TX TX - Amanda Goodman, 13, Brownwood, 16 May 1989

Jenni979

Reaction score
I was 9 when this happened... Brownwood is a small enough town that just about everybody knows one another... 20 years is FAR too long for this girl to not have justice...

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2009/may/16/not-forgotten/

Amanda left her junior high and never made it home. She was found murdrered, a single gunshot would to the head...

Unfortunately LE is not sharing enough info to help make an opinion. Would be interesting to know what interest they have in Hampsey.

Bumping... I just read an article on more Brownwood, TX cold cases... It said that as of 2010 The Texas Rangers were still reworking Amanda's case...

...Bumping for Amanda...

Well I think it's clear it was someone she knew, the way she was placed and her wound was hidden. What a weird case...

Well I think it's clear it was someone she knew, the way she was placed and her wound was hidden. What a weird case...

I think so too. Sounds more like an "execution" than a random killing to me. I wonder if she witnessed something she wasn't meant to see or hear and had to be silenced.

The "respect" shown to her body suggests that the killer either knew her, or her family ...... or certainly didn't have a casual air about doing it. The placing of her head on the cup in particular, shows a strange sort of care towards her. She wasn't just dumped at the side of the road.

Its a very strange case indeed.

"According to the autopsy Amanda had not been sexually assaulted the day of her murder"

Does anyone find it odd the way this is worded?
Also, sounds like police considered the pastor a potential suspect.
Due to that phrase, I wonder if someone had been molesting her and she threatened to tell and they silenced her?

"According to the autopsy Amanda had not been sexually assaulted the day of her murder"

Due to that phrase, I wonder if someone had been molesting her and she threatened to tell and they silenced her?

That makes a lot of sense....that makes all the pieces fit. I think the pastor needs to be looked at, though IMO its likely he's the suspect they won't name. Could you imagine calling a Pastor a person of interest and then it turns out he really had no ties to the case?

I think so too. Sounds more like an "execution" than a random killing to me. I wonder if she witnessed something she wasn't meant to see or hear and had to be silenced.

The "respect" shown to her body suggests that the killer either knew her, or her family ...... or certainly didn't have a casual air about doing it. The placing of her head on the cup in particular, shows a strange sort of care towards her. She wasn't just dumped at the side of the road.

Its a very strange case indeed.

Yeah, real weird. Being that she was laid near the road, sounds like the person wanted her to be found soon. Sounds like the person put her in a resting position. Singe gunshot, no stabbing, not multiple gunshots, sounds like the person did not hate her. Sounds like a caring person that would go the extra step for someone, but is capable of killing. IMO, the person knew her and her family well. IMO, she was killed to protect someone. IMO, it could have been someone molesting her; she could have walked in on something, and if she told, it would completely destroy someone, or another child told her something about an adult that could destroy the adults life.

I think they should analyze everything using using modern technology (clothing, burial area, notebook everything that they have). I think they should analyze any photos taken at the memorial and previous memorials to see if anyone from the past is in the distance. Or if someone from the past came to town before or after the memorials. I think the person cared about her and her family, and most likely would show up. Or, if there is someone that moved away, but still keeps in contact with her parents or siblings.

As I was reading the thread this is exactly what I was thinking??

i thought that wording was odd, but this article wasnt the finest example of quality writing i have ever seen... there were a few weird/awkward phrasings in it...

i agree with others though, that seems like a strong possibility.

anyone know what other murders mcginn was suspected of?

Did her mother have other children? It says she was the only daughter. But doesn't say the only child. For some reason this seems to me like it may have been done by someone young. Maybe a teenager she knew and would have gotten into the car with? Did she have an older brother whose friend may have done it? Something like that.

Does anyone find it odd the way this is worded? Also, sounds like police considered the pastor a potential suspect.
Absolutely! Totally jumped out at me too. I'm thinking the same line of thought as you are.

I noticed Amanda was murdered May 16th, 1989 and that the step daughter was murdered May 22nd, 1993. Maybe this was a trigger. Seems odd that even though it was years apart, the dates were less than a week apart.

Another oddly worded section:

"Crime scene photos show she had been "gingerly" laid out on the side of the road under a tree with her purse and a notebook placed beside her. Her head was resting on a paper cup.

Photos also show that at some point after she was shot, her head had rested on the opened notebook."

BBM - Do you take this to mean that photos of blood evidence leads them to this conclusion? What a strange way to put it.

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2009/may/16/not-forgotten/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back