GUILTY OH - Two women & child killed, 13yo abducted, Apple Valley, 10 Nov 2010 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

imamaze

Former Member
Reaction score
image_missingadultschildren.jpg

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4

If you know anything about the 4 missing please contact:
Knox County Sheriffs Office: (740)397-3333
Detective Division of KCSO: (740)393-6800
2 kids & 2 adults are missing. Kody Maynard (10), Tina Herrmann (32) and Stephanie Sprang (41).
Sarah Maynard (13) - Rescued!

Please continue here...

Wanted to say Welcome to all of our new members! Glad to have you with us!!!

2countrylanehouseswelcfrnds.gif

Seems that if MH was talking, he was not being very helpful, since LE has yet to find any of the missing trio...:(

Just thinking out loud........

Could the 3 be very close to TH's home? As in maybe right under everybody's nose?

Also - was Hoffman in the house at the time on Wednesday evening when the sheriff's patrol paid 2 visits to the home?

Didn't know if this had been posted or not, it also shows pics of the vehicles involved.

Ohio Sheriff: "Significant Evidence"

Knox County Sheriff David Barber says investigators "have recovered significant evidence" in the search for clues in the disappearance of Tina Herrman, her friend Stephanie Sprang and Tina's 11 year-old son.
That evidence apparently includes a tarp and trash bags found closed with duct tape in Foundation Park in Mount Vernon, Ohio, across the street from the home of prime suspect Matthew Hoffman who police say had Herrman's 13 year-old daughter bound and gagged in his basement. Police also revealed Hoffman had a receipt from the nearby Wal-Mart for a tarp and trash bags, along with a t-shirt and deli sandwich.
The Sheriff is encouraging anyone who sees anything unusual, including trash bags, to call authorities and not touch the possible evidence. He's also asking people to call who may have seen any of the three vehicles involved in the missing persons case: Herrman's F-150 Ford Pickup, Sprang's silver Jeep Cherokee or Hoffman's Toyota Yaris compact.

More... Pictures of three vehicles involved in the case also shown...

Could the 3 be very close to TH's home? As in maybe right under everybody's nose?

Also - was Hoffman in the house at the time on Wednesday evening when the sheriff's patrol paid 2 visits to the home?
I've wondered that...both your questions (as have many).

IF it's true that Stephany's car (Jeep) was in Tina's garage (ARGHH at the untrustworthy MSM), that seems suspect (rather than it being in the driveway or parked out front). MH (+ possible accomplice) were moving multiple vehicles around.

Your first comment should be posted on the FB page. Only they (and LE) would best know how to find someone "in plain sight" for their area.

Please go post that there?

That evidence apparently includes a tarp and trash bags found closed with duct tape in Foundation Park in Mount Vernon, Ohio

Actually, I believe this evidence was found near the Kokosing Gap Trail in the vicinity of Lower Gambier Road and Route 229.

Actually, I believe this evidence was found near the Kokosing Gap Trail in the vicinity of Lower Gambier Road and Route 229.
MSM is klughing this up...AGAIN!!! I'm not even local, and I knew that.

Fox is almost like the National Enquirer to me.

Geesh, it was the Kokosing Gab Trail, not the park. I wish the reporting wasn't so horrible for these missing people sakes!

I'm now wondering if Sarah was his target, when did he first notice her? Was it just 4 days earlier when he seen his parents? I still think he had the intention of going back and torching the house but ran out of time.

I've wondered that...both your questions (as have many).

IF it's true that Stephany's car (Jeep) was in Tina's garage (ARGHH at the untrustworthy MSM), that seems suspect (rather than it being in the driveway or parked out front). MH (+ possible accomplice) were moving multiple vehicles around.

Your first comment should be posted on the FB page. Only they (and LE) would best know how to find someone "in plain sight" for their area.

Please go post that there?

I'm thinking that it does make sense. He ends up taking Tina's truck and pulls Steph's car into the garage as he is leaving. Would that scenario fit?

It seems like this MH likes to watch LE stumble upon his crimes. So, it makes me wonder if someone has seen him in locations where the other 3 are. He leaves clues of where LE expected the other 3 to be. But, he got caught before he could watch the other 3 be found. I hope the public in that area thinks of what locations MH has been seen at.

Additional reply...

Or close to MH's home...in plain sight or "near reach"?

Does anyone know how many trash bags were found and collected today with the tarp?

What do we know about Matthew Hoffman? Where was he born at? Where did he live at when he was growing up?

Looking at a possible different angle here. We know that Tina Herrmann is two years older than Matthew Hoffman.

Is it possible that years ago that Tina and Matthew may have went to the same school together, but they were in different grades?

I'm thinking that it does make sense. He ends up taking Tina's truck and pulls Steph's car into the garage as he is leaving. Would that scenario fit?
Yes. There are other scenarios, too. Unfortunately we're working with less info than LE has.

I'm close to the point of thinking that we need to just trust in LE.

But who knows, maybe one of us will brainstorm an idea that they haven't thought of yet.

Thinking out loud again.........

IF Stephanie's vehicle was found in Tina's garage, that somewhat says (imo) it was being hidden from view. In order to pull into the garage, Tina's truck would have to be gone or moved out of the way first.

Is there a good pic of the driveway at Tina's home? Was there enough room for more than one vehicle on the driveway?

I think for sure Stephanie's vehicle must have been found in Tina's garage. Those 2 home visits by the sheriff's patrol on Wednesday only cited that the truck was in the driveway.

Why hide Stephanie's vehicle and not Tina's?

I've had a busy day and haven't been able to keep up with the threads on this case. I only scanned the last few pages of thread 4. But I noticed several posts on the subject of the bloody clothing found in Foundation Park.

I heard about a "find" in Foundation Park on Sunday night and checked out the FaceBook page where it was posted by someone. Evidently the post had been removed as it was considered just a rumor.

Then, in one of the linked newspaper articles on this case that someone here at WS linked, I read the readers comments that followed the article and in those comments someone stated that a patrolman found "bloody boys shorts" on Sunday. That may be what prompted the search of Foundation Park yesterday.

Another article yesterday stated that the "blood" on the shorts was tested and it wasn't human blood. I assume it was from an animal or another substance.

Is this the "bloody clothing" that was mentioned in several posts on thread 4?

Thinking out loud again.........

IF Stephanie's vehicle was found in Tina's garage, that somewhat says (imo) it was being hidden from view. In order to pull into the garage, Tina's truck would have to be gone or moved out of the way first.

Is there a good pic of the driveway at Tina's home? Was there enough room for more than one vehicle on the driveway?
There's room...room to park in front (maybe in back, too) or even on the lawn. The houses there are not very close together. Sorry, but I don't have a link to a photo, but I saw it on news video.

I wonder if MH's prints were found in either Tina or Stephanie's vehicles? It would be impossible to explain THAT away, kwim?

IIRC, TH graduated from Watkins Memorial High School, east of Columbus in the Pataskala, OH area.

MH either went to East Knox or Mt. Vernon, but I've heard from locals that he was a student at Knox County Career Center (behind MVHS), so he could've been a student at EK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni