1188 users online (244 members and 944 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

CA - Violent sexual predator to be released into Orange County, CA, 11-17-2010

VIOLENT CHILD RAPIST RELEASE ALERT IN SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA.

Local law enforcement, led by the District Attorney's Office, is hopping mad that 52-year-old Lawrence Joseph Brown is scheduled to be released to Orange County from Chino State Prison today after serving 25 years of a 49-year sentence for brutally raping two young girls after kidnapping them in broad daylight. Yesterday, DA Tony Rackauckas said at a press conference "Please help me spread the word to everyone in California that a few unelected, unreviewable, anonymous bureaucrats and psychologists have decided that starting November 17, a dangerous, violent sex offender will be a free man to walk the streets of Orange County and prey upon our children."

More here: http://www.kfiam640.com/pages/Handel2.html

I implore everyone in California to click on the link and send a letter to our Gov. Also click on the link to find out more information about the case - it's just horrific.

This guy is 52 years old and is extremely high risk for re-offending.

These young girls were 7 and 8 when they were brutally raped. Why he is going to be walking the streets is beyond comprehension.

Please help me help future victims by doing all that you can.

God bless,

Mel

Thanks Mel for the heads-up, I will be calling the Governors office today- forget the letter and I will share this on my FB... this is MY BACKYARD essentially.

I have two daughters 9 and 7 and you can bet that I am... ahem... angry. That is the nicest way I can put it, without getting banned.

God bless you right back!

Quote Originally Posted by Frigga View Post
    Thanks Mel for the heads-up, I will be calling the Governors office today- forget the letter and I will share this on my FB... this is MY BACKYARD essentially.

I have two daughters 9 and 7 and you can bet that I am... ahem... angry. That is the nicest way I can put it, without getting banned.

God bless you right back!
    I already printed my letters, but will be calling too (and just posted to my FB). What do they think? We won't notice? A lot of my family lives in El Toro and surrounding areas, and this makes me cringe, and is SO upsetting (especially what he did to those little girls). Why, oh why, do they let these creeps out? My heart is breaking.

Thanks for your help.

Mel

ETA: I think Dolly lives in the area too

Quote Originally Posted by mgardner View Post
    I already printed my letters, but will be calling too (and just posted to my FB). What do they think? We won't notice? A lot of my family lives in El Toro and surrounding areas, and this makes me cringe, and is SO upsetting (especially what he did to those little girls). Why, oh why, do they let these creeps out? My heart is breaking.

Thanks for your help.

Mel

ETA: I think Dolly lives in the area too
    And don't forget to get this message to Jerry Brown, our current Attny General and our newly elected Governor!

Salem

Quote Originally Posted by Salem View Post
    And don't forget to get this message to Jerry Brown, our current Attny General and our newly elected Governor!

Salem
    Hi Salem,

Thanks. Doesn't Jerry go into office on 1/1/11? Also, here's some more info on this creep:

“Brown knows he can never again be caught violently kidnapping and sodomizing a young girl. Isn’t it only logical that next time he will murder his victim so he doesn’t return to prison? What does the face of the next victim look like? Whose child are we risking?’” posed Rackauckas. “We cannot be deterred by the absolute failure by the Department of Mental Health to do their job. We are going to use every weapon in our legal arsenal to ensure Brown does not hurt any more people. I’m in the process of drafting legislation with Senator Lou Correa to reform this area of law. This legislation would require the Department on Mental Health to finally do their jobs.”

More here:

http://www.orangecountyda.com./home/...&recordid=2063

I didn't know he was already released, violated his parole by being close to a school and messing about with his GPS. And now they want to let him go again? Am I living on the moon?

It really hits ya when it's this close to home.

Best,

Mel

I believe you are right about when Brown goes into office - however he is the Attorney General and he is in charge of the Justice Department, etc. It is CURRENTLY his responsibility to keep us safe and that only becomes even more important as he takes office. He has the ability to get in a fight with our current lame duck governor and help to stop this release.

Here are his addresses:

Office of the Attorney General
    1515 Clay Street
    Oakland, CA 94612-1499
    Phone: (510) 622-2100

Office of the Attorney General
    P.O. Box 70550
    Oakland, CA 94612-0550

Salem
    Last edited by Salem; 11-17-2010 at 01:27 PM.

They don't have civil commitment there?

Forget Nancy Grace, THIS needs to be on the WALL of SHAME imo. What's the process for getting it there?

Nosy by Nature and a Websleuther by choice

Quote Originally Posted by Linda7NJ View Post

Forget Nancy Grace, THIS needs to be on the WALL of SHAME imo. What's the process for getting it there?
    Tricia Maybe she'll see this (I know she's busy moderating right now)!

Great idea, by the way!

Mel

Send Tricia a pm or email and recommend it!

Salem

We do have civil commitment - however our lovely Dept. of Mental Health was deceitful and circumvented the process so the paperwork could not be processed prior to releasing this POS.

Salem

I'm going to pass this link on to Marc Klaas also - he is probably aware, but I'm going to share anyway.

Salem

ETA: Marc has email addresses for both the Gov'r and the AG at this link: http://www.klaaskids.org/pg-calignorslaw.html

Given that this POS is scheduled for release TODAY, email may be a bit more effective?

Salem
    Last edited by Salem; 11-17-2010 at 01:46 PM.

Send Tricia a pm or email and recommend it!

Salem
    Done - thank you

Done for me too!

For anyone else, they can just copy the letter and paste it into the email boxes.

I modified the letter a bit - added some stuff about Mental Health being deceitful and added the part about this POS being paroled and sent back in 10 days for messing with his GPS device!

Salem

Done for me too!

For anyone else, they can just copy the letter and paste it into the email boxes.

I modified the letter a bit - added some stuff about Mental Health being deceitful and added the part about this POS being paroled and sent back in 10 days for messing with his GPS device!

Salem
    Unfortunately, from his short lived freedom, I can see it coming. What's the first thing he does? Sits himself by a school, and tampers with his GPS. What next you ask? He'll find the first little girl he can find. Then what? The parents go through an unbelievable greiving process, and the idiots get sued to the hilt.

This could be avoided by placing this POS back in jail. He's already shown us that he has no intention of complying with parole!

Mel

Salem, I just free-wrote an email to the Governor because it said not to add attachments as it would be seen as a possible virus?

Can we cut and paste and know that it will reach the intended recipient?

TIA!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast