652 users online (69 members and 583 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 45 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 666
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Chicago burbs
    Posts
    74,817

    OH - Two women & child killed, 13yo abducted, Apple Valley, 10 Nov 2010 #7

    Please continue here.
    Last edited by Salem; 11-18-2010 at 09:18 PM.
    ~JMO~

    A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown


    Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

    You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    a little west of southern hospitality.
    Posts
    2,199
    I am still wondering, did we get or was there any information from investigators that MH acted alone?

    I overheard the question during the brief, but the man at the mic said "I have to give that question over."

    Wondering if that has been brought up in MSM yet?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    9,245
    Valley Connection:

    Hoffman spent his first two years of high school living on West Lake Drive in Cortland, where one neighbor and mother of three girls says she was leery of Hoffman.

    http://www.wfmj.com/Global/story.asp?S=13521589
    Hoffman, who lived in Bazetta Township as a teenager, is the prime suspect in the crimes.

    http://www.wytv.com/content/news/loc...WTb-_0chQ.cspx



  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    4,456
    The local vigil that is now a memorial is ongoing right now; in case anyone wants to post on the FB pages or light a candle or have a moment of silence. It's from 7:30-10:30 pm EST tonite, 11/18/10.

    Tina Herrman and Kody Maynard
    Stephanie Sprang

    RIP Tina, Kody and Stephanie. And probably Tanner.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    NoVA
    Posts
    4,836
    I finally got caught up and am devestated to hear the details, but not surprised.

    Is the place I marked on the map the proper location?

    http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en...20ec4&t=h&z=12

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    30,166
    Quote Originally Posted by sherbetjello View Post
    I am still wondering, did we get or was there any information from investigators that MH acted alone?

    I overheard the question during the brief, but the man at the mic said "I have to give that question over."

    Wondering if that has been brought up in MSM yet?
    According to CNN in its coverage for today,

    "Police said Tuesday they did not believe Hoffman was working with an accomplice"

    http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/11/18/ohio.family/?hpt=T2

    I thought I heard Chief Barber reiterate that at the press conference today.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    between black and white
    Posts
    1,063
    In the presser, the sheriff said they have no reason to think anyone else is involved in this crime.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    treehouse
    Posts
    4,092
    Quote Originally Posted by sherbetjello View Post
    I am still wondering, did we get or was there any information from investigators that MH acted alone?

    I overheard the question during the brief, but the man at the mic said "I have to give that question over."

    Wondering if that has been brought up in MSM yet?

    The sheriff said today that have no information to believe anyone else was involved but MH.
    Justice for Nevaeh FB Group http://bit.ly/justice4nevaeh

    In Memory of Aja D. Johnson:
    http://bit.ly/AjaFacebookGroup

    In Memory of Ethan Stacy -
    http://bit.ly/inmemoryofethan










  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    9,245
    Bazetta Mother Recalls Knox County Kidnap Suspect

    A Bazetta mother says she is not shocked to find out a former Trumbull County man has been arrested on kidnapping charges, saying she was always fearful of him.

    "When I saw it on the news that it was the same kid, my first thought was oh my gosh that kid lived next door, and I knew he was bad, I didn't know why, I just felt he was bad," said Alice Morelli.

    Morelli said Matthew was a teenager when he lived next door to her and her family on Westlake Drive. She said the teen rarely spoke and would aggravate her dog, Kelly.

    "I think it is a mom's sense, it is probably if you get right down to it, a really fine reading of faces, expressions, but on the other hand my dog, my dog, hated him," Morelli recalled.

    http://www.wytv.com/mostpopular/stor...xCrNBAy4Q.cspx

    Video Interview with the former neighbour here:

    http://www.wytv.com/mediacenter/loca...et&navCatId=11


  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    between black and white
    Posts
    1,063
    An excellent source for those just tuning in. In most cases this isn't true, but this case is pretty much encapsulated in these news conferences.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Laffy
    Posts
    1,774
    Quote Originally Posted by hollye View Post
    I finally got caught up and am devestated to hear the details, but not surprised.

    Is the place I marked on the map the proper location?

    http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en...20ec4&t=h&z=12
    That's the general area....may be a little further south closer to the water but I'm not really sure.
    Everyone sees who you appear to be ... few really know who you are.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    7,109
    I think this....MOO

    Since he worked for a tree trimming company that also provided some sort of service inside the home perhaps the killer heard other employees talking about this family. The killer stakes out the house and watches them for a week or more...killer gets fired....he projects his anger on the family, or the trigger point could be anything! It was planned and this guy has killed before if the rumors are true about the bathtub incident. No way a first timer could do all this. He has experience.

    I wouldn't doubt it a bit if this killer bragged to his attorney how the cops won't find the body and stated exactly how and where he did it. Where upon his attorney would be compelled to inform the police. The police didn't lie, the information did come from the killer via the Attorney, and I can see a professional courtesy being given to the attorney by LE to the attorney. If I'm right, this guy will be getting another attorney soon.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    9,245
    Grand Jury Information Here:

    When asked if officials took the death penalty off the table in order to receive information on the location of the bodies, Knox County prosecutor John C. Thatcher replied that he could not say whether Hoffman had confessed to the killings
    .
    The county coroner will conduct autopsies and provide information to prosecutors, officials said.

    Thatcher said he is not sure yet what charges the evidence will support, but he expects to take the case to the grand jury within four to six weeks.

    http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/11/18/ohio.family/?hpt=T2


  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    4,456
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Bazetta Mother Recalls Knox County Kidnap Suspect

    Quote:
    A Bazetta mother says she is not shocked to find out a former Trumbull County man has been arrested on kidnapping charges, saying she was always fearful of him.

    "When I saw it on the news that it was the same kid, my first thought was oh my gosh that kid lived next door, and I knew he was bad, I didn't know why, I just felt he was bad," said Alice Morelli.

    Morelli said Matthew was a teenager when he lived next door to her and her family on Westlake Drive. She said the teen rarely spoke and would aggravate her dog, Kelly.

    "I think it is a mom's sense, it is probably if you get right down to it, a really fine reading of faces, expressions, but on the other hand my dog, my dog, hated him," Morelli recalled.

    http://www.wytv.com/mostpopular/stor...xCrNBAy4Q.cspx

    Video Interview with the former neighbour here:

    http://www.wytv.com/mediacenter/loca...et&navCatId=11
    Thank you on behalf of Tanner.

    Maybe one of our local WS members can ask on the FB page about Tanner, if we don't get any report via MSM or LE in the next week or so.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Laffy
    Posts
    1,774
    Quote Originally Posted by grayjay View Post
    An excellent source for those just tuning in. In most cases this isn't true, but this case is pretty much encapsulated in these news conferences.
    That's the truth!! The sheriff was very impressive and well composed. He surprisingly released a great deal of information. I'm also impressed how the whole investigation was handled and how quickly it was done.

    The residents in Knox County, and other areas, really banded together trying to help as best they could. Last time I checked, there were an amazing 11,600+ "likes" on the FB site. A lot of people were saying a lot of prayers the past few days.
    Everyone sees who you appear to be ... few really know who you are.

Page 1 of 45 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. GUILTY OH - Two women & child killed, 13yo abducted, Apple Valley, 10 Nov 2010 #6
    By Cubby in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 979
    Last Post: 11-18-2010, 08:39 PM
  2. GUILTY OH - Two women & child killed, 13yo abducted, Apple Valley, 10 Nov 2010 #5
    By imamaze in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 506
    Last Post: 11-17-2010, 07:24 PM
  3. GUILTY OH - Two women & child killed, 13yo abducted, Apple Valley, 10 Nov 2010 #4
    By imamaze in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 542
    Last Post: 11-16-2010, 09:25 PM
  4. GUILTY OH - Two women & child killed, 13yo abducted, Apple Valley, 10 Nov 2010 #2
    By Salem in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 554
    Last Post: 11-15-2010, 01:42 PM
  5. GUILTY OH - Two women & child killed, 13yo abducted, Apple Valley, 10 Nov 2010 #1
    By darlin gal in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 693
    Last Post: 11-14-2010, 03:53 PM

Tags for this Thread