GUILTY OH - Two women & child killed, 13yo abducted, Apple Valley, 10 Nov 2010 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

imamaze

Former Member
Reaction score
image_missingadultschildren.jpg

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3

If you know anything about the 4 missing please contact:
Knox County Sheriffs Office: (740)397-3333
Detective Division of KCSO: (740)393-6800
2 kids & 2 adults are missing. Kody Maynard (10), Tina Herrmann (32) and Stephanie Sprang (41).
Sarah Maynard (13) - Rescued!

Please continue here...

Can someone please tell JVM that she doesn't need to scream- the microphones pick up her voice just fine and NG isn't there to shout over.

So she is saying there were beer cans found in the victims home? The way she talked it was like the guy had been partying in the house for days- did she forget the house was checked on Thursday? Or did she just get carried away with her theory?

From TexasMist

JVM talking about fire burning in his yard Wed. nite...neighbor Donna saw a big silver truck in the back yard for days & saw the fire burning.

Caller asking how LE knew that Sarah was in the house.

Reporter says LE doesn't know the connection between the missing people & MH...says Sarah said 1st time she met MH was in the house w/ Tina & Kody.

So does this confirm they were all together and taken at one time ,not 2 different times?

From TexasMist

So does this confirm they were all together and taken at one time ,not 2 different times?

I would say no. It''s a slippery slope. I have my speculations on what happened, but no one is able to confirm when all/each were taken out of the house.

did anybody else hear the neighbor say she saw a big silver truck in MH's back yard for days? I think she said 4-5 days...just trying to check if I heard all that correctly.

From TexasMist

I'm pretty sure that the local reporter on JVM's show tonite said Sarah met MH the for the first time when only her mom & brother were there.

IIRC, that's what we heard during presser today - that Sarah didn't see Stephanie.

Hope somebody chimes in if I mis-remembered the presser. :)

I'm pretty sure that the local reporter on JVM's show tonite said Sarah met MH the for the first time when only her mom & brother were there.

IIRC, that's what we heard during presser today - that Sarah didn't see Stephanie.

I think you're right.

That's my recollection of the PC as well. It was difficult to hear, but that's what it sounded like to me.

did anybody else hear the neighbor say she saw a big silver truck in MH's back yard for days? I think she said 4-5 days...just trying to check if I heard all that correctly.

If the neighbor who appeared on JVM is Donna/Dawna Davis, her story has changed...

"[Donna] Davis and other neighbors said the FBI questioned residents about when they had last seen Hoffman, what kind of car he drove and whether they had noticed anything unusual about his behavior. Davis said she hadn't seen anything out of the ordinary at Hoffman's house recently."

http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/local_news/stories/2010/11/15/girl-found-alive.html?sid=101

OT: Hello all, just joined and want to say it is certainly interesting (and informative) reading all your posts! Have so many questions about this case and hope the 3 missing persons are found asap, hopefully alive. Can't imagine what I would do if my teen went missing...

I found this piece of info on Matthew John Hoffman/Appeal in Colorado, it is from 2005, so he must have still been in their system then. Wonder if he is still on parole/probation, as he got 5 years supervision when he was sentenced to 8 years for the arson in Steamboat Springs? If he was supposed to be under supervision, wouldn't he have to check in periodically with a PO, have some type of a house visit, keep a job, and make payments on the $2 million fine from the arson? How was he able to get a loan for $30k to buy his 5-bedroom house last year?

http://www.colorado-appealsblog.com/Archive/April_2005_Archive.htm

Can someone please tell JVM that she doesn't need to scream- the microphones pick up her voice just fine and NG isn't there to shout over.

So she is saying there were beer cans found in the victims home? The way she talked it was like the guy had been partying in the house for days- did she forget the house was checked on Thursday? Or did she just get carried away with her theory?

The manager of the Dairy Queen where Tina works went to the house on Thursday when Tina didn't report for work for the second day in a row. She peeked in the windows and saw the beer cans. She entered the house and saw blood and called 911.

The police have been quoted as saying that it didn't appear like a struggle had taken place inside the house - no chairs turned over or anything like that, but they noted the beer cans and a significant amount of blood. They've described it as looking like someone was injured.

I would say no. It''s a slippery slope. I have my speculations on what happened, but no one is able to confirm when all/each were taken out of the house.

There is no confirmation as to what happened inside that house or when people were taken away. But, in the presser today, the sheriff stated that the last time Sarah saw her mother, Tina, and her brother, Kody, was Wednesday. So, I think we can conclude that Sarah was somehow separated from the others.

The sheriff also said that the last time Sarah saw her mom's friend and neighbor, Stephanie, was Tuesday. So it would appear that Sarah was separated from her mother and brother before Stephanie came to the house.

I have the feeling that Stephanie walked into the situation as it was unfolding and was taken captive.

The manager of the Dairy Queen where Tina works went to the house on Thursday when Tina didn't report for work for the second day in a row. She peeked in the windows and saw the beer cans. She entered the house and saw blood and called 911.

The police have been quoted as saying that it didn't appear like a struggle had taken place inside the house - no chairs turned over or anything like that, but they noted the beer cans and a significant amount of blood. They've described it as looking like someone was injured.

Something else I was trying to figure out - to read between the lines, maybe: the sheriff faltered a little when asked how MH was able to get them to leave the house (or something along those lines). He said something about 'not of their own volition' at one point (I think) but then another time I swear he paused, thought for a moment, and then said something to the effect that not all four of them left the house 'under their own power'. To me, the word 'power' and 'volition' could possibly mean different things. With using the world 'volition', I think more of being coerced/forced. But using the word 'power' makes me think that not all of them walked out of the house. I wonder if there are any smear/drag marks with the blood... :(

Does Sarah's brother come home from school first, I wonder, or do they come together on the same bus? Or does one come home sooner than the other?

OT: Hello all, just joined and want to say it is certainly interesting (and informative) reading all your posts! Have so many questions about this case and hope the 3 missing persons are found asap, hopefully alive. Can't imagine what I would do if my teen went missing...

I found this piece of info on Matthew John Hoffman/Appeal in Colorado, it is from 2005, so he must have still been in their system then. Wonder if he is still on parole/probation, as he got 5 years supervision when he was sentenced to 8 years for the arson in Steamboat Springs? If he was supposed to be under supervision, wouldn't he have to check in periodically with a PO, have some type of a house visit, keep a job, and make payments on the $2 million fine from the arson? How was he able to get a loan for $30k to buy his 5-bedroom house last year?

:Welcome-12-june: to Websleuths Sun Girl!

Yes, most states require that the person on parole keep appts. with their parole officer, are required to keep a job, and to make payments on whatever fine the court imposed. The parole officers also make home visits on occasion.

:Welcome-12-june:

Welcome to WebSleuths SunGirl. We're glad to have you here!

Does Sarah's brother come home from school first, I wonder, or do they come together on the same bus? Or does one come home sooner than the other?

This article says they were both at East Knox Middle School (Grades 5-8). ETA: I assume they get home at the same time? Unless there were any extracurricular activities, etc.

To quote the above article:

Sarah Maynard is a seventh-grader at East Knox Middle School, where her brother is in the fifth grade, school officials said. The children were at school Wednesday.

Welcome to Websleuths, SunGirl! Nice Sleuthing! :dance:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members