Dead Couple get married - HUH????

Lakergirl123

Former Member
Reaction score
http://channels.netscape.com/ns/news/story.jsp?floc=FF-RTO-PLS&idq=/ff/story/0002/20040827/1116494825.htm

Dead Couple to Be Married

JOHANNESBURG (Reuters) - A South African man who shot his pregnant fiancýe dead before killing himself will be posthumously married to her at the weekend.

Police Captain Mohale Ramatseba said David Masenta shot 25-year-old Mgwanini Molomo after a quarrel before turning the gun on himself. But Johannesburg's Sowetan newspaper said family and friends wanted to remember them as a happy couple destined for a happy life together.

The groom's corpse would be dressed in a cream suit and his bride's in a gown for the ceremony, at which a priest in the rural village of Ceres in Limpopo will bless the union before the two are buried, the Sowetan said.

"In African culture, there is no death -- there is merely the separation of body and soul," said cultural expert Mathole Motshekga. "It is also important because the families are married together."

"This does not mean the relationship has irretrievably broken down."

Hello? How odd is this?

Lakergirl123 said:
Ummmm... I think it does :bang:

Lakergirl123 said:
http://channels.netscape.com/ns/news/story.jsp?floc=FF-RTO-PLS&idq=/ff/story/0002/20040827/1116494825.htm

Hello? How odd is this?

That may be their belief here on earth, but what about the spirit surviving after death? Could be that the guy will get a big surprize and not find himself to be reunited with his wife in the afterlife. I've always suspected that those who take another's life will suffer the consequences in the hereafter.

hi lake! just another shotgun wedding...

great posts! lmao! :D

:laugh: :laugh:

Casshew said:
at least he would be stiff
:eek:
I have to go to bed soon. Now I'm LMA right OFFFFF.

geesh, one day, when I'm in Ontario, I want to go for lunch with you.

I want to add LEX to my LUNCH list. shotgun wedding. :doh: :blowkiss:

okay blueclouds :)

hey, did you ever watch the movie I sent you? were you able to pass it on?

Yup watched it long ago, thank you. No one else PM'd me to ask. I'll put up for the taking again unless you'd like it back.

LOL... nope, I don't want it back... Dean gave me the creeps playing Scott!

blueclouds said:
:laugh: :laugh:

:eek:
I have to go to bed soon. Now I'm LMA right OFFFFF.

geesh, one day, when I'm in Ontario, I want to go for lunch with you.

I want to add LEX to my LUNCH list. shotgun wedding. :doh: :blowkiss:

hi blue, sound delicious, i'd be happy to be on your lunch list! are you going to san francisco and san jose for a visit? :)

YUP September 9th to the 12th. Short quickie but fun. Is that where you live?

BTW, maybe we should PM eachother, I think this is way OT and don't want to get mods in a mood.;)

blueclouds said:
I think this is way OT and don't want to get mods in a mood.;)
LOL this is the bizarre board.. I doubt the mods even think of looking here... post away :D

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back