Page 1 of 36 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 540
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    21,152

    OH - 2 women and 2 children, Apple Valley, 11.10.2010 - 13 year old rescued #4



    Thread #1
    Thread #2
    Thread #3

    If you know anything about the 4 missing please contact:
    Knox County Sheriffs Office: (740)397-3333
    Detective Division of KCSO: (740)393-6800
    2 kids & 2 adults are missing. Kody Maynard (10), Tina Herrmann (32) and Stephanie Sprang (41).
    Sarah Maynard (13) - Rescued!


    Please continue here...
    Last edited by OkieGranny; 05-19-2015 at 02:03 AM. Reason: broken links


  2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to imamaze For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    943
    Can someone please tell JVM that she doesn't need to scream- the microphones pick up her voice just fine and NG isn't there to shout over.

    So she is saying there were beer cans found in the victims home? The way she talked it was like the guy had been partying in the house for days- did she forget the house was checked on Thursday? Or did she just get carried away with her theory?
    Zahra
    Hear The Children


  4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to kalekona For This Useful Post:


  5. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    6,999
    From TexasMist

    JVM talking about fire burning in his yard Wed. nite...neighbor Donna saw a big silver truck in the back yard for days & saw the fire burning.

    Caller asking how LE knew that Sarah was in the house.

    Reporter says LE doesn't know the connection between the missing people & MH...says Sarah said 1st time she met MH was in the house w/ Tina & Kody.

    So does this confirm they were all together and taken at one time ,not 2 different times?


  6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Soulmagent For This Useful Post:


  7. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    a little west of southern hospitality.
    Posts
    2,155
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulmagent View Post
    From TexasMist



    So does this confirm they were all together and taken at one time ,not 2 different times?
    I would say no. It''s a slippery slope. I have my speculations on what happened, but no one is able to confirm when all/each were taken out of the house.


  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sherbetjello For This Useful Post:


  9. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Silicon Hills
    Posts
    9,233
    did anybody else hear the neighbor say she saw a big silver truck in MH's back yard for days? I think she said 4-5 days...just trying to check if I heard all that correctly.
    What we are doing is just a drop in the ocean.
    But if that drop was not in the ocean,
    I think the ocean would be less because of that missing drop.
    ~~ Mother Theresa ~~



    Where is Rachel Cooke? Missing since 10-Jan-2002
    Rachel's thread - WS
    RachelCookeSearch.org


  10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Texas Mist For This Useful Post:


  11. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Silicon Hills
    Posts
    9,233
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulmagent View Post
    From TexasMist



    So does this confirm they were all together and taken at one time ,not 2 different times?
    I'm pretty sure that the local reporter on JVM's show tonite said Sarah met MH the for the first time when only her mom & brother were there.

    IIRC, that's what we heard during presser today - that Sarah didn't see Stephanie.

    Hope somebody chimes in if I mis-remembered the presser.
    What we are doing is just a drop in the ocean.
    But if that drop was not in the ocean,
    I think the ocean would be less because of that missing drop.
    ~~ Mother Theresa ~~



    Where is Rachel Cooke? Missing since 10-Jan-2002
    Rachel's thread - WS
    RachelCookeSearch.org


  12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Texas Mist For This Useful Post:


  13. #7
    belimom's Avatar
    belimom is offline Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter ~MLK Jr
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    10,556
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas Mist View Post
    I'm pretty sure that the local reporter on JVM's show tonite said Sarah met MH the for the first time when only her mom & brother were there.

    IIRC, that's what we heard during presser today - that Sarah didn't see Stephanie.

    Hope somebody chimes in if I mis-remembered the presser.
    I think you're right.
    Fly high and free, Jhessye ~

    My posts are meant to help think through possibilities and are strictly an additional opinion under circumstances when many points of view need to be considered. I apologize in advance to anyone whose potential involvement is contemplated in error. Please understand that much of what is happening is merely brainstorming during unfortunate events.


  14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to belimom For This Useful Post:


  15. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    3,353
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas Mist View Post
    I'm pretty sure that the local reporter on JVM's show tonite said Sarah met MH the for the first time when only her mom & brother were there.

    IIRC, that's what we heard during presser today - that Sarah didn't see Stephanie.

    Hope somebody chimes in if I mis-remembered the presser.
    That's my recollection of the PC as well. It was difficult to hear, but that's what it sounded like to me.
    all my comments are just my opinion. jmho. moo. etc. etc.


  16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gxm For This Useful Post:


  17. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    199
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas Mist View Post
    did anybody else hear the neighbor say she saw a big silver truck in MH's back yard for days? I think she said 4-5 days...just trying to check if I heard all that correctly.
    If the neighbor who appeared on JVM is Donna/Dawna Davis, her story has changed...

    "[Donna] Davis and other neighbors said the FBI questioned residents about when they had last seen Hoffman, what kind of car he drove and whether they had noticed anything unusual about his behavior. Davis said she hadn't seen anything out of the ordinary at Hoffman's house recently."

    http://www.dispatch.com/live/content...e.html?sid=101


  18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to C.Hound For This Useful Post:


  19. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Mountain West
    Posts
    28
    OT: Hello all, just joined and want to say it is certainly interesting (and informative) reading all your posts! Have so many questions about this case and hope the 3 missing persons are found asap, hopefully alive. Can't imagine what I would do if my teen went missing...

    I found this piece of info on Matthew John Hoffman/Appeal in Colorado, it is from 2005, so he must have still been in their system then. Wonder if he is still on parole/probation, as he got 5 years supervision when he was sentenced to 8 years for the arson in Steamboat Springs? If he was supposed to be under supervision, wouldn't he have to check in periodically with a PO, have some type of a house visit, keep a job, and make payments on the $2 million fine from the arson? How was he able to get a loan for $30k to buy his 5-bedroom house last year?

    http://www.colorado-appealsblog.com/...05_Archive.htm



  20. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    12,303
    Quote Originally Posted by kalekona View Post
    Can someone please tell JVM that she doesn't need to scream- the microphones pick up her voice just fine and NG isn't there to shout over.

    So she is saying there were beer cans found in the victims home? The way she talked it was like the guy had been partying in the house for days- did she forget the house was checked on Thursday? Or did she just get carried away with her theory?
    The manager of the Dairy Queen where Tina works went to the house on Thursday when Tina didn't report for work for the second day in a row. She peeked in the windows and saw the beer cans. She entered the house and saw blood and called 911.

    The police have been quoted as saying that it didn't appear like a struggle had taken place inside the house - no chairs turned over or anything like that, but they noted the beer cans and a significant amount of blood. They've described it as looking like someone was injured.
    My posts are my opinion..........




  21. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Leila For This Useful Post:


  22. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    12,303
    Quote Originally Posted by sherbetjello View Post
    I would say no. It''s a slippery slope. I have my speculations on what happened, but no one is able to confirm when all/each were taken out of the house.
    There is no confirmation as to what happened inside that house or when people were taken away. But, in the presser today, the sheriff stated that the last time Sarah saw her mother, Tina, and her brother, Kody, was Wednesday. So, I think we can conclude that Sarah was somehow separated from the others.

    The sheriff also said that the last time Sarah saw her mom's friend and neighbor, Stephanie, was Tuesday. So it would appear that Sarah was separated from her mother and brother before Stephanie came to the house.

    I have the feeling that Stephanie walked into the situation as it was unfolding and was taken captive.
    Last edited by Leila; 11-15-2010 at 09:44 PM.
    My posts are my opinion..........




  23. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Leila For This Useful Post:


  24. #13
    belimom's Avatar
    belimom is offline Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter ~MLK Jr
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    10,556
    Quote Originally Posted by Leila View Post
    The manager of the Dairy Queen where Tina works went to the house on Thursday when Tina didn't report for work for the second day in a row. She peeked in the windows and saw the beer cans. She entered the house and saw blood and called 911.

    The police have been quoted as saying that it didn't appear like a struggle had taken place inside the house - no chairs turned over or anything like that, but they noted the beer cans and a significant amount of blood. They've described it as looking like someone was injured.
    Something else I was trying to figure out - to read between the lines, maybe: the sheriff faltered a little when asked how MH was able to get them to leave the house (or something along those lines). He said something about 'not of their own volition' at one point (I think) but then another time I swear he paused, thought for a moment, and then said something to the effect that not all four of them left the house 'under their own power'. To me, the word 'power' and 'volition' could possibly mean different things. With using the world 'volition', I think more of being coerced/forced. But using the word 'power' makes me think that not all of them walked out of the house. I wonder if there are any smear/drag marks with the blood...
    Fly high and free, Jhessye ~

    My posts are meant to help think through possibilities and are strictly an additional opinion under circumstances when many points of view need to be considered. I apologize in advance to anyone whose potential involvement is contemplated in error. Please understand that much of what is happening is merely brainstorming during unfortunate events.


  25. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to belimom For This Useful Post:


  26. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    36,436
    Does Sarah's brother come home from school first, I wonder, or do they come together on the same bus? Or does one come home sooner than the other?
    Just my opinion, of course.


  27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:


  28. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    12,303
    Quote Originally Posted by SunGirl View Post
    OT: Hello all, just joined and want to say it is certainly interesting (and informative) reading all your posts! Have so many questions about this case and hope the 3 missing persons are found asap, hopefully alive. Can't imagine what I would do if my teen went missing...

    I found this piece of info on Matthew John Hoffman/Appeal in Colorado, it is from 2005, so he must have still been in their system then. Wonder if he is still on parole/probation, as he got 5 years supervision when he was sentenced to 8 years for the arson in Steamboat Springs? If he was supposed to be under supervision, wouldn't he have to check in periodically with a PO, have some type of a house visit, keep a job, and make payments on the $2 million fine from the arson? How was he able to get a loan for $30k to buy his 5-bedroom house last year?

    http://www.colorado-appealsblog.com/...05_Archive.htm
    :Welcome-12-june: to Websleuths Sun Girl!

    Yes, most states require that the person on parole keep appts. with their parole officer, are required to keep a job, and to make payments on whatever fine the court imposed. The parole officers also make home visits on occasion.
    My posts are my opinion..........




  29. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Leila For This Useful Post:


Page 1 of 36 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. OH - 2 women and 2 children, Apple Valley - 13 year old rescued - Media Links
    By imamaze in forum Crimes In The News- Time Line - Media-Reference Forum
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 05-09-2015, 09:37 PM
  2. CA CA - Shawn Hale, 19, Apple Valley, 4 Nov 1994
    By rainwater in forum 1990's Missing
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-12-2015, 04:32 PM
  3. Identified! CA - Apple Valley's Racquel Rayas, 19 Found 2011.05.20
    By JBean in forum Identified!
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-02-2011, 04:11 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •