Terri's supposed alcoholism when he outlined Terri's drunken behavior quite descriptively in a court document?

  4. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to joshiesmom For This Useful Post:


  5. #153
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    363
    Quote Originally Posted by LimeCola View Post
    I'm confused about a statement DY made on Good Morning America...

    she says, "on a couple of different occasions Terri had called me specifically so that I could talk to Kyron because he was so upset, and Terri personally wanted me to take Kyron"

    I don't understand why TH would call DY to talk to Kyron and comfort him if TH was responsible for upsetting him. Does that make any sense?

    Would you call your step-son's mother so she could talk to him if you were abusing him (emotionally, verbally)?
    I wonder if it was more like, see, he misses you...he needs you.

  6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to RoseTree For This Useful Post:


  7. #154
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3,148
    Quote Originally Posted by joshiesmom View Post
    *snipped & BBM*

    How can it be true that Kaine is just now finding out about Terri's supposed alcoholism when he outlined Terri's drunken behavior quite descriptively in a court document?
    From what Kaine said, he knew of the behavior itself, such as falling asleep at 7 on the couch, angry, staggering, etc - he didn't attribute it to alcoholism until others came forward with more information about Terri and about alcoholism, at which time he put it together and realized it was alcohol and not whatever she said it was (ppd, tiredness, sadness, etc). He now attributes the behavior he'd been dealing with as that of an alcoholic.

  8. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to ami For This Useful Post:


  9. #155
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    2,358
    Quote Originally Posted by ami View Post
    From what Kaine said, he knew of the behavior itself, such as falling asleep at 7 on the couch, angry, staggering, etc - he didn't attribute it to alcoholism until others came forward with more information about Terri and about alcoholism, at which time he put it together and realized it was alcohol and not whatever she said it was (ppd, tiredness, sadness, etc). He now attributes the behavior he'd been dealing with as that of an alcoholic.
    And who knows what he found in the house after she left it? Maybe there was evidence of bottles of booze, or something hidden, I mean it does happen.

  10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Chablis For This Useful Post:


  11. #156
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    6,719
    Quote Originally Posted by LimeCola View Post
    I'm confused about a statement DY made on Good Morning America...

    she says, "on a couple of different occasions Terri had called me specifically so that I could talk to Kyron because he was so upset, and Terri personally wanted me to take Kyron"

    I don't understand why TH would call DY to talk to Kyron and comfort him if TH was responsible for upsetting him. Does that make any sense?

    Would you call your step-son's mother so she could talk to him if you were abusing him (emotionally, verbally)?
    I'm thinking it was more, "Here, I'm tired of dealing with him, YOU calm him down and make him feel better."

    I doubt this was a happy conversation between Desiree and Terri. I think Terri reached her limit and wanted Desiree to take over on more than one occasion.

  12. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Aedrys For This Useful Post:


  13. #157
    Quote Originally Posted by Aedrys View Post
    I'm thinking it was more, "Here, I'm tired of dealing with him, YOU calm him down and make him feel better."

    I doubt this was a happy conversation between Desiree and Terri. I think Terri reached her limit and wanted Desiree to take over on more than one occasion.
    ah, Aedrys, did you forget who we are talking about here? What would a good sociopath do in this situation? She would put kyron on the phone after telling DY in her sweetest voice that he needs to talk to his mommy. After telling kyron, in her "actual Terri" voice "here you freakin' brat, call your *mother*" Everything's good on all fronts. Kyron knows she hates him, but is too afraid to tell; DY thinks he's just upset and thinks TH is a saint for having him call her in spite of the obvious tension in their relationship. And the seed that Kyron needs to LEAVE is planted while TH looks like she's saying so out of concern for Kyron.

    jmoo. And Aedrys, in case my tone isn't clear, I am in complete agreement with your assessment of the situation. Just not how that particular conversation went down. you da' bomb lol

  14. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to germaine For This Useful Post:


  15. #158
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    340
    If Terri was hoping Desiree would take Kyron but Kaine was fighting it, then I can see where Terri would try to play "buddy buddy" with Desiree--and maybe even Kyron to his face. She may have reasoned, at least for awhile, that the more people who wanted the opposite of what Kaine wanted, the more likely he could have been worn down.

    Knowing now just how devious Terri could be, it's easy to see where she herself may have subtly made Kyron feel sad, scared, mad, uncooperative--and then played the caring stepmom who hooked him up with his bio mom. This seems to be a woman who was able to manipulate a lot of grown men--and maybe even Desiree ... what chance did an innocent little boy like Kryon have to realize it was Terri making him feel bad in the first place?

    ETA--I'm starting to think of Terri as Nurse Ratchet in One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest.

  16. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to DreamyEye For This Useful Post:


  17. #159
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    476
    Quote Originally Posted by stmarysmead View Post
    If LE showed these emails to Kaine and Desiree, I believe...though others may differ...that they had an investigative reason.

    Thinking outside the box, here.

    What if LE had emails that they were not completely certain had actually come from TH?

    TH apparently emailed Desiree regularly. Therefore, I would think she'd be a good person to ask whether emails from TH sounded authentic, or whether they might have been forgeries/written by someone else.

  18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to debirlfan For This Useful Post:


  19. #160
    SmoothOperator's Avatar
    SmoothOperator is offline Sadly what connects all these puzzles is that there's a victim@the heart of each
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    5,585
    Quote Originally Posted by debirlfan View Post
    Thinking outside the box, here.

    What if LE had emails that they were not completely certain had actually come from TH?

    TH apparently emailed Desiree regularly. Therefore, I would think she'd be a good person to ask whether emails from TH sounded authentic, or whether they might have been forgeries/written by someone else.
    I completely understand what you're saying...and agree that Desiree would more than likely "know" Terri's emails..mainly because that Was what the majority Of their "relationship" was based upon{i.e. via electronic communications}

    But I do not believe LE was using Desiree as their way to tell if the emails were "authentic"{as in sent from Terri personally}..

    First and foremost that would not be the case is that it would be more than unethical{not saying that LE cannot use unethical means..but with the victim's parents? ...NEVER} and above all else would be cruelty at its worst...

    For LE not to be certain emails were "authentic" to involve the victim's parents{victims themselves}to be the "gauge" for validity of an email is just not a possibility..IMO..
    Especially given the apparent nature of these emails...There is just no way that LE would inflict undue and COMPLETELY unnecessary pain and anguish on the parents by having them read the vicious nature and intense hatred that was detailed in the emails for their own son who has been missing for more than 6 mos...and for LE not to even know if they were actually sent from Terri...I'd say not only would there be heads on a chopping block at the LE station but an atty would have a hayday and open&shut case for a slam dunk lawsuit for such cruel and unjust treatment of victims.

    And then secondly would be because it is not necessary to do so{have the parents be the "gauge" of validity}.. With FBI involved in this case from day one of Kyron "disappearing"..and have stated on more than one occasion that FBI agts as well as their resources were there to assist in any way they could the MCSO.. Our federal technology is more than capable of identifying EXACTLY WHO, WHEN, WHERE, HOW sent the emails along with a direct, detailed path that the emails made from the originating computer all the way to the emails and computers they were received at{every single last computer and user that received the email[whether read or NOT..EVEN if it was immediately deleted before even being read]}...the technology is such that with hardly any effort whatsoever it will give LE every detail they need{and even a bunch they don't even need}...thats just how detailed that electronic communications can be traced and/or tracked down..

    So, IMO when LE chose to share these disturbing, frightening, and sickening posts to the parents...LE had PROOF POSITIVE THAT THEY CAME FROM TERRI, HERSELF....
    Last edited by SmoothOperator; 11-17-2010 at 03:25 AM.

  20. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to SmoothOperator For This Useful Post:


  21. #161
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    231
    Quote Originally Posted by ami View Post
    From what Kaine said, he knew of the behavior itself, such as falling asleep at 7 on the couch, angry, staggering, etc - he didn't attribute it to alcoholism until others came forward with more information about Terri and about alcoholism, at which time he put it together and realized it was alcohol and not whatever she said it was (ppd, tiredness, sadness, etc). He now attributes the behavior he'd been dealing with as that of an alcoholic.
    This is from Kaine's court document:

    "6. It was common for Respondent to be visibly impaired from alcohol, i.e., slurring speech, staggering gait, etc. several nights a week. Often, Respondent would pass out on the couch around 7:00 or 8:00p.m. after drinking heavily and would wake up on and off for the rest of the night. Sometimes K would be up with Respondent rather than on a schedule. Respondent spent most nights sleeping on the living room couch with K. Respondent would typically be passed out from heavily drinking. K would be up past midnight playing and/or watching tv until I tried to intervene. Sometimes if I tried to help by putting K to bed, Respondent would become verbally combative and seem offended."

    Seems to me he was well aware that she was drinking heavily. So again, I ask how he can supposedly just now be learning about Terri's supposed alcoholism. I totally understand his not wanting to tell Desiree about Terri's behavior, but I also completely support Desiree being pissed off about Kaine not telling her AND his refusal to let her have custody of Kyron. I want to know why he was opposed to his ex-wife taking Kyron when he was aware that his current wife had a drinking problem & wasn't taking good care of baby K (according to him).

  22. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to joshiesmom For This Useful Post:


  23. #162
    Quote Originally Posted by joshiesmom View Post
    This is from Kaine's court document:

    "6. It was common for Respondent to be visibly impaired from alcohol, i.e., slurring speech, staggering gait, etc. several nights a week. Often, Respondent would pass out on the couch around 7:00 or 8:00p.m. after drinking heavily and would wake up on and off for the rest of the night. Sometimes K would be up with Respondent rather than on a schedule. Respondent spent most nights sleeping on the living room couch with K. Respondent would typically be passed out from heavily drinking. K would be up past midnight playing and/or watching tv until I tried to intervene. Sometimes if I tried to help by putting K to bed, Respondent would become verbally combative and seem offended."

    Seems to me he was well aware that she was drinking heavily. So again, I ask how he can supposedly just now be learning about Terri's supposed alcoholism. I totally understand his not wanting to tell Desiree about Terri's behavior, but I also completely support Desiree being pissed off about Kaine not telling her AND his refusal to let her have custody of Kyron. I want to know why he was opposed to his ex-wife taking Kyron when he was aware that his current wife had a drinking problem & wasn't taking good care of baby K (according to him).
    he knew she was impaired. He didn't know it was from alcohol. He said, at the time they were putting the affidavit together, it all clicked for him. It was alcohol, not whatever excuse TH gave...ppd meds, sleep aids, muscle relaxers, exhaustion, a combo of the above, whatever. He observed the symptoms, and put two and two together on the cause just recently.

  24. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to germaine For This Useful Post:


  25. #163
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    City of Roses, Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    2,434
    Agreed. Alcoholics can be very cunning with their ability to hide their drinking. It does not surprise me in the least that he was unaware of the extent of her drinking problem.
    Justice is the constant and perpetual will to allot to every man his due. Domitus Ulpian

  26. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to gwenabob For This Useful Post:


  27. #164
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    portland, Ore
    Posts
    18,364
    Quote Originally Posted by joshiesmom View Post
    This is from Kaine's court document:

    "6. It was common for Respondent to be visibly impaired from alcohol, i.e., slurring speech, staggering gait, etc. several nights a week. Often, Respondent would pass out on the couch around 7:00 or 8:00p.m. after drinking heavily and would wake up on and off for the rest of the night. Sometimes K would be up with Respondent rather than on a schedule. Respondent spent most nights sleeping on the living room couch with K. Respondent would typically be passed out from heavily drinking. K would be up past midnight playing and/or watching tv until I tried to intervene. Sometimes if I tried to help by putting K to bed, Respondent would become verbally combative and seem offended."

    Seems to me he was well aware that she was drinking heavily. So again, I ask how he can supposedly just now be learning about Terri's supposed alcoholism. I totally understand his not wanting to tell Desiree about Terri's behavior, but I also completely support Desiree being pissed off about Kaine not telling her AND his refusal to let her have custody of Kyron. I want to know why he was opposed to his ex-wife taking Kyron when he was aware that his current wife had a drinking problem & wasn't taking good care of baby K (according to him).
    Hi Germaine, Alcohol smells, is noticeable to those near. And anyone who is repeatedly passing out has reached a certain stage in their drinking. He had to know she was a drinker but maybe didn't realize how seriously her mind had been affected.

    We all make mistakes in life. I do feel for both Kaine and Desiree in having lost Kyron. But I also think they both let him down. Desiree for not exploring why Kyron begged to stay with her and not be sent back up to Portland. And Kaine. He simply gave this woman free reign in caring for the kids even though he has now completely downgraded her as a person and mother. He had to know all along what was inside her brain just listening to her before she'd pass out !

    I don't think Kyron had a chance. IMO

  28. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to scandi For This Useful Post:


  29. #165
    Quote Originally Posted by scandi View Post
    Hi Germaine, Alcohol smells, is noticeable to those near. And anyone who is repeatedly passing out has reached a certain stage in their drinking. He had to know she was a drinker but maybe didn't realize how seriously her mind had been affected.

    We all make mistakes in life. I do feel for both Kaine and Desiree in having lost Kyron. But I also think they both let him down. Desiree for not exploring why Kyron begged to stay with her and not be sent back up to Portland. And Kaine. He simply gave this woman free reign in caring for the kids even though he has now completely downgraded her as a person and mother. He had to know all along what was inside her brain just listening to her before she'd pass out !

    I don't think Kyron had a chance. IMO
    if he drank, too, he might not have noticed the smell. Or if his relationship with terri was not physical anymore, ditto. Or if she claimed to be on meds, one glass of wine might have accounted for it. Whatever. KH says he didn't know, and I believe him. But even if I thought he knew full well, that wouldn't change my opinion about who is at fault here.

    Imo, terri needed a major downgrade well before she met Kaine. Her flaws aren't from anything he did...although his personality might have brought them to the forefront. Seems to me, he actually expected her to be the person she claimed to be, and didn't have enough of his own fatal flaws to blame himself when she wasn't. Imo, th followed the "peter priniciple". She upgraded her husbands until she got out of her own league and failed.

    eta: if I take two tylenol pms and a glass of wine, I will slur and pass out. If I take two tylenol pms and don't drink at all, I will do the same. If I drink a bottle of wine and take no tylenol pm's I will do the same. In the first and last examples, I might smell like booze, but the cause of my behavior in the first instance would be the drugs, not the booze.

  30. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to germaine For This Useful Post:


  31. #166
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    portland, Ore
    Posts
    18,364
    Quote Originally Posted by germaine View Post
    if he drank, too, he might not have noticed the smell. Or if his relationship with terri was not physical anymore, ditto. Or if she claimed to be on meds, one glass of wine might have accounted for it. Whatever. KH says he didn't know, and I believe him. But even if I thought he knew full well, that wouldn't change my opinion about who is at fault here.

    Imo, terri needed a major downgrade well before she met Kaine. Her flaws aren't from anything he did...although his personality might have brought them to the forefront. Seems to me, he actually expected her to be the person she claimed to be, and didn't have enough of his own fatal flaws to blame himself when she wasn't. Imo, th followed the "peter priniciple". She upgraded her husbands until she got out of her own league and failed.

    eta: if I take two tylenol pms and a glass of wine, I will slur and pass out. If I take two tylenol pms and don't drink at all, I will do the same. If I drink a bottle of wine and take no tylenol pm's I will do the same. In the first and last examples, I might smell like booze, but the cause of my behavior in the first instance would be the drugs, not the booze.
    I agree with what you say having had 2 alcoholic husbands. I think she might be guilty like you do. But we don't know what life was really like in that home. I'm not defending her, just don't know if we have heard the whole story.

    I guess what is really getting to me is all the info we have gotten from both of Kyron's parents that I think should never have been put out to the public before she is arrested. Not poor taste - poor judgement I think. IMO


    PS: It also gets me a wondering what Houze is making of all this. Cause if she is guilty I don't want this 5 star lawyer getting her off !!!

  32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scandi For This Useful Post:


  33. #167
    Quote Originally Posted by scandi View Post
    I agree with what you say having had 2 alcoholic husbands. I think she might be guilty like you do. But we don't know what life was really like in that home. I'm not defending her, just don't know if we have heard the whole story.

    I guess what is really getting to me is all the info we have gotten from both of Kyron's parents that I think should never have been put out to the public before she is arrested. Not poor taste - poor judgement I think. IMO


    PS: It also gets me a wondering what Houze is making of all this. Cause if she is guilty I don't want this 5 star lawyer getting her off !!!
    I honestly don't know whether having all this info out there will hurt the case. I guess it could depend on how much else is out there. Kaine said this is just the tip of the iceberg, iirc. Maybe that's what he's alluding to. I hope so.

    And I couldn't agree more with the bolded part. That's my biggest fear. I've read at least one decision, though, where this particular judge hasn't let Houze's *skills* overcome the truth in a murder case.
    Last edited by germaine; 11-17-2010 at 01:24 PM.

  34. The Following User Says Thank You to germaine For This Useful Post:


  35. #168
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,915
    Quote Originally Posted by joshiesmom View Post
    This is from Kaine's court document:

    "6. It was common for Respondent to be visibly impaired from alcohol, i.e., slurring speech, staggering gait, etc. several nights a week. Often, Respondent would pass out on the couch around 7:00 or 8:00p.m. after drinking heavily and would wake up on and off for the rest of the night. Sometimes K would be up with Respondent rather than on a schedule. Respondent spent most nights sleeping on the living room couch with K. Respondent would typically be passed out from heavily drinking. K would be up past midnight playing and/or watching tv until I tried to intervene. Sometimes if I tried to help by putting K to bed, Respondent would become verbally combative and seem offended."

    Seems to me he was well aware that she was drinking heavily. So again, I ask how he can supposedly just now be learning about Terri's supposed alcoholism. I totally understand his not wanting to tell Desiree about Terri's behavior, but I also completely support Desiree being pissed off about Kaine not telling her AND his refusal to let her have custody of Kyron. I want to know why he was opposed to his ex-wife taking Kyron when he was aware that his current wife had a drinking problem & wasn't taking good care of baby K (according to him).
    I have an acquaintance whose husband went to work every day..high level management job, big company. He drank every night and on weekends.

    She insisted he was not an alcoholic because he did not drink during the day.

    But apparently his work was affected. At last, he was informed by his Boss that he needed to enter a company program for alcoholics. She was furious. She felt they were over-reacting. She was embarrassed.

    Our friend has been "recovered" many years now..but his wife was in serious denial for a long, long time.And even when the truth was forced upon her, she fought it more than he did.

    I think Kaine does not like to be wrong. I think Kaine is very "private." He chose Terri over Desiree. He loved Terri. Therefore he could "see" things...but he couldn't admit how serious it was. To him, she probably functioned well during the day...maybe like our friend...did not drink then. Therefore she only had a nightime problem and to Kaine that was not "alcoholism" and all that entails.

    Once Kyron disappeared and the Murder for Hire plot was revealed...people probably felt they could tell him things they felt they COULD NOT have told him before. He has said as much. He is way past the comfort of denial now.

  36. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to stmarysmead For This Useful Post:


  37. #169
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    10,132
    http://www.katu.com/news/local/108352154.html

    "Young said it is now clear that Terri dislikes her and believes she transferred that to Kyron."

    I tried to find a Terri motive thread, but most of them had been closed. I'm not sure where to put this, but it is in the emails article linked above.

    I wonder what lead Desiree to this conclusion? Many of us have speculated that it was Kaine with whom Terri was upset and was the prime motivating factor.

    So, the in the emails Desiree read, she concluded that:
    1. "Extreme hatred for Kyron, and she talked about hurting him and things that you just don’t talk about with children,”
    2. "Young said it is now clear that Terri dislikes her and believes she transferred that to Kyron."
    3. “I no longer had that little part of me that hoped she hadn’t done anything to Kyron,” Desiree said after she read the e-mails. “I realized that she is capable of hurting him. That was the hardest part about it.”
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~ Aristotle

    The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.

  38. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SurfieTX For This Useful Post:


  39. #170
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,438
    Quote Originally Posted by scandi View Post
    Hi Germaine, Alcohol smells, is noticeable to those near. And anyone who is repeatedly passing out has reached a certain stage in their drinking. He had to know she was a drinker but maybe didn't realize how seriously her mind had been affected.

    We all make mistakes in life. I do feel for both Kaine and Desiree in having lost Kyron. But I also think they both let him down. Desiree for not exploring why Kyron begged to stay with her and not be sent back up to Portland. And Kaine. He simply gave this woman free reign in caring for the kids even though he has now completely downgraded her as a person and mother. He had to know all along what was inside her brain just listening to her before she'd pass out !

    I don't think Kyron had a chance. IMO



    And I think a judge will be looking into this big time, as Kaine is saying in his court documents, that in fact it was not Terri who was the primary care giver of the children, but him. :

    http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/i...s_estrang.html

    Terri Horman's lawyer, Peter Bunch, has argued that Terri Horman is K's primary caregiver, and that K needs to see her mother, even in supervised visits.

    Kaine Horman challenges Bunch's assessment.

    He argues that he is Kiara's primary caregiver. He says he worked at home 3 to 5 days a week during their marriage, and would be home and present with both children most afternoons and evenings, unless traveling for business.
    Last edited by grandmaj; 11-17-2010 at 09:35 PM. Reason: minor name

  40. #171
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,438
    I'm still waiting for the thud, when MCSO comes forward and says

    "The information provided in Kaine Horman and Desiree Young's November 16 Press Conference, did not come from us. "

    just like they did with the MFHP, LOL


    I have no idea why they would share this information with K & D, and then K & D share it with the public, unless they're on some sort of fishing expedition. Looking for more of the same maybe? Still waiting for that one piece of the puzzle they think someone out there is holding? Who knows? But I'd like to see the emails in their entirety now that they've gone so far as to make their alleged content and intention public.

  41. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Billylee For This Useful Post:


  42. #172
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,438
    Quote Originally Posted by joshiesmom View Post
    This is from Kaine's court document:

    "6. It was common for Respondent to be visibly impaired from alcohol, i.e., slurring speech, staggering gait, etc. several nights a week. Often, Respondent would pass out on the couch around 7:00 or 8:00p.m. after drinking heavily and would wake up on and off for the rest of the night. Sometimes K would be up with Respondent rather than on a schedule. Respondent spent most nights sleeping on the living room couch with K. Respondent would typically be passed out from heavily drinking. K would be up past midnight playing and/or watching tv until I tried to intervene. Sometimes if I tried to help by putting K to bed, Respondent would become verbally combative and seem offended."

    Seems to me he was well aware that she was drinking heavily. So again, I ask how he can supposedly just now be learning about Terri's supposed alcoholism. I totally understand his not wanting to tell Desiree about Terri's behavior, but I also completely support Desiree being pissed off about Kaine not telling her AND his refusal to let her have custody of Kyron. I want to know why he was opposed to his ex-wife taking Kyron when he was aware that his current wife had a drinking problem & wasn't taking good care of baby K (according to him).
    I agree with you. His court documents clearly state the alcohol problems began right after Kiara was born and he refers to them as historical.


    Kaine Horman cited Terri Horman's "historical problems with the abuse of alcohol," which he argues impaired her functioning since K's birth.

    He said Terri Horman's conviction in 2005 for driving while under the influence of alcohol was not an isolated incident. He said Terri Horman's depression and alcoholism impaired how she cared for their daughter.


    http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/i...s_estrang.html
    Last edited by grandmaj; 11-17-2010 at 09:37 PM. Reason: minor name

  43. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Billylee For This Useful Post:


  44. #173
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,243
    Quote Originally Posted by Billylee View Post
    And I think a judge will be looking into this big time, as Kaine is saying in his court documents, that in fact it was not Terri who was the primary care giver of the children, but him. :

    http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/i...s_estrang.html

    Terri Horman's lawyer, Peter Bunch, has argued that Terri Horman is Kiara's primary caregiver, and that Kiara needs to see her mother, even in supervised visits.

    Kaine Horman challenges Bunch's assessment.

    He argues that he is Kiara's primary caregiver. He says he worked at home 3 to 5 days a week during their marriage, and would be home and present with both children most afternoons and evenings, unless traveling for business.
    Quote Originally Posted by Billylee View Post
    I agree with you. His court documents clearly state the alcohol problems began right after Kiara was born and he refers to them as historical.


    Kaine Horman cited Terri Horman's "historical problems with the abuse of alcohol," which he argues impaired her functioning since Kiara's birth.

    He said Terri Horman's conviction in 2005 for driving while under the influence of alcohol was not an isolated incident. He said Terri Horman's depression and alcoholism impaired how she cared for their daughter.


    http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/i...s_estrang.html
    Some of the things that Kaine cites in those documents could also be attributed to not necessarily having complete knowledge of them at the time of occurence but, after careful reflection they became apparent & realized in their entirety.

  45. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to miabellamoure For This Useful Post:


  46. #174
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,915
    Quote Originally Posted by SurfieTX View Post
    http://www.katu.com/news/local/108352154.html

    "Young said it is now clear that Terri dislikes her and believes she transferred that to Kyron."

    I tried to find a Terri motive thread, but most of them had been closed. I'm not sure where to put this, but it is in the emails article linked above.

    I wonder what lead Desiree to this conclusion? Many of us have speculated that it was Kaine with whom Terri was upset and was the prime motivating factor.

    So, the in the emails Desiree read, she concluded that:
    1. "Extreme hatred for Kyron, and she talked about hurting him and things that you just don’t talk about with children,”
    2. "Young said it is now clear that Terri dislikes her and believes she transferred that to Kyron."
    3. “I no longer had that little part of me that hoped she hadn’t done anything to Kyron,” Desiree said after she read the e-mails. “I realized that she is capable of hurting him. That was the hardest part about it.”
    Desiree is a beautiful woman. Little Kyron looked so much like her...think of that smile!

    Once Terri stole Desiree's husband and in time....Terri also had her child to raise. Terri was competing in those contests...slim and attractive. Desiree was very sick. At that moment in time, Terri was triumphant against her rival. She won THAT competition!

    But years passed. Desiree had a job, a happy marriage, maybe more money to spend on herself...and was so lovely. Terri had gained some weight..was jobless...drinking...unemployed.

    I wonder if Kyron's little face, so much like his Mom's...fueled part of the hatred in Terri that emerged in these emails. I imagine she was continually nice to Desiree's face, but the emails showed a vicious other side.

  47. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to stmarysmead For This Useful Post:


  48. #175
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,243
    I'm thinking of how I felt after I had my first child....all other children were just not as special as "my baby"...I didn't have the overwhelming desire to babysit anymore for my friends either. My world revolved around my baby.

    Who knows after K**** was born, maybe Kyron was old news and not as novel as he once was. It would be understandable for him to act out as any child does when the new sibling arrives...oh it just makes me sick to think he was feeling tossed aside by Terri and the brunt of her frustrations.

  49. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to miabellamoure For This Useful Post:


Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 66
    Last Post: 08-28-2010, 01:46 PM
  2. 8/27: KGW-TV Interview with Desiree and Kaine
    By loves2bmom in forum Kyron Horman
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 08-28-2010, 01:40 PM
  3. Audio interview 7/27/10 with Kaine & Desiree
    By nurseratchett in forum Kyron Horman
    Replies: 487
    Last Post: 07-28-2010, 05:26 PM
  4. Replies: 146
    Last Post: 07-15-2010, 09:25 AM
  5. Replies: 38
    Last Post: 07-11-2010, 06:12 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •