Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Canada - Darlington Nuclear Plant ON - White Female 90UFON, 18-30, Oct 2006

Jane Doe with different hair this one is better

I found a better site to add hair styles to Jane Doe, found near Bowmanville, Ontario, Clarington, Darlington area.

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to DEEA For This Useful Post:

Are there any rule outs for this UID?

What about this MP? She disappeared in Feb 2006. If it was after valentines day that might explain the red ribbon and heart.

http://www.nampn.org/cases/anderson_jennifer.html

Just a thought.

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to bodhi93 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by bodhi93 View Post
    Are there any rule outs for this UID?

What about this MP? She disappeared in Feb 2006. If it was after valentines day that might explain the red ribbon and heart.

http://www.nampn.org/cases/anderson_jennifer.html

Just a thought.
    I think it should be checked out if it hasn't already.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Danaya For This Useful Post:

Not sure if this is what I was supposed to do, but I've sent an email to the email address on the opp missing persons website. So we'll see if I get any answer.

I'm new to this, so I hope I did it right.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to bodhi93 For This Useful Post:

I think you two are onto something.

Here is a link to Valentine packaging, it may be that the box part of it had either disintigrated or possibley was not left with her remains. But I think it some sort or from sort of gift wrap as well. In the link there are some that are more simple than others. I also think that the ring may hold a clue, because there must be a jewler out there that made that ring. It says it is a women's ring, but I somehow doubt that it is surely not feminine, in size, style or design. Link to valentine gift boxes and wrappings. http://www.google.ca/images?q=valent...=1899&bih=1003
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazel View Post
    The red heart and the red ribbon make me think of Valentine's Day - the heart looks like one of those puffy stickers.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DEEA For This Useful Post:

Send photo of ring off to Nash Jewelers in London Ontario, to their Goldsmith. Asking for some help, and maybe they can direct to the right place to find out who made this ring.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DEEA For This Useful Post:

http://www.missingadults.ca/viewCase...-1995-06-01094

I keep coming back to Holly Painter when looking at the UID. The timeframe works in comparison to the shirt (1995 is when Holly disappeared). I don't know anything about the "Save the Rouge Valley System" project she was working with, but the Rouge Valley Conservation Centre is only 40 minuets from where the UID was found.

I don't see, nor read anything about a prior broken nose and no indication if there is any evidence on the UID about a prior broken leg. FWIW, Holly's link is above.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to masnitram For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by dotr View Post
    Based on timing and area, I think this one is a good candidate,especially if the men"s shirt and large ring belong to someone else.I am wondering if there are any more uid's, yet to be found in the area.
    I agree based on two things, both the victim and missing person had some fillings, and the missing person can be traced to the area (traveled and attended college in Canada). Due to the remains being skelatalized not sure how accurate the drawing is and even with morgue pictures they are off.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lieber32 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by masnitram View Post

I keep coming back to Holly Painter when looking at the UID. The timeframe works in comparison to the shirt (1995 is when Holly disappeared). I don't know anything about the "Save the Rouge Valley System" project she was working with, but the Rouge Valley Conservation Centre is only 40 minuets from where the UID was found.

I don't see, nor read anything about a prior broken nose and no indication if there is any evidence on the UID about a prior broken leg. FWIW, Holly's link is above.
    I can see why she would be a candidate, seems to me like she meet with a bad end from the missing adults website but her teeth are described as perfect. The UID had protuding teeth, as someone who spent years in braces, that would have been fixed. Timeline is good and it is likely she meet with foul play but the teeth keep bugging me.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lieber32 For This Useful Post:

Masnitram, you could well be right. So Holy Ann Painter Date of Dissappearance 26 June 1995, it kind of takes away from the valentine theme gift package, but who knows, it could have been off a gift, of sorts. Maybe the heart was some kind of a keepsake of hers. Maybe you should email or give a call to the unit that in charge of all of these cases. Added 2 pictures of Holly Painter here too.
    I have been trying to fit hair and this time some make up to add colour to the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by masnitram View Post

Last edited by DEEA; 11-29-2010 at 09:06 PM.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DEEA For This Useful Post:

Jane Doe with bangs and long dark hair

Jane Doe and Holly Painter. I don't know what to think.
    The Jane Doe just looks older, that could just be me.
    Attached Images Attached Images

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DEEA For This Useful Post:

The last one has me thinking Holly Painter too, but you are right about the dental records. They have to match up and of course there is DNA I hope they can get that. Can they check her DNA against the family of Holly Painter. It costs about one hundred dollars per test and takes a few weeks. But that would take the guess out of it. And who is to say, she was not kept for a period of time, prior to her death. But the narrow bottom jaw, is most in fitting with Holly Painter. (I had braces and I still have an overbite, but still much less than if I hadn't) She did have braces, but it does not mention fillings. She looks to have an over bite in the two photos. Left leg - healed fracture from 8 years prior. Not mentioned in the Jane Doe. Sounds like a lovers quarrel, between Holly her male friend and female friend. Hearts and red ribbons? Who knows.
    Last edited by DEEA; 11-29-2010 at 09:36 PM. Reason: needed to add a comment

24. The Following User Says Thank You to DEEA For This Useful Post:

A Canadian missing persons site has a thread dedicated to Holly Painter; a very interesting read.

http://www.unsolvedcanada.ca/index.php/topic,430.0.html

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to masnitram For This Useful Post:

The Toronto Star Nov 17 2010 article says "The uniquely large size 9½ ring is a garnet with two one-point diamonds on either side, and is believed to have been sold by Burns Jewelers, a family-run business on Simcoe St. in Oshawa from 1923 to 1994. It had been made by A&A Manufacturing in Toronto.
    Nash calls the ring “unique” for its large size and he believes it will be the “key piece of evidence” in the case as it is distinctive and shows enough wear that the woman kept it on her finger more than in a jewellery box."

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/ar...olve-cold-case

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DEEA For This Useful Post:

From the Toronto Star article. “We are considering everything from 1979 right up to 2006,” said Nash, believing the wider time frame will help jog someone’s memory of a person they may not have even thought was missing or dead.

“There’s a good chance this person was never reported missing to the police,” he added

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DEEA For This Useful Post:

Here is the response I received from the OPP for the possible match submitted the other day...

Thank You for your Email. To the best of my knowledge this name has not been submitted for comparison. I have forwarded the information to the Investigators.
    Thank you for your interest in this case.
    I've replied asking the Constable if there is a list of MP that they've already ruled out. We'll see what response I get.

32. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to bodhi93 For This Useful Post:

I received a message back about my request for a list of those MP that have already been ruled out and this is the response that I received.
    Unfortunately I can't provide you with a list of names that have already been submitted. First of all I don't have an entire list as the investigators have their own list. Secondly it is against procedures to release the names. It is not a problem to submit a name that has been provided in the past. First of all, every tip is forwarded to the investigators whether it has been submitted in the past or not. Sometimes it is good to have a second look.
    Thank you for your continued interest.
    So, it sounds like we just keep looking.

34. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bodhi93 For This Useful Post:

Everything looks different when looking from high above. Judging from one of the articles, her remains were not easy to be found:

A man harvesting dogwood plants called police on his cellphone when he stumbled across a skull in a boggy field at Holt Rd. and the South Service Rd., just off the eastbound 401 exit near Bowmanville, on Oct. 27, 2006.

Forensic officers cleared tall grass and weeds for weeks and were only able to find the skull which had two missing teeth, a few other bones, a wristwatch and a piece of red ribbon.

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/ar...n?bn=1#article
    <bbm in red>

Don't know precisely where our Darlington Doe was found in relation to this, but ... if you do a Google Streetview of that intersection, on what I believe is the southeast corner where ITER was to be situated, there is a large white billboard that says "Ontario Power Generation ..." (formerly Ontario Hydro).
    Last edited by sillybilly; 12-24-2010 at 12:31 AM.

36. The Following User Says Thank You to sillybilly For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by DEEA View Post
    The Toronto Star Nov 17 2010 article says "The uniquely large size 9½ ring is a garnet with two one-point diamonds on either side, and is believed to have been sold by Burns Jewelers, a family-run business on Simcoe St. in Oshawa from 1923 to 1994. It had been made by A&A Manufacturing in Toronto.
    Nash calls the ring “unique” for its large size and he believes it will be the “key piece of evidence” in the case as it is distinctive and shows enough wear that the woman kept it on her finger more than in a jewellery box."

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/ar...olve-cold-case
    Garnet is the birthstone for January.

38. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TechWriter797 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by TechWriter797 View Post
    Garnet is the birthstone for January.
    Garnets and Rubies are often mistaken for one another, JA who disappeared in February was born in July.

40. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lisser For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by sillybilly View Post
    <bbm in red>

Don't know precisely where our Darlington Doe was found in relation to this, but ... if you do a Google Streetview of that intersection, on what I believe is the southeast corner where ITER was to be situated, there is a large white billboard that says "Ontario Power Generation ..." (formerly Ontario Hydro).
    <bbm>

Sorry for quoting myself, but I was wrong in my above statement and too late to edit. I get lost on Streeview at times.

The sign I referred to above is actually on the southwest corner of Holt and the South Service Road, whereas the victim was located on the southeast corner as per Hazel's post:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5820558&postcount=17"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CANADA Canada - Durham - WhtFem - Skeletal Remains Near Darlington nuclear station - Oct'06[/ame][url]

Just thinking that narrow cowpath type of slip-road that runs in a northeasterly direction off Holt might be known as a Lovers' Lane.

42. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sillybilly For This Useful Post:

What if the ring/shirt weren't hers? What if it/they were the intended gift? Gift giver gives items that are used, outdated and too big, perhaps that had personal meaning (family ring?). Giver maybe gets laughed at, and feels embarrassed enough to turn violent?

I wonder if the ring has ever been reported stolen. If it was February when body was dumped, was there enough snow to lose the ring and not be able find it, and that's why it got left.

Just thinking outloud.
    Last edited by lisser; 12-24-2010 at 12:41 PM. Reason: Spelling

44. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lisser For This Useful Post:

What about Linda Sohus?
    http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/s/sohus_linda.html

She was a statuesque woman, 6ft tall and not skinny (I note that no height is given for the Doe?) and she was last seen slightly less than a week before Valentines Day 1985.

This link
    http://www.pasadenastarnews.com/mystery/ci_10110450
    has a story with a grainy black and white newspaper photo of her wearing some sort of ring on her right index finger.

46. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to reasypeasy For This Useful Post:

just to clarify

Please keep in mind that Valentines Day was just speculation on my part, based on the red heart and red ribbon found at the site. LE hasn't mentioned anything regarding February nor Valentines Day. She could have gone missing any other month, so please consider all possibilities. Thanks!
    My posts are merely my humble opinion. Unless you are quoting within Websleuths Forums, you do not have my permission to copy nor use any post made by me for anything.
    ★ Thank you ★

48. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hazel For This Useful Post:

Cubby is offline 50K reward, Bob Harrod-Missing: Call Det. Radomski 714-993-8176

Canada - Clarington, Wht Fem-Darlington Nuc. Plant/Oshawa jewelry store - 2006

Police hope face reconstruction solves Ont. cold case

The victim was a Caucasian female between 18 and 30 years old whose body could have been in the field for two to 10 years before it was found near the Darlington nuclear power plant and Highway 401.

<snip>

a women's size 9.5 gold ring, a multi-coloured shirt and a watch. The custom-made garnet ring was sold at an Oshawa jewelry store in the 1980s. Police believe Consumers Distributing was the exclusive seller of the digital watch found near the remains.

Newly released sketch and dentals at link.

http://toronto.ctv.ca/story/th/20110...rawing-110307/

50. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cubby For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast