1470 users online (295 members and 1175 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Froglady View Post
    Fairy1 any chance you could look at my note just before yours and give your thoughts please? I'm in aus so don't really know who I would send info to :/
    Mark Weisman's physical stats are very similar, IMO. I notice it's stated he had had a broken shoulder that healed badly which is not noted with the UID. But that doesn't really mean anything - to me.

I believe I sent the Martin Miller submission to Chris Edwards, whose e-mail link can be found on the UID NamUs page. I'm at work now but I sent the e-mail from my home computer - that's why I'm not sure! Will check tonight and follow-up as I've not had any response.

I sent the Martin Miller submission to Michael Nance and never received a response. Have forwarded it to Chris Edwards now and hope for an answer!

Nice find Fairy. I suspect the UID is not Miller as the UID had "1 small circular scar on left ankle" and no reference to an appendectomy that Miller had.

Quote Originally Posted by Fairy1 View Post
    What about Martin Miller:

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...er_martin.html

Can't explain the nearly 4 year gap, but other stats are close and faces appear to be very similar to me. Should be easily ruled based on dentals.

Thank you

You should submit MarK Weisman

Quote Originally Posted by airplanelamp View Post
    You should submit MarK Weisman
    I don't really know how to :/ I've never submitted a name before. I thought maybe someone who has done so in the past maybe could

I am not sure if I can post this....but, here is the link to a postmortem picture of the UID.

*WARNING: Graphic*

http://ctcoldcases.com/hitchhikermorgue.jpg
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 07-27-2014 at 05:52 PM. Reason: Emphsized graphic content warning.

I am guessing the men exchanged pleasantries. I find it hard to believe they didn't know each others first name. Granted, some don't always give their legal name, but it might be helpful.

His DNA is finally in the system

Today marks 31 years since he died. I hope he will be identified before the next anniversary of his death.
    Who was Walker County Jane Doe?

John Doe - February 9, 1968 - Facebook Page, Websleuths Thread
    John Doe - October 31, 1967 - Facebook Page, Websleuths Thread

I have to ask - is this being treated as a suicide by LEs and MEs? It seems like a suicide to me if the doe didn't get out if the car like the other guy did, the survivor. I find it odd that the doe wouldn't disclose his name to the man he hitched with. I saw on doenet that they ate breakfast together - surely if they were that friendly he might have said his name, of course it is possible to lie.
    Everything I ever say is my own opinion, I never intend to offend anyone!

Who is Walker County Jane Doe?

Guys do that. My middle son had a friend in high school who he had been socializing with for about six weeks. They wanted to do something together that caused me to ask, "What's your friend's name? I'll call his mother and make the arrangements." Son looked blank, thought a minute, and said, "You know, I never asked."

Opinions expressed are strictly my own (who else would they belong to???)

I don't think it's that much of a stretch to think that they never gave each other names.

Anyway, I think zelda_s brings up a good point, was this ruled a suicide? Because that was my first thought upon hearing this story. I hope he does get his name back, I'm sure someone is looking for him. He's too old to be a typical teenaged runaway.
    Proverbs 19:17

Buckskin Girl - Facebook page - Websleuths thread
    Arroyo Grande Jane Doe - Facebook page - Websleuths thread

Quote Originally Posted by Springrain View Post
    I don't think it's that much of a stretch to think that they never gave each other names.

Anyway, I think zelda_s brings up a good point, was this ruled a suicide? Because that was my first thought upon hearing this story. I hope he does get his name back, I'm sure someone is looking for him. He's too old to be a typical teenaged runaway.
    Exactly. There's no reason for him NOT to try to escape the car, unless he actually wanted to die. There is a small possibility he had mental health issues which distorted his ideas about being in the drowning car - he may have been deluded and believed that he could breathe underwater or something. I don't know much about autopsies, but if they checked his brain, they may have detected if he had mental health issues (e.g. Schizophrenic brains produce extra dopamine).

To me, he seemed well-groomed. He had fairly 'nice' clothes on, and well-maintained facial hair. I wonder why he was going to California.

Ok, so, I've been combing doe for possible matches. They might not be dead- on, but a couple seemed good :

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1032dmny.html
    - Mark Zeichner. He's in the age range, he somewhat resembles the doe, and their hair seems similar. The height is a bit off, though. Also, he has a mental illness and this doe seems like he could have one.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2063dmnj.html
    Edward DuBarry has facial hair very much like the doe in one of the photos, which struck me. He's a bit too old, though. The 'scar on chin' interests me though.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/4312dmfl.html
    Lloyd Gilsdorf also has brown hair and facial hair. He is a bit short though.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast