Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
    If I understood Desiree's statements correctly, she was upset that Kaine already knew about these emails and did not inform her. So, he knew about them at some point before she did. Is this correct?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to txsvicki For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by txsvicki View Post
    If I understood Desiree's statements correctly, she was upset that Kaine already knew about these emails and did not inform her. So, he knew about them at some point before she did. Is this correct?
    I just listened to it again and she was upset that Kaine had several opportunities to talk to her and Tony about what was going on in the house and didn't.

**sorry to interrupt* but what emails? Is there a thread about the actual emails you guys are talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowboy View Post
    Not sure if this has been noted on WS today. Still trying to catch up.

http://www.kgw.com/news/Exclusive--K...108170584.html

"Desiree Young appeared on Today Monday morning. She talked about explosive emails that police showed her just last Friday. Sources told KGW that the emails were sent from Terri to an extended member of the family in the weeks just before Kyron's disappearance.

Must admit: I discovered this tidbit at another site. But the reference is valid.
    You just have to wonder if that "extended family member" had taken TH seriously and just called Kaine on the phone or forwarded those emails, everything might have been different.

I'm the proud mother of a new attorney!
    It's better to know some of the questions than all of the answers. ~ James Thurber
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing ~ Edmund Burke
    Why shouldn't truth be stranger than fiction? Fiction, after all, has to make sense. ~ Mark Twain

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ThoughtFox For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie09 View Post
    **sorry to interrupt* but what emails? Is there a thread about the actual emails you guys are talking about?
    No, these emails have not been released. They were discussed by Kyron's biological mother Desiree on the Today Show. If you scroll back a few pages you can find the link to her interview.

I'm the proud mother of a new attorney!
    It's better to know some of the questions than all of the answers. ~ James Thurber
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing ~ Edmund Burke
    Why shouldn't truth be stranger than fiction? Fiction, after all, has to make sense. ~ Mark Twain

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThoughtFox For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by txsvicki View Post
    No, I believe they both received these emails for review on this past Friday...first time seeing them. (fwiw, I also believe these comms occurred prior to Kyron's disappearance.)

As a result of viewing these emails, Desiree became upset about how she now sees that Kaine did not alert her to TH's serious problems with alcohol, parenting Kyron, etc., prior to the boy's going missing.

jmo

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to shana For This Useful Post:

I can't imagine who she sent the e-mails to; I've never heard of any relatives on her side, outside of her parents. Surely anyone related to Kaine would have told him? Unless they did not take them seriously?
    Just my opinion, of course.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
    I can't imagine who she sent the e-mails to; I've never heard of any relatives on her side, outside of her parents. Surely anyone related to Kaine would have told him? Unless they did not take them seriously?
    I'm guessing Kristian's wife and/or the sacramento cousins. More likely kristian's wife, imo, b/c she had a new child with Kristian and he had kids from his prior marriage that he was obviously more...erm...*involved* with. They had a lot in common being newly married to men from the same family with children from a prior marriage and brand new babies of their own. And there was distance, so communication via e-mail would be expected. jmoo

Maybe the sacramento cousins b/c there was recent sympathetic communication between them.But I'm leaning toward Stephanie...is that her name?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to germaine For This Useful Post:

This is where I saw it reported that Kaine knew about the email first and didn't inform Desiree.
    http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/401926...-today_people/

"She is angry that Kaine apparently knew about the messages obtained by police, but never told her about them."

This is from todays story, but Desiree never mentioned this in her video with Meredith Vierra.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to txsvicki For This Useful Post:

I tried to reply to the DY presser thread, but it is closed. Did anyone notice that DY said something about she does not agree with the choices Kaine is "making"???? Ok, this is not a quote, but I thought it was interesting that she referred to her disapproval in the present tense. Not I don't agree with the choices he made, but the choices he is making. hmmmmm, I wonder what those current choices are.....if that is what she meant.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mauirain For This Useful Post:

mauirain, I noticed! :-)

I wasn't sure what to make of it either.

Quote Originally Posted by mauirain View Post
    I tried to reply to the DY presser thread, but it is closed. Did anyone notice that DY said something about she does not agree with the choices Kaine is "making"???? Ok, this is not a quote, but I thought it was interesting that she referred to her disapproval in the present tense. Not I don't agree with the choices he made, but the choices he is making. hmmmmm, I wonder what those current choices are.....if that is what she meant.
    I think she was talking about Kaine making the choice
    not to share with DY and TY the info about TH's alcoholism (that would be coming out in the court documents) BEFORE they had to find out about it through the media like all of the rest of us. That was not a prudent move on Kaine's part and I think that is what DY meant when she made that statement? MOO, of course.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Frigga For This Useful Post:

It's such a shame that Kaine and Desiree couldn't maintain their united front, while I understand her anger at this new information it was good to see them rally early on in the investigation as a team. It's very sad that it has come to this.
    It's always the guy in the white van.

23. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mrs G Norris For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
    I am trying to figure out what LE was trying to gain, or what point they were trying to make, in showing these e-mails referred to by Desiree, to Kyron's parents?

Both parents have stated emphatically, to say the least, that they believe Terri is the key to what happened to Kyron. So it wasn't to get them to believe that.

Was it a step in convincing the parents that Kyron is likely dead, murdered by Terri, so that they can move ahead with a case without finding Kyron, having everyone on board?

I can't imagine inflicting this pain on Desiree without a good reason. Now she has to have nightmares about her little boy living with a woman who she now thinks hated her child.
    I suspect you're right about LE trying to get KH and DY prepared for a "no body" homicide case.

A parent like Desiree, who is expresses herself eloquently, gives off a sense of emotional honesty, etc, could torpedo a "no body" case if she got on the stand and testified that she believes Kyron is still alive.

Something somewhat similar happened in the Johnny Gosch case. His mother got on the stand in the trial of a man who was believed to be part of a pedophile ring and testified, very sincerely, that she believed her son is still alive because he visited her in the middle of the night (when he would have been 28 years old). That testimony brought down the prosecution case.

I have no doubt Johnny's mother believes it. But I'm certainly not alone in thinking that she is nearly alone in her beliefs, which strain credulity to the utmost.

For DY's sake, I wish KH had done her the courtesy of providing her with copies of his court filings before they hit the media. When she said she had found out all this via the media, my heart clenched for her. I can only imagine the pain she goes through every evening as she wonders what she'll find out via the evening news (or worse, from a reporter asking her "and what is your reaction to X, Y and Z?" when she had never heard X, Y or Z previously).

25. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to GrainneDhu For This Useful Post:

Posting for reference:

Email sent by Terri April 6, 2010 - two months before Kyron disappeared.

From screenshots and voice overs in video:

- I have to ask him before I go out to meet anyone

- I have no money because I stayed home with Kyron at birth since his natural mom wouldn't - spent all of my 30k to do so...

- I am The one who was able to get him glasses (I noticed at 6 months when I was working with him but Kaine wouldn't go in to a doc until he was 2 years - yeah - he's farsighted 750).

- He's on me about being fat. Wants me to do another show.

- Makes me pay $1000 a month to him for bills although it's my child support and unemployment. I do all the yard work, house work, mowing the lawn, cleaning the gutters.

E-mail: Terri Horman accuses Kaine of being overbearing
    Video: http://www.katu.com/news/local/108352154.html?tab=video
    Article: http://www.katu.com/news/local/108352154.html?

27. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to BeanE For This Useful Post:

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast