Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: OH - Tina Herrmann, K Maynard, S Sprang, Murdered, 11.10.2010 - 13 yo rescued #7

Quote Originally Posted by hollye View Post
    I am not really seeing 3/4 of a mile into the woods from any direction in that general location though, so maybe they meant from the road?
    That intersection is as specific as we can get right now I think. They aren't saying in which direction from there (only "near" that intersection).

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to CKay For This Useful Post:

sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    this guy is a loner... no WAY ((((imhoo)))) he had any sort of accomplice EVER in his life of crime.

moo...
    This bee my opinion

4. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Lera213 View Post
    Yeah this wasn't a rage, this was planned which lead me to believe he has done this before. He hasn't perfected his crime though so that bothers me. Unless he acted on it sooner then he had planned. His arousal in the planning stage made him move faster perhaps?

All I know is this guy was ODD to many, arson in his past, his MO probably started out arson, and he switched MO's maybe a few times. He was trying to find out what worked best.
    BBM
    Could the arson of been to cover up murders and no one caught that?
    Seems he got worse and worse.........3 victims would of never been found IMO, in a tree...........who would ever think of that?

O/T Now I am thinking of Kyron in a tree?????
    Kyron, HALEIGH, ADJI & Gabriel NEEDS PRAYERS NOW TO FIND THEM!. Zahra & Jonathan in heaven
    Justice for Hailey!!!!
    No Justice for Caylee Marie..........

6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to passionflower For This Useful Post:

How sad, Sarah's cousin was just on Nancy Grace and she said Sarah's great grandfather passed away today also.

So much loss for one family. I hope they all get the help they will need in the coming months...Sarah especially.
    Justice for Nevaeh FB Group http://bit.ly/justice4nevaeh

In Memory of Aja D. Johnson:
    http://bit.ly/AjaFacebookGroup

In Memory of Ethan Stacy -
    http://bit.ly/inmemoryofethan

Nancy Grace is talking to a relative of Tina's daughter right now.

Relative has said that the poor child's great grandfather has recently passed away and that the grandfather didn't know what happened to her family.

9. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to nerosleuth For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by nursebeeme View Post
    for those not following this case and all it's miriad of links from the start...

it seems that this MONSTER has been pegged by neighbors and friends and most people who have ever lived in the vicinity of him as 'strange', 'bad' and other various other expletives.

He seemed to have grown up in the warren area of Ohio and than moved to the howard area where he attended HS/vocational school.

Somehow from there he ends up out in Colorado... in a similar small town like Mount Vernon, as a plumber in Steam Boat Springs, Colorado. He gets a call to a condo unit and later takes keys from that condo unit to steal a car from another condo unit. He methodically goes out, after the theft, to get 10 gallons of gas... carts them past young and old alike living there at the time (per SA interview on the case linked in past threads) and lights a fire and drives off. The SA in that case does NOT think the fire was to cover his crime.

He serves roughly six years for this crime in colorado and he is released on parole... Where does he come? yes.. back to knox county ohio. The home where he was listed as living was owned by his parents (((not throwing blame here by the way just stating his money facts... I actually feel very badly for them...))). Even though unemployed.. and seen lounging in his trees and aggitating neighbors... he only held a job for 8 days... and at that job he failed to include his criminal past upon application. He recently broke up with a girlfriend and was described by current neighbors as strange... much like the descriptions of neighbors in his youth.

He has now apparently led detectives to a hollow tree where he shoved the bodies of Tina, Stephanie, and Kody... ensconsed in trash bags. No confirmation on how they died, if they were bound, or if they were intact... but it was ensured that great care was taken to ensure the dignity of the recovery of their remains... and I know in my SOUL this Sheriff will take that to the bank.

Rest in peace
    Tina.
    Kody.
    Stephanie.

And let us NOT forget Stephanie... not much has been revealed about her.. and her name was ((I am sure as an error by the prosecutor)) left out of the presser... but stephanie, your smile was contagious..and it is a DAMN SHAME that you will not be able to share it with anyone else on earth. I look forward to seeing it someday in heaven ((and yes I plan on going there lol))

If I left anything out sorry..
    BBM
    Thanks so much Nurse,
    I was trying to do a timeline where he lived...............now we know.
    Kyron, HALEIGH, ADJI & Gabriel NEEDS PRAYERS NOW TO FIND THEM!. Zahra & Jonathan in heaven
    Justice for Hailey!!!!

11. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to passionflower For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Lera213 View Post
    his adrenalin was pumping and don't forget he store them away...his trophy so he could come back and visit them. Most all killers will take a trophy, he wanted this 16 year old all to himself for whatever his fantasy was and that involved time! That poor child will need counseling for the rest of her life. Let us hope and pray this child's community all look after her. Keep her out of drugs and stuff because the stress, guilt, fear she will be going through will be very hard.
    Just an FYI ~ Sarah is 13, not 16.

belimom is offline Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter ~MLK Jr
    (((((hugs to WS'ers)))))

I all of a sudden need to get away from this case. Really getting to me... and just on the heels of Zahra...

Take care - I'm signing out for awhile.
    Fly high and free, Jhessye ~

My posts are meant to help think through possibilities and are strictly an additional opinion under circumstances when many points of view need to be considered. I apologize in advance to anyone whose potential involvement is contemplated in error. Please understand that much of what is happening is merely brainstorming during unfortunate events.

so much loss for Sarah....
    how can one child bear all of this???????????

This poor child..... I don't cry easily as a seasoned trauma nurse..... but let me tell you I am doing it now.....
    This bee my opinion

Young age Warren, Ohio
    High school/VS age Howard Area, Ohio
    In his 20's? Steamboat Springs, CO
    6 years in jail CO (2001-2007???)
    2007 til present Knox Cty, OHIO
    Last edited by passionflower; 11-18-2010 at 10:09 PM. Reason: added more info
    Justice for Hailey!!!!

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to passionflower For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by nursebeeme View Post
    for those not following this case and all it's miriad of links from the start...

it seems that this MONSTER has been pegged by neighbors and friends and most people who have ever lived in the vicinity of him as 'strange', 'bad' and other various other expletives.

He seemed to have grown up in the warren area of Ohio and than moved to the howard area where he attended HS/vocational school.

Somehow from there he ends up out in Colorado... in a similar small town like Mount Vernon, as a plumber in Steam Boat Springs, Colorado. He gets a call to a condo unit and later takes keys from that condo unit to steal a car from another condo unit. He methodically goes out, after the theft, to get 10 gallons of gas... carts them past young and old alike living there at the time (per SA interview on the case linked in past threads) and lights a fire and drives off. The SA in that case does NOT think the fire was to cover his crime.

He serves roughly six years for this crime in colorado and he is released on parole... Where does he come? yes.. back to knox county ohio. The home where he was listed as living was owned by his parents (((not throwing blame here by the way just stating his money facts... I actually feel very badly for them...))). Even though unemployed.. and seen lounging in his trees and aggitating neighbors... he only held a job for 8 days... and at that job he failed to include his criminal past upon application. He recently broke up with a girlfriend and was described by current neighbors as strange... much like the descriptions of neighbors in his youth.

He has now apparently led detectives to a hollow tree where he shoved the bodies of Tina, Stephanie, and Kody... ensconsed in trash bags. No confirmation on how they died, if they were bound, or if they were intact... but it was ensured that great care was taken to ensure the dignity of the recovery of their remains... and I know in my SOUL this Sheriff will take that to the bank.

Rest in peace
    Tina.
    Kody.
    Stephanie.

And let us NOT forget Stephanie... not much has been revealed about her.. and her name was ((I am sure as an error by the prosecutor)) left out of the presser... but stephanie, your smile was contagious..and it is a DAMN SHAME that you will not be able to share it with anyone else on earth. I look forward to seeing it someday in heaven ((and yes I plan on going there lol))

If I left anything out sorry..
    Thank you. If I may add:

And let's not forget a beautiful, innocent 13-year-old girl, Sarah, who witnessed or heard something so horrific that it can't even be imagined. She was then hauled to this predator's basement, bound and gagged, and subjected to still unknown more horrors. She spent four days in what must have been abject terror. She now faces the knowledge that her mother and little brother are gone forever at the hands of a monster. We can be sure that she will never be innocent again. Her life is changed forever. May she somehow find strength and peace in the near future.

R.I.P. Tina, Kody, and Stephanie
    Men are apt to mistake the strength of their feeling for the strength of their argument. - William E. Gladstone

I can't even begin to tell you how my sense of security and safety has been shattered. I always lock my windows and doors, as I grew up in the city and was always taught not to trust people. However, we moved here and I've stayed here due to how safe it is. I know this doesn't make Mt. Vernon an "unsafe place", but it does make me leary of everything now. Double checking windows and doors, driving my daughter to school and picking her up instead of letting her ride the bus, and waking up in the middle of the night periodically to check on all 4 of my girls.

I couldn't watch the press conference without crying. The horror that poor girl, Sarah, went through... I couldn't even imagine.

And thinking about how this creep lived right down the street from my oldest daughter's elementary gives me the chills. What if he targeted her?

I figure I'll probably have problems sleeping until I know this guy is in prison for good, but even then... my world has been changed forever.
    "Anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices." -Voltaire
    R.I.P. Tina Hermann, Kody Maynard, and Stephanie Sprang

Gone but never forgotten.

Seth Andrew
    4/17/2012
    Born at home into his daddy's hands
    11 lbs.
    20.5"

Another screen shot of MH signing in at the gym. Wonder if he has a smirk like that on his face now. It's even creepier looking at his pictures now knowing what he did.
    Link to video
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Everyone sees who you appear to be.....few really know who you are.

20. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to mahmoo For This Useful Post:

trust me... this guy is a monster to go into the future monster text books of the world....

-Sheriff says he is still in a suicide gown (presser)
    -shared info on exactly where to find the bodies
    death penalty deal?
    ~thoughts??????
    This bee my opinion

22. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by hollye View Post
    Where I currently have the marker is approximately 3/4 from the intersection of Yankee & Waterford.
    http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en...38409&t=h&z=15
    hollye, thanks for all the great work on your map!

If you're not sure of the location, you could compare your map with the aerial footage from the 10tv.com video from today. Those overhead views showed the location of the LE/CS vehicles near the edge of the woods. Not sure if it really showed how far into the woods they were working, though. I'm not sure that matters, KWIM?

24. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Cazzie For This Useful Post:

broke up recently with girlfriend...............would love to hear more about him from her......
    she is so lucky to get away from him!
    Justice for Hailey!!!!

26. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to passionflower For This Useful Post:

One question that keeps coming up in the back of my mind. I wonder if he has a generator?
    With his electricity cut off and he being in the tree trimming business on and off for me it opens up some possibilities. Abandoned houses, camping, you name it. Some generators can be very portable. Just has my mind thinking on several possibilities. Anyone have any thoughts on this or am I way off base?

28. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Coldpizza For This Useful Post:

the rescue of sarah is the miracle in this...
    This bee my opinion

Apparently he cut the utilities off for something but I don't know if I should say here since it's all rumor. However the person I got it from got it from someone in LE. But it makes sense considering the house was lined with bags of leaves....
    "Anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices." -Voltaire

Seth Andrew
    4/17/2012
    11 lbs.
    20.5"

31. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Ronso For This Useful Post:

ok, been gone all day....Did they find the bodies? So sorry, I should have read back...

33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Coldpizza For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Coldpizza View Post
    ok, been gone all day....Did they find the bodies? So sorry, I should have read back...
    yes

35. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to peeples For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ronso View Post
    Apparently he cut the utilities off for something but I don't know if I should say here since it's all rumor. However the person I got it from got it from someone in LE. But it makes sense considering the house was lined with bags of leaves....
    I'd like to hear it

37. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to peeples For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Coldpizza View Post
    The Columbus Dispatch has a thorough article:

"The bodies of two women and an 11-year-old boy were found stuffed in a hollow tree in the Kokosing Lake Wildlife Area in northwestern Knox County, an area that had eluded a series of non-stop searches. White hearses headed into the area just before 5 p.m. today.

"Sheriff David B. Barber said the bodies were found in garbage bags inside a hollow tree. Hoffman, 30, was a tree-trimmer with his own tree-climbing equipment."

much more at
    http://www.dispatch.com/live/content...y.html?sid=101

39. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to wfgodot For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ronso View Post
    Can you elaborate or provide a link?

41. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Laddsy For This Useful Post:

Like I said- I probably shouldn't say since it's rumor and even if it is true, not something that should be leaked.

But use your imagination and it'll probably be correct.

Seth Andrew
    4/17/2012
    11 lbs.
    20.5"

43. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ronso For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast