Two (2) Hairs

Hmmm! Dunno. I thought the hearing tomorrow was about JB wanting testing on two items, but not that they were hairs. Interesting!

I think one hair is the death band hair. Some other hairs they found were tested and they belonged to lab personnal but one additional hair could not be tied to the lab so marked unknown.

Interesting comments in Henry Lee's book "The Real World of a Forensic Scientist"...

pg 293 discusses Joyce Gilchrist, a technician that testified about hairs in such a way as to imply that her microscopic comparison was a "match"...

Lee: "Even though every well trained forensic scientist knows that hairs can only be "similar" and never associated with one and only one source."

In a previous case where she testified, the case was overturned because the state supreme court said her hair testimony was improper and outside the standards of forensic science.

I could be wrong here but, I think two hairs were found on the paper towels, that were in the trash bag, that was once in the car. One was several inches long, and light brown in color. the other one was short and dark. I read this somewhere recently. I think that might be what you are talking about? The hair found with the death band is separate.

that's true (the hairs found in the bag from the trunk along with the paper towels that reportedly had death wax).

not sure if this pertains but there was also the hair that was found on or in the Disney bag that was next to Caylee's remains (the bag with the gatorade bottle and syringe in it), that hair was not a match to Casey, Caylee, or several investigators whose hair had been compared so far (last I read but I haven't read on the case for a few months, I may have some catching up to do). Hopefully we'll be hearing more about all of these.

Also, I always hoped the defense or someone would have DNA run on the urine that was in the crystal light bottle (also from the bag that had the "grave wax" paper towels in it, from the trunk IIRC.)

Interesting comments in Henry Lee's book "The Real World of a Forensic Scientist"...

pg 293 discusses Joyce Gilchrist, a technician that testified about hairs in such a way as to imply that her microscopic comparison was a "match"...

Lee: "Even though every well trained forensic scientist knows that hairs can only be "similar" and never associated with one and only one source."

In a previous case where she testified, the case was overturned because the state supreme court said her hair testimony was improper and outside the standards of forensic science.

Here is a report about a case which the Forensic Scientist Joyce Gilchrist worked on:

'Beatrice Six' case a shocker for former FBI profiler

Beatrice Six - Wikipedia

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knovah