Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: 2010.11.18 AB/EB Court Dates - Other Charges [MERGED]

Quote Originally Posted by westsidefox64 View Post
    why do they keep changing dates? Zarah didnt get 2 more weeks!!!
    Frustrating isn't it? imho it's because more charges are to come for her

and others.
    The Soul is never complete; it's continually in a state of becoming more. That's why you are Forever.

Justice for Stacy Peterson & Kathleen Savio

Find Stacy Peterson|timeline

Life is an Echo. Everything comes back; the good, the evil, the truth, the false. Karma escapes no one.

Every 16 minutes someone dies by suicide.

Make a Difference. Save a Life. Walk in 2014
    Shedding light on the epidemic of suicide by giving survivors a voice.
    http://www.theovernight.org/

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to NoeticSoul For This Useful Post:

Adam Baker: 'I want to make sure she gets what she deserves'
    He wants to see justic done, take Zahra back to Australia for burial

Zahra Baker’s father, Adam, made an appearance in Newton’s Superior Court on Monday. He was there to answer to charges unrelated to his 10-year-old daughter’s murder and dismemberment.

As he left the courtroom, Baker spoke briefly to the media about his hopes and plans.

more at http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/2...ut-ar-1198451/
    Rest in Peace
    Joey, Summer, Gianni & Joseph Mateo

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to panthera For This Useful Post:

^

Too bad he didn't want to make sure that Zahra got everything that she deserved in her life. She deserved so much.

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to dar107 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by AlexLouise44 View Post
    They won't charge him unless they have everything together. So I am guessing that by the time this court date rolls around they will have the results of the remains they found. This case is just breaking my heart.
    That's probably so about charging him -- just to make sure he sticks around and throw whatever booking they can at him when the relevant facts are at hand.

He's good for at least MURDER SECOND DEGREE (ACCES A/F) -- that's what Drew Shaw pleaded in the murder of Matthew Silliman in Raleigh, NC -- he wasn't present at the time of the murder, and his role in the whole thing was very, very limited -- he did know it was to take place, so he could have reported it before it was scheduled to be carried out, but of course, he didn't. Shaw took an Alford plea and is serving 3y/9m to 5y/3m. I doubt they would let AB take an Alford plea, but the 2nd-access a/f sounds like at least something, and his sentence could be higher if it is judged as "aggravated" (duh).

This is from the North Carolina General Statutes under

Chapter 14 - Criminal Law.
    Article 1 - Felonies and Misdemeanors

Article 39 - Protection of Minors§ 14‑318.4. Child abuse a felony.
    ."(a4) A parent or any other person providing care to or supervision of a child less than 16 years of age whose willful act or grossly negligent omission in the care of the child shows a reckless disregard for human life is guilty of a Class E felony if the act or omission results in serious bodily injury to the child. (a5) A parent or any other person providing care to or supervision of a child less than 16 years of age whose willful act or grossly negligent omission in the care of the child shows a reckless disregard for human life is guilty of a Class H felony if the act or omission results in serious physical injury to the child."

And the above law has nothing to do with homicide -- it is just under "abuse," etc. And if Zahra did die from gangrene leading to sepsis(as I think she may very well have), don't tell me that he didn't smell a foul and putrid odor in the house (please excuse this horrible fact), because it is a part of it, and is essentially the decomposition of an area of the body that is already dying. His little girl. Did he ever really love her?? Arrrrrggghhh. So many, many people let her down. Such a waste and outrage.

ETA: see: http://www.ncga.state.nc.us/gascript...statutestoc.pl

Last edited by borndem; 07-12-2011 at 05:51 PM.

All posts, unless attributed, are "just my humble opinion," and they are to remain here in Websleuths and are not to be used elsewhere. Thank you.

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
    William Shakespeare, King Richard II

The Angel of the Waters, Bethesda Terrace, Central Park, New York City

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to borndem For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Flakes View Post
    OK, so tomorrow (well day after since in the US) is the date scheduled in court for the charges:
    – OBSTRUCTING JUSTICE FELONY
    SECOND DEGREE MURDER; AGGRAVATING FACTORS

WOW. I can't even begin to imagine the next few days.
    BBM - In NC, 2nd Degree, Aggr. Factors, Level I, is 157--196 months -- IF the person has not committed other certain crimes prior to this sentencing (not stuff like bad checks, etc.). Points are given for prior felonies, and there are levels for sentencing based on these points; the higher the point level, the more time that can be given. Level II - Aggr, for example, is 180 to 225 mos; Level III, Aggr, is 207 to 258 mos, and so on. So let's hope the other felonies are sentenced before the 2nd degree trial and (I hope) conviction.

A sentence of 13--16 years is not enuff, but it is something -- and she will not be a favorite in prison...heh, heh.... NC prisons are okay for the most part, but they are not "country clubs" and her custody s/be "close" which is limiting also, and she looks very likely, to me -- if she does go to prison -- to incur infractions which can also cramp your freedom... I think she would be a total banshee while serving a lengthy sentence. But I am getting ahead of things, I know...

All posts, unless attributed, are "just my humble opinion," and they are to remain here in Websleuths and are not to be used elsewhere. Thank you.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to borndem For This Useful Post:

snipped:

Adam said the recent indictments of Elisa on drug charges was another case of that. Baker said he knew nothing about the alleged drug deals that federal authorities have charges Elisa with.

He said he knew she was taking prescription pain killers, but never saw anything that indicated she was selling them.

http://www.wbtv.com/story/15063032/a...t-she-deserves

My questions are: why did Adam Baker try to rundown a car with an occupant (BB) who owed drug money? Is he the type of person who automatically threatens people without knowing the reason behind it?

Where did they get money for living expenses before Adam got the tree service job? I would think a man of the house would know where the money is coming from if he wasn't working.

What medical reason was behind Elisa taking pain pills? Have we ever heard Adam say she was in pain for whatever reason/disease?

By the way, when will he be in court for the BB threatening charge?

IMO his statement above is nothing but pure defensive Bull and full of holes & lies!

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hickory Born For This Useful Post:

Originally Posted by Mountain_Kat [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6292274#post6292274"][/ame]
    She doesn't need medical attention. She needs acting lessons.

Quote Originally Posted by badhorsie View Post
    or a good slapping
    She also needs for the rest of her life, IMO!!!

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to borndem For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hickory Born View Post
    snipped:

Adam said the recent indictments of Elisa on drug charges was another case of that. Baker said he knew nothing about the alleged drug deals that federal authorities have charges Elisa with.

He said he knew she was taking prescription pain killers, but never saw anything that indicated she was selling them.

http://www.wbtv.com/story/15063032/a...t-she-deserves

My questions are: why did Adam Baker try to rundown a car with an occupant (BB) who owed drug money? Is he the type of person who automatically threatens people without knowing the reason behind it?

Where did they get money for living expenses before Adam got the tree service job? I would think a man of the house would know where the money is coming from if he wasn't working.

What medical reason was behind Elisa taking pain pills? Have we ever heard Adam say she was in pain for whatever reason/disease?

IMO his statement above is nothing but pure defensive Bull and full of holes & lies!
    Hi Hickory!

I call BS too. He's still spewing "non truths". On the other hand, SOME people got very, very quiet, eh? Those drug deals were a group ('family') effort conducted online & off. More hammers will fall.

The Soul is never complete; it's continually in a state of becoming more. That's why you are Forever.

Justice for Stacy Peterson & Kathleen Savio

Find Stacy Peterson|timeline

Life is an Echo. Everything comes back; the good, the evil, the truth, the false. Karma escapes no one.

Every 16 minutes someone dies by suicide.

Make a Difference. Save a Life. Walk in 2014
    Shedding light on the epidemic of suicide by giving survivors a voice.
    http://www.theovernight.org/

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to NoeticSoul For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by westsidefox64 View Post
    why do they keep changing dates? Zarah didnt get 2 more weeks!!!
    Her lowness, EB, needs an appointment secretary with a pencil -- not a pen -- to keep up with her trial dates -- not only do they change, seemingly weekly, but there are so many of them in more than one county. She has quite a string of big ones and little ones.

On another note, I surely hope that Judge Kincaid is a tough but fair judge and that he won't let EB get away with anything. The rubber is close to hitting the road, at least in some of her charges, I think.

And I know that AB is pretty low, too, but she sure did a number on him. He has nothing left, it appears but one new shirt. And poor sweet angel Zahra had nothing but he!! on earth from the day she stepped on American soil -- and possibly before that. I do wonder how things went between EB and Zahra while they were living together in Australia -- did AB see any hint of things to come? We'll never know, I'm sure.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to borndem For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hickory Born View Post
    snipped:

He said he knew she was taking prescription pain killers, but never saw anything that indicated she was selling them.http://www.wbtv.com/story/15063032/a...t-she-deserves

I am so sick of the Adam sees nothing knows nothing hears nothing crap, it's so old! Seriously, who does he think is going to beleive that lame preposturous excuse he gives for any and everything!

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dar107 For This Useful Post:

EB's attorney says the jury pool is tainted and filed for a change in venue. Where does he think he will find one who doesn't KNOW she murdered Zahra.
    A parole review date is set for July 21, 2012 for Fred Howard Coffey.

Coffey was convicted of the murder of 10 yr old Amanda Marie Ray, NC. He admitted to molesting 300 children.

Please write a letter on behalf of Amanda.

Suspect in the murders of:
    5 yr old Neely Smith, NC
    14 yr old Kathy Lynn Beatty, MD
    8 yr old Travis Shane King, VA

Possibly connected to the disappearances of:
    14 Yr old Tracy Anne King, PA
    11 yr old Sheila and 13 yr old Katherine Lyons, MD
    15 yr old Carolyn Majane, NJ

Write to:
    Chairman Charles L. Mann Sr.
    NC Post Release Supervision & Parole Commission
    P.O. Box 29540
    Raleigh, NC 27626-0540
    RE: Fred Howard Coffey, DOC# 0081135
    or send an email to parole@doc.state.nc.us
    http://justice4amanda.tripod.com/

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JeannieC For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by jeanniec View Post
    eb's attorney says the jury pool is tainted and filed for a change in venue. Where does he think he will find one who doesn't know she murdered zahra.
    florida??????????

24. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Alice Ramnit For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by alice ramnit View Post
    florida??????????
    amen!

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to boredhousewife For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by dar107 View Post

I am so sick of the Adam sees nothing knows nothing hears nothing crap, it's so old! Seriously, who does he think is going to beleive that lame preposturous excuse he gives for any and everything!
    One thing to remember is, he didn't slave away working from sunrise til after dark (sarcasm here) during the entire time Elisa was selling drugs. He only had this so-called demanding job with the tree service for about 6 mths. Therefore that excuse isn't going to work.

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hickory Born For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain_Kat View Post
    Good. Now where are AB's charges?
    Are they simply waiting for EB, in all her honesty to tell them what AB did -- she was an eyewitness, seems to me. Or will they offer him some kind of deal if he squeals on EB??

30. The Following User Says Thank You to borndem For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by JeannieC View Post
    EB's attorney says the jury pool is tainted and filed for a change in venue. Where does he think he will find one who doesn't KNOW she murdered Zahra.
    Perhaps he believes he'll find a jury in the same venue as JY's hung jury mistrial. Again, good luck!
    Rest in Peace
    Joey, Summer, Gianni & Joseph Mateo

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to panthera For This Useful Post:

August 1, 2011 Judge Grants Change of Venue

http://www.wcnc.com/news/local/Baker...125422688.html

Coffey was convicted of the murder of 10 yr old Amanda Marie Ray, NC. He admitted to molesting 300 children.

5 yr old Neely Smith, NC

Write to:
    P.O. Box 29540
    Raleigh, NC 27626-0540

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JeannieC For This Useful Post:

Was it ever stated when the trial is expected to take place?
    "Every case is a high profile one for me...that's why I examine the head in every case!"

Dr. Werner Spitz

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/m...ngs-%20Trials/

Case archive for Elisa's justice.

I attempted at first to keep the types of crimes together, but gave up. There's too many.

Now it is 'latest news first'.
    Photos from various cases (click on left-column names on the main photobucket page...they are in alphabetical order) http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/

"LIKE" CCA: Crankycrankerson Case Archives on facebook, and please share the link: https://www.facebook.com/pages/CCA-C...479258?sk=wall

37. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to AmandaReckonwith For This Useful Post:

Oriah is offline Verified Expert/Professional in SAR and K9SAR
    Personally, I don't think they're going to have a lot of luck in Greensboro, Winston-Salem, or Asheville.

They might want to go out of state.

Quote Originally Posted by JeannieC View Post
    August 1, 2011 Judge Grants Change of Venue

http://www.wcnc.com/news/local/Baker...125422688.html

39. The Following User Says Thank You to Oriah For This Useful Post:

Jury Selection from Where?

I think they will have a hard time finding a jury from most of the east coast. I have family and friends in several states in the east and they all know about Zahra Baker.

NC and SC are out of the equation if they want people who haven't heard everything about this murder. jmo

5 yr old Neely Smith, NC

Write to:
    P.O. Box 29540
    Raleigh, NC 27626-0540

Truly disturbing case. Elisa Baker reminds me of Gertrude Baniszewski. I wonder if anyone has ever profiled Elisa Baker. What is Baker's psychology like? I have read she is described as a psychopath and estranged from her own family.

42. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HMSHood For This Useful Post:

She makes Casey sound like a saint! The only decent thing Elisa did was leading the police to the remains, but that was only because they charged with 2nd degree murder instead of first!
    "Every case is a high profile one for me...that's why I examine the head in every case!"

Dr. Werner Spitz

44. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to allycat1208 For This Useful Post:

See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil

Quote Originally Posted by dar107 View Post

I agree. I believe he either stayed drunk or high and was so glad to have a woman in his life he accepted everything. Poor little Zahra. No one there for her. I'm sorry but I will never believe he is innocent............

5 yr old Neely Smith, NC

Write to:
    P.O. Box 29540
    Raleigh, NC 27626-0540

46. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JeannieC For This Useful Post:

2nd degree murder

Quote Originally Posted by allycat1208 View Post
    She makes Casey sound like a saint! The only decent thing Elisa did was leading the police to the remains, but that was only because they charged with 2nd degree murder instead of first!
    This is sad and frustrating too because EB will get credit for time served and she'll get credit for good behavior in prison. She'll be out in a few years. When she comes up for parole there won't be any of Zahra's family here to fight it. Although, I do know of petitiions that go around for others which have stopped paroles so I could be wrong about that.

5 yr old Neely Smith, NC

Write to:
    P.O. Box 29540