Page 4 of 65 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast
    I wonder if this timeframe is accurate. This is the first time that I heard when the purchase was made, but before makes it sound like this wasn't a spur of the moment crime.

"Suspect Matthew J Hoffman was known to have bought tarps and trash bags before the three vanished along with 13-year-old Sarah Maynard, Herrmann's daughter who was found alive Sunday bound in the basement of Hoffman's home."

http://www.dispatch.com/live/content...r-miracle.html
    Last edited by Soul125; 11-17-2010 at 11:28 PM.

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Soul125 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    I might have missed it discussed earlier today, but, the suspects "truck" thing is getting to me.

What's the deal?
    I found it equally puzzling, that the article says
    The search was called off just before 1 p.m.

This wording implies to me that it's no longer needed, such as when the people have been found somewhere else, not that it has been completed.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to grayjay For This Useful Post:

belimom is offline Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter ~MLK Jr
    Quote Originally Posted by Soul125 View Post
    I wonder if this timeframe is accurate. This is the first time that I heard when the purchase was made, but before makes it sound like this wasn't a spur of the moment crime.

"Hoffman was known to have bought tarps and trash bags before the three vanished along with 13-year-old Sarah Maynard, Herrmann's daughter who was found alive Sunday bound in the basement of Hoffman's home."

Wow. Premeditation...

All along, I thought he just wanted Sarah but got surprised by the others and had to think up something to do with them as he went along. This changes everything... Thanks for posting.
    Fly high and free, Jhessye ~

My posts are meant to help think through possibilities and are strictly an additional opinion under circumstances when many points of view need to be considered. I apologize in advance to anyone whose potential involvement is contemplated in error. Please understand that much of what is happening is merely brainstorming during unfortunate events.

6. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to belimom For This Useful Post:

Forgive me for quoting myself AND carrying over a post from the last thread?

The article below has been altered since this afternoon, when Nursebeeme originally posted it.

The editor has changed this:

"vehicle matching one that the suspect might have had access to "

to this:

"he had seen a truck matching the description of the suspect's vehicle ".

Seems like a very specific edit, to me. I am not saying the suspect has a truck, perhaps it is the F150 of Tina's.

But, if it IS the suspects truck, and LE has got new leads since the vehicle info has been let out, why are they not releasing the info on the suspects truck???

Today, 01:42 PM
    nursebeeme
    my glass is half full

they have been searching mohican area
    Law enforcement officers and park rangers called off a search of the Pleasant Hill Lake area where they had been looking for three Knox County residents who have been missing since last Wednesday.

A ground, air and water search was initiated at about 10 a.m. after a vehicle matching one that the suspect might have had access to was spotted along the road leading to Mohican State Park Lodge.

As of 12:50 p.m., officials called off the search with nothing found.

http://www.times-gazette.com/news/article/4934025
    A ground, air and water search was initiated at about 10 a.m. after a retired police officer told Knox County authorities that, last Wednesday, he had seen a a truck matching the description of the suspect's vehicle parked along the road leading to Mohican State Park Lodge. He learned about the vehicle description from a news broadcast.

http://www.times-gazette.com/news/article/4934025

8. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Wondergirl For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by belimom View Post
    Wow. Premeditation...

All along, I thought he just wanted Sarah but got surprised by the others and had to think up something to do with them as he went along. This changes everything... Thanks for posting.
    Respectfully, we're jumping the gun here. It doesn't change anything until there is proof that the tarp(s) and garbage bags were used in a crime. Even then, it could be argued that they were originally bought for innocent reasons. Until matching items, preferably with MH's fingerprints on them, are found connected to victims, the receipt is merely a clue.

JMO
    Men are apt to mistake the strength of their feeling for the strength of their argument. - William E. Gladstone

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to antiquegirl For This Useful Post:

A vehicle he may have had access to would describe the silver truck parked in front of his house, which LE took on Sunday?

Does this mean THAT truck was his?

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Noway For This Useful Post:

sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    Quote Originally Posted by Soul125 View Post

"Hoffman was known to have bought tarps and trash bags before the three vanished along with 13-year-old Sarah Maynard, Herrmann's daughter who was found alive Sunday bound in the basement of Hoffman's home."

bold and big by me...

this is exactly what I was coming back to comment on..... there was also another article or post that said the receipt was found in tina's home..

so, if he comes to the house with his new purchases... say to do some work (ruse)... drops the receipt there and this is how they catch him... well... this surly speaks to premeditation..

I also refer back to the radio interview I posted in the last thread with the SA for his case in colorado. He described that crime as premeditated as well as the actions of a very sick individual.

It seems that he planned this out.

MOO

14. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:

On the 10:00 PM news on WTTE 28 in Columbus tonight, it was reported that there has been no credit card or financial activity of any kind since the two women disappeared last week and that hopes of the missing trio being found alive is diminishing each day. It also did say that there will be more ground searches tomorrow.

16. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to nerosleuth For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Forgive me for quoting myself AND carrying over a post from the last thread?

The article below has been altered since this afternoon, when Nursebeeme originally posted it.

The editor has changed this:

"vehicle matching one that the suspect might have had access to "

to this:

"he had seen a truck matching the description of the suspect's vehicle ".

Seems like a very specific edit, to me. I am not saying the suspect has a truck, perhaps it is the F150 of Tina's.

But, if it IS the suspects truck, and LE has got new leads since the vehicle info has been let out, why are they not releasing the info on the suspects truck???
    I think the edit reflects back on what the sheriff said in the presser... that there was confusion on the vehicle descriptions released yesterday... he reiterated that they were, in fact, in custody of police. He also, in a very kind way, said they had received a lot of tips on vehicles matching those descriptions but also a lot of questions on if they were still missing, etc...

18. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:

Did I not read that they first noticed him sitting in his car near a bike trail, not far from where Tina's truck was found? This was the same day her truck was found, but IDK whether it was before or after her truck was found.

ETA
    Correction: bike trail
    http://www.chillicothegazette.com/ar...06/1002/NEWS01

The sheriff said authorities first questioned Hoffman on Thursday, the day after Herrmann failed to show up for work at the Dairy Queen. Police found him sitting in his car near a bike trail opposite property owned by Kenyon College, near where Herrmann's pickup truck was found, Barber said.

20. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Noway For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Noway View Post
    Did I not read that they first noticed him sitting in his car near a hiking trail, not far from where Tina's truck was found? This was the same day her truck was found, but IDK whether it was before or after her truck was found.
    yes, it was in one of the pressers as well. Considering deputies responded to the area after the truck was found I would think it would be after??? but that is just a guess

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:

They may have connected the receipt to him, but that was not how they found him. At least not if you believe what was reported in that news article.

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Noway For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by nursebeeme View Post
    bold and big by me...

this is exactly what I was coming back to comment on..... there was also another article or post that said the receipt was found in tina's home..

so, if he comes to the house with his new purchases... say to do some work (ruse)... drops the receipt there and this is how they catch him... well... this surly speaks to premeditation..

I also refer back to the radio interview I posted in the last thread with the SA for his case in colorado. He described that crime as premeditated as well as the actions of a very sick individual.

It seems that he planned this out.

MOO
    Wow, I hadn't heard the receipt was possibly found in her home. I didn't read the article, do you by chance have a link anymore to it? Thanks

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Soul125 For This Useful Post:

"I'm expecting the worst but hoping for the best," said Jacki Mace, a manager at Sunset Lane Tanning, where Herrmann visited daily and Sprang visited less frequently but on a regular basis.

Mace, 20, said Herrmann was last in the salon Wednesday morning. She called Herrmann "a sweetheart."
    Ah, that's where I read that.

28. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Deeemdee For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Noway View Post
    They may have connected the receipt to him, but that was not how they found him. At least not if you believe what was reported in that news article.
    ?

Are you saying that LE followed up on his documented presence across the road from TH's truck at the College? Makes sense...part of their job. Or DNA on the beer cans or other evidence in Tina's home?

Or did I miss something?

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cazzie For This Useful Post:

Page 4 of 65 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast