Jim Morrison - Pardon Me?

Should Jim Morrison Be Pardoned?

• Total voters

Steely Dan

Former Member
Reaction score
Link

Florida Gov. Charlie Crist Wants Pardon for Legendary Rocker Jim Morrison

Florida Gov. Charlie Crist, with only a few months left is his term, wants his state to pardon posthumously the legendary rock singer Jim Morrison, who was convicted of exposing himself at a wild concert with his group, the Doors, in Miami 41 years ago....

It doesn't bug me because this seems to be a time waster. It's really nothing Morrison found shameful and his fans find it interesting as part of his legend, IMO. It's just a who gives a flying Duck.

For full disclosure; I think Jim Morrison is the most overrated rock star in history, JMO.

He was not a great poet, Bob Dylan is the greatest rock poet, IMO, and I'm not that big of a Dylan fan.

JM has been dead for years.
Why waste the money?
The way JM acted is part of his true story.

Who cares? Big waste of time and taxpayers' money.

I agree with your statement that Morrison was overrated.
I like Dylan, but disagree with him being the greatest rock poet.

That honor goes to Jackson Browne, IMO.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPk11AugG4c"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPk11AugG4c[/ame]

Written when he was 16.

I think it's funny that the Governor thinks that the indecency charge is JM's legacy. There is a lot more to his legacy than that, continual over indulging, behaving like an a@@ to women, friends, band mates. He seemed to be a gifted poet, imo, but a horrible, narcissistic personality. I think he should drop it.

I was going to vote who the he77 cares but then decided I would trust the soft feathered emus with this very important decisioni.

I say don't change history, don't waste the time, and let dead people rest in peace. There is absolutely no reason to bring this up now. If the dude was alive, yah, maybe I'd think twice. But now? No way Jose.

MOO

Mel

What does he think he's gonna rise from the grave and thank him. Jim liked being a part of the revolution , as a mater of fact he probably would be mad if anything. He was a lawless rebel and IMO I think we should leave him that way.

What does he think he's gonna rise from the grave and thank him.

That I would like to see, legalmania because I don't think he's even in that grave. We made the trek to see the grave. Meanwhile some tour guide told us that people in France and in Pere Lachaise in particular don't stay in the grave itself. You sort of rent it. There's not enough room in cem's for all the bodies so after X amount of years they move you. So wouldn't they move The Lizard King?

Please don't quote me on timelines and where the bodies go because I hardly paid attention because I was searching for Oscar Wilde. Meanwhile this dude is worrying about this? I agree I bet Morrison would have been mad knowing he would get pardoned.

No. It would dishonor his legend.

Filly: "Searching for Oscar Wilde". I like that. lol

What does he think he's gonna rise from the grave and thank him. Jim liked being a part of the revolution , as a mater of fact he probably would be mad if anything. He was a lawless rebel and IMO I think we should leave him that way.

:laugh::laugh: No I dont think he will raise from his grave to thank anyone LOL its not about a thank you :innocent:
but I think it was a bit harsh...convicted of exposing himself at a wild concert :waitasec:
We all walked around half naked back then and went to nude beaches too.

I liked Jim Morison and I loved Bob Dylan too.
If I may say "those were the days" Great days in our country.

I voted YES.
Hey Dan can you dig up anything else from the 60's you seem to be on a roll :laugh::laugh:
How about MM's death or one of my friends the legendary "Divine" (that was way after the 60"s) :(

I think it's funny that the Governor thinks that the indecency charge is JM's legacy. There is a lot more to his legacy than that, continual over indulging, behaving like an a@@ to women, friends, band mates. He seemed to be a gifted poet, imo, but a horrible, narcissistic personality. I think he should drop it.
Maybe he liked his music and feels it was a bit over the top
"convicted of exposing himself at a wild concert" when everyone else was running around half naked :innocent:

Thanks! Your choices are hilarious- I especially love the emu one- but when I thought of Mr. Reubens I just couldn't not write it in.

Well, he's been pardoned;

http://www.cnn.com/2010/SHOWBIZ/Music/12/09/ent.jim.morrison.pardon/index.html?hpt=T2

...Morrison's widow, Patricia Kennealy Morrison, who opposed the pardon, said she was not surprised at the outcome, given the fans who were supporting it.

"Since the original charges and trial were a publicity stunt to begin with, it doesn't surprise me in the slightest that the pardon should follow in those footsteps," she told CNN. Her husband "did nothing to be pardoned for" and his record should have been expunged, Patricia Morrison said....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lover305
Back