1336 users online (243 members and 1093 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Exclamation Make sure to check your car engine for snakes.

Link

Woman Finds Snake in Car Engine
    Animal Control extracts a 10 foot boa constrictor in Lancaster
    By ERIN RICHARDS
    Updated 12:30 PM PST, Thu, Nov 18, 2010

A woman in Lancaster found a snake under her car that was wrapped around her engine Wednesday.

After shopping, the woman saw the tail of the 10-foot boa constrictor underneath her car...

Link

Big Snake Pried Off Car Engine By 2 Men
    Posted: 5:09 pm EST November 8, 2009Updated: 11:56 pm EST November 8, 2009

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- It took wildlife management services workers more than two hours to coax a six-foot boa constrictor from the engine area of a car.

The snake slithered across a yard on Atrium Circle in Pine Hills around 1:45pm Saturday then made a beeline for the vehicle.

The car's owner, John Capo, witnessed the snake go toward his Nissan Maxima. When Capo lifted the hood, he saw it resting on the engine. Suddenly, the snake slithered beneath the engine and coiled itself around a hose....

My mechanic (since retired) opened the hood of a car for a customer one time because the customer was complaining the car was running really rough and when he lifted the hood a squirrel jumped out and scared the poopy out of him. Evidently squirrels like to chew on the wires.

Thanks for the warning's Steely! Not that I'm going to look in my car engine or under my car. Petrified of snakes.

Just a few years ago, I had the terrifiying experience of seeing a snake in my basement. It turned out to be a little "garden snake", but I'm sure my screams were loud enough for the whole neighborhood to hear!

If I ever was that close to a boa constrictor....I'd either run for my life, or more likely just pass out.

Quote Originally Posted by bogeygal View Post
    Thanks for the warning's Steely! Not that I'm going to look in my car engine or under my car. Petrified of snakes.

Just a few years ago, I had the terrifiying experience of seeing a snake in my basement. It turned out to be a little "garden snake", but I'm sure my screams were loud enough for the whole neighborhood to hear!

If I ever was that close to a boa constrictor....I'd either run for my life, or more likely just pass out.
    What she said!

You two crack me up.

Hey, I know a few people I'd like to put a snake under their engine.Not to hurt the snake of course, but to scare the bajeppers out of them.

Man, Florida. They have all kinds of reptile stuff going on down there. Gotta gate the cars too I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Dan View Post
    What she said!
    She did?

I didn't see that. Heck it was hard for me to even read about snakes!

I couldn't find a smiley button for snakes. Do we have one here?

This happened to us a few years ago. There was an extra cord in the car engine that turned out to be no cord after all. It was a small snake and a harmless species but it was very hard to get out of there.

Yes we have that problem down here all the time!!

Here is Snake Smiley

Good Article on why this is happening.

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/scienc...rry-About.html
    “These comments are my own personal opinions only and do not necessarily reflect the positions or opinions of others, W.S. or their affiliates. My posts are not to hurt or cause damage to anyone. They are merely something to ponder. All comments are based upon the current information that I know in this case and my own personal experiences. I am not posting as a professional posters and/or a verified locals/insiders* . You should conduct independent research to verify the validity of any statements made in this post before basing any decisions upon those statements. In addition, any views or opinions expressed by posters who quote my post to this thread are theirs and not mind, and I respect that."

I am not afraid of snakes like I am spiders.I will admit to NEVER going to the bathroom in the dark though.I have heard of snakes being inside of toilets.....damn that!

Im pretty new to Fl. Last month I found a dead smelling snake directly behind my car on the driveway. I called the landlord and he come down and got it, but I dont understand how it got there. Im sure I would have seen it pulling into the drive way. Some think a large bird had it, and he dropped it. omg!!!! Now I have to watch the sky as well?

Quote Originally Posted by orb4me View Post
    Im pretty new to Fl. Last month I found a dead smelling snake directly behind my car on the driveway. I called the landlord and he come down and got it, but I dont understand how it got there. Im sure I would have seen it pulling into the drive way. Some think a large bird had it, and he dropped it. omg!!!! Now I have to watch the sky as well?
    Don't be lookin up when birds are flying above!!!!

Beautiful Rox.
    Sept. 18, 1997 - May 26 2012
    Rest peacefully my love I'll forever miss you.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by drip~drop View Post
    Don't be lookin up when birds are flying above!!!!

Don't be lookin up when birds are flying by for a much more common reason IMO

splat

Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi I Stand With Standing Rock

Quote Originally Posted by tlcox View Post

Don't be lookin up when birds are flying by for a much more common reason IMO

splat
    I didn't even have to look up when I got the splat! I live in an apartment building that's very near the lake so our parking lot is constantly swarmed by gulls, I was changing my brakes one Saturday morning and SPLAT!! Right down the back of my neck!

And as far as snakes go... NO THANKS! My father painted target lines with points (5pts, 10pts,....) along the side of his barn for when he mows the lawn just so he could target practice.
    R.I.P Jenni-Lyn Watson

"The test of the morality of a society is what it does for its children." ~Dietrich Bonhoeffer
    "From the deepest desires often come the deadliest hate." ~Socrates

aw. poor lil snakes.

If I were to come out and find a ten foot boa hangin off my car I would take him home! (but only if I could get ahold of my hubby to make sure he would build me an enclosure for it)

I have always wanted to take one half of a room and build a massive constrictor encluser made of reinforced plexiglass.

yeah, I know, I'm not your average gal.

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

Quote Originally Posted by tlcox View Post
    aw. poor lil snakes.

If I were to come out and find a ten foot boa hangin off my car I would take him home! (but only if I could get ahold of my hubby to make sure he would build me an enclosure for it)

I have always wanted to take one half of a room and build a massive constrictor encluser made of reinforced plexiglass.

yeah, I know, I'm not your average gal.
    oh, I couldn't do it.. I'm a rough and tumbly girl at heart but I tell you what.. snakes and spiders will get you a view of the lace on my undies... (and not in any good way...) I've picked up almost everything that crawls and lurks in the woodpiles up here in Central NY, but snakes I just can't do... not even lil itty bitty tiny grass snakes... I don't know what it is... but seriously... snakes freak me the H3ll out. I've tried. I swear. I just can't.

And if I found one in my car or wrapped around my engine... there'd be a listing on craigslist so freakin fast... "USED CAR, EXCELLENT CONDITION, FREE PET SNAKE WITH REASONABLE OFFER!!!!!!"
    R.I.P Jenni-Lyn Watson

"The test of the morality of a society is what it does for its children." ~Dietrich Bonhoeffer
    "From the deepest desires often come the deadliest hate." ~Socrates

*cackles* @JL

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast