Page 13 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain_Kat View Post
    That says a whole lot about his maturity level, doesn't it?
    Really? The last week of the month we normally have maybe $100 between me and my husband. What does it say for us? It says we are stretched tight because we do for OTHERS. ( like us adopting the 4 children) it takes a lot to raise six children and help out others when needed. I'd reather have that small $100 bucks then have a million and not of broken the cycle. Just saying. How much $ someone has does not always say how mature they are or how good of a person they are.
    No one said breaking the cycle of abuse would be easy..... But Rewarding it is! Video of My blessings! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oG_H4Tk5gJs

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to 6angels For This Useful Post:

So does anyone know who this attorney is and what her possible interests may be:

http://www.wbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13662434

An attorney has filed a motion to have 30 search warrants in the Zahra Baker death investigation to be released to the public.

On Monday, December 13th, Attorney Amanda Martin filed a civil motion to have the remaining 30 search warrants unsealed.
    For now, its appears there may be a hearing on January 3rd to discuss Martin's motion requesting the release of the remaining warrants.

Any clues - locals any ideas ?
    Racing Doesn't Lie

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to raisincharlie For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by raisincharlie View Post
    So does anyone know who this attorney is and what her possible interests may be:

An attorney has filed a motion to have 30 search warrants in the Zahra Baker death investigation to be released to the public.

On Monday, December 13th, Attorney Amanda Martin filed a civil motion to have the remaining 30 search warrants unsealed.
    For now, its appears there may be a hearing on January 3rd to discuss Martin's motion requesting the release of the remaining warrants.

My first thoughts were this might be an atty for a media outlet. The media is generally front and center to request the search warrants are released to the public - but this is just my opinion. I do not know who this Atty represents in this case.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to wenwe4 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by salvarenga View Post
    The January 13th hearing is for a different set of warrants that they want to keep sealed.
    snipped from the link below

The Catawba County district attorney's office filed a motion Wednesday to move a hearing to discuss at least 20 sealed search warrants in the Zahra Baker investigation. The new date is Jan. 3, 2011

Prosecutor Sean McGinnis initially filed a motion on Nov. 29 to extend current sealing orders on all search warrants relating to the case. The warrants were initially sealed for 30 days. In the motion McGinnis filed on Nov. 29, it stated a hearing was set for Dec. 13 to discuss the sealing orders on the search warrants.

unsnipped

it was all the warrants, not unusual, get use to lots more like this

It will be a long ride unless deals are cut

http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/2...nts-ar-601764/

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Allusonz For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by wenwe4 View Post
    My first thoughts were this might be an atty for a media outlet. The media is generally front and center to request the search warrants are released to the public - but this is just my opinion. I do not know who this Atty represents in this case.
    That was my first thought as well - media. Will be interesting to find out what her interests are. Have not heard her name associated with a particular person either. Just curious. Maybe Google can be my friend.

Google says Raleigh and associates her with reporters and the press in general. Good guess then.
    Racing Doesn't Lie

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to raisincharlie For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain_Kat View Post
    That says a whole lot about his maturity level, doesn't it?
    Assets less liabilities = net worth

Not sure how you can determine a persons maturity level based on a net worth statement

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Allusonz For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by WhyaDuck? View Post
    Yes, I think we can leave the topic of how poverty reflects morality or character, IMO.

However, we should return to the subject of these other charges before some damn mod gets us.
    Bumping this.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to WhyaDuck? For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by raisincharlie View Post

Amanda Martin, a lawyer representing the Observer, the Hickory Daily Record and other media outlets, said the administrative order suggests the warrants should be made public because the 30-day limit has elapsed and no specific alternative date has been set.

She also argued in a recent letter that appellate courts have ruled that judges must state reasons, supported by specific findings, for closing trial proceedings or sealing search warrants. Her letter says a judge must enter the "most narrowly tailored order" that can meet the governmental interests compelling the closure.

"You will see that (the orders) are neither specific nor limited," her letter says. "Each order is both conclusory and speculative, stating that the release of information 'potentially' could undermine the interests of the State or of a defendant.... Moreover, each order is entirely open-ended.'"
    Martin, the general counsel to the North Carolina Press Association, said Monday: "The media plan to pursue their rights of access to the sealed warrant information."

my opinion...........and i happen to agree with it.....

16. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to lauriej For This Useful Post:

I just posted an updated article from the Hickory Record in the media thread. It updates what happened with the hearing today. It also states officially from the clerk of court that there have been 41 search warrants in total issued in this case.

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to salvarenga For This Useful Post:

Im confused by this! Does this mean that 2 of the warrants we have already seen are resealed? If so does this make any sense? Why reseal something everyone has already seen?

Id really like to see the rest of the warrants but not at the expence of prosecution.
    JMO

http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/2...ase-ar-614566/

A hearing in Catawba County Superior Court for a motion to unseal two search warrants in the Zahra Baker case was cancelled on Monday because the clerk of court released those warrants with the others on Nov. 30.

When Judge Nathaniel Poovey ordered the release of the warrants, these two warrants should not have been released, according to his order.

The two warrants that were under orders to be sealed are back under seal, as of Dec. 10. On the outside of the two search warrants is a copy of Poovey’s order, along with a note, stating they are resealed per an order signed by Poovey.
    GREAT MOUNTAINS OF HAPPINESS GROW OUT OF TINY HILLS OF KINDNESS

20. The Following User Says Thank You to westsidefox64 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by westsidefox64 View Post
    Im confused by this! Does this mean that 2 of the warrants we have already seen are resealed? If so does this make any sense? Why reseal something everyone has already seen?

Id really like to see the rest of the warrants but not at the expence of prosecution.
    JMO
    ..no, when the warrants were released on november 30th, 2 were held back, remaining "under seal".

..a hearing was to be held december 13th, on those 2 alone.

http://charlotte.news14.com/content/...hra-baker-case

"Meanwhile, the search warrants released Tuesday ,Nov.30, shed some light on the investigation into Zahra's death."

"There are two more search warrants the judge did not make public. A hearing will be held on Dec. 13 to see if they will be released."
    my opinion...........and i happen to agree with it.....

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lauriej For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by 6angels View Post
    Really? The last week of the month we normally have maybe $100 between me and my husband. What does it say for us? It says we are stretched tight because we do for OTHERS. ( like us adopting the 4 children) it takes a lot to raise six children and help out others when needed. I'd reather have that small $100 bucks then have a million and not of broken the cycle. Just saying. How much $ someone has does not always say how mature they are or how good of a person they are.
    This comment of mine was from quite some time ago, and I clarified what I meant shortly after I posted.
    People seldom do what they believe in. They do what is convenient, then repent. ~ Bob Dylan

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mountain_Kat For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by westsidefox64 View Post

JMO

http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/2...ase-ar-614566/

A hearing in Catawba County Superior Court for a motion to unseal two search warrants in the Zahra Baker case was cancelled on Monday because the clerk of court released those warrants with the others on Nov. 30.

When Judge Nathaniel Poovey ordered the release of the warrants, these two warrants should not have been released, according to his order.

The two warrants that were under orders to be sealed are back under seal, as of Dec. 10. On the outside of the two search warrants is a copy of Poovey’s order, along with a note, stating they are resealed per an order signed by Poovey.
    This is what I got from the article, and I will be the first to admit that I could be wrong:

Anyways, I took it to meant that when the the large group of search warrants were released. The two search warrants for the house dates 10/27 and 10/29 were NOT supposed to be released as their 30 day seal had not expired. According to the clerk of court, that is not the way that they interpreted the judge's order and that is why they were in the group that were released. So now, these two warrants are back under seal...which I don't know how you can do that since the cat is already out of the bag. The hearing for yesterday was supposed to be about unsealing these two warrants but since they were already out...the hearing was moot.

Did that make any sense or did I just confuse the issue more?

26. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to salvarenga For This Useful Post:

much more clear than mud.
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tlcya For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by salvarenga View Post
    This is what I got from the article, and I will be the first to admit that I could be wrong:

Anyways, I took it to meant that when the the large group of search warrants were released. The two search warrants for the house dates 10/27 and 10/29 were NOT supposed to be released as their 30 day seal had not expired. According to the clerk of court, that is not the way that they interpreted the judge's order and that is why they were in the group that were released. So now, these two warrants are back under seal...which I don't know how you can do that since the cat is already out of the bag. The hearing for yesterday was supposed to be about unsealing these two warrants but since they were already out...the hearing was moot.

Did that make any sense or did I just confuse the issue more?
    I wonder if the list of items taken from the house was the part they did not want released.

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to wenwe4 For This Useful Post:

Page 13 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast