1004 users online (183 members and 821 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 108
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    4,852

    Terri's Constitutional Rights

    What Are "Constitutional Rights"?

    Constitutional rights are those rights which are described in the Federal Constitution, and the constitution of your state. Your constitutional rights are your strongest protection against improper police conduct, and wrongful conviction. Most constitutional rights were composed in reaction to specific abuses by British authorities, during Colonial times. The rights described in the Federal Constitution must be observed by all agents of the federal government.

    What Are My Most Important Federal Constitutional Rights, In Criminal Proceedings? (to find out - click on link)

    http://www.expertlaw.com/library/cri...tution.html#Q3

    My comment: If your face happens to be the last face remembered by a witness at the scene of a murder - you will want the best criminal defense attorney you can afford. I'm sure you will want him/her to know the Constitution inside and out so that he/she will afford to you all that this country has to offer. Just think of the trauma an innocent person experiences when sitting on 'death row'. moo mho
    Please think long and hard before calling a child a 'run-a-way':
    You might be giving a 'perk' to the 'perp'.


    Democracy requires the occasional necessity of deferring to the opinions of other people. (Winston Churchill)

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    2,358
    Quote Originally Posted by eyes4crime View Post
    What Are "Constitutional Rights"?

    Constitutional rights are those rights which are described in the Federal Constitution, and the constitution of your state. Your constitutional rights are your strongest protection against improper police conduct, and wrongful conviction. Most constitutional rights were composed in reaction to specific abuses by British authorities, during Colonial times. The rights described in the Federal Constitution must be observed by all agents of the federal government.

    What Are My Most Important Federal Constitutional Rights, In Criminal Proceedings? (to find out - click on link)

    http://www.expertlaw.com/library/cri...tution.html#Q3

    My comment: If your face happens to be the last face remembered by a witness at the scene of a murder - you will want the best criminal defense attorney you can afford. I'm sure you will want him/her to know the Constitution inside and out so that he/she will afford to you all that this country has to offer. Just think of the trauma an innocent person experiences when sitting on 'death row'. moo mho
    What does this have to do with Kaines interview? What about Kyrons constitutional rights? Terri Horman is not more important than this missing child. Drew Peterson has constitutional rights but that didn't stop people from "sleuthing" him out for MONTHS before he was arrested, which will ultimately happen to Terri Horman, and sometimes in life, constitutional rights dont mean anything, this woman has given so much sketchy shady behavior in wake of Kyron going missing, its all Terris faults if people are talking about her, maybe next time she will learn its not cool to send a picture of her masturbating to her husbands friend and all that WEEKS after Kyron went missing, she is like a bull in a china shop.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    4,852
    Quote Originally Posted by Chablis View Post
    What does this have to do with Kaines interview? What about Kyrons constitutional rights? Terri Horman is not more important than this missing child. Drew Peterson has constitutional rights but that didn't stop people from "sleuthing" him out for MONTHS before he was arrested, which will ultimately happen to Terri Horman, and sometimes in life, constitutional rights dont mean anything, this woman has given so much sketchy shady behavior in wake of Kyron going missing, its all Terris faults if people are talking about her, maybe next time she will learn its not cool to send a picture of her masturbating to her husbands friend and all that WEEKS after Kyron went missing, she is like a bull in a china shop.
    I feel our Constitutional rights are important, they are part of each and every case we follow here on WS. It has nothing to do with sleuthing. Drew Peterson's rights are in question here in Illinois due to making a law after the crime...the hearsay law. Drew is as guilty as an apple is an apple, but he will walk if his rights aren't protected. That would be a terrible thing. moo mho

    If Terri is guilty and her Constitutional Rights are not afforded to her, protected, and honored, before and after arrest, and during a trial, a judge will dismiss the case...no doubt about that. She will walk. No justice for our Kyron, Kaine, or anyone if that happens. moo mho
    Please think long and hard before calling a child a 'run-a-way':
    You might be giving a 'perk' to the 'perp'.


    Democracy requires the occasional necessity of deferring to the opinions of other people. (Winston Churchill)

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    2,358
    Quote Originally Posted by eyes4crime View Post
    I feel our Constitutional rights are important, they are part of each and every case we follow here on WS. It has nothing to do with sleuthing. Drew Peterson's rights are in question here in Illinois due to making a law after the crime...the hearsay law. Drew is as guilty as an apple is an apple, but he will walk if his rights aren't protected. That would be a terrible thing. moo mho

    If Terri is guilty and her Constitutional Rights are not afforded to her, protected, and honored, before and after arrest, and during a trial, a judge will dismiss the case...no doubt about that. She will walk. No justice for our Kyron, Kaine, or anyone if that happens. moo mho
    I think we have to have confidence that LE is not stupid, I mean, can you give me an example how Terri's rights have been violated? Maybe that should be a new thread because I would really like to hear anything that indicates this. At this point she should be so lucky she does not live in Florida, land of the sunshine law.

    jmo

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    3,730
    I think our constitutional rights are extremely important as well. But the idea that a trial has become a way for high priced lawyers to select "perfect" juries for the accused...then "play" the jury by appealing to what they have learned about them in polls, followed by obfuscating the evidence, confusing and confounding the witnesses , and presented PAID dueling experts...seems to be harmful to the rights of a victim and far from what a "justice system" should be about.

    Which is justice and truth.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    219
    Quote Originally Posted by stmarysmead View Post
    I think our constitutional rights are extremely important as well. But the idea that a trial has become a way for high priced lawyers to select "perfect" juries for the accused...then "play" the jury by appealing to what they have learned about them in polls, followed by obfuscating the evidence, confusing and confounding the witnesses , and presented PAID dueling experts...seems to be harmful to the rights of a victim and far from what a "justice system" should be about.

    Which is justice and truth.
    ITA, in many cases -- especially high profile capitol cases, it's just a big freakin' game. No concern for justice or the true spirit of the Constitution. Just looking for a way to manipulate the system and all of the *protections* afforded to murderers (you gave some great examples of this), score a win and get progressively bigger and bigger cha-chings at retainer time. As we witnessed in this case. Maybe Houze can land an "expert" gig at CNN and a book deal when he's done with this one. Makes me absolutely sick.

  7. #7
    pufnstuf's Avatar
    pufnstuf is offline "Yes, she's emotionally disturbed. She's unbalanced!"
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Evil forest
    Posts
    3,329
    Quote Originally Posted by Chablis View Post
    I think we have to have confidence that LE is not stupid, I mean, can you give me an example how Terri's rights have been violated? Maybe that should be a new thread because I would really like to hear anything that indicates this. At this point she should be so lucky she does not live in Florida, land of the sunshine law.

    jmo
    Terri's rights have not been violated. If they had been, Houze would be on top of it. After all, she's got the best criminal defense attorney someone else's money can buy.

    I'm really perplexed at how a thread about Kaine's appearance on GMA has evolved into a thread about Terri's constitutional rights.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    4,852
    Quote Originally Posted by Chablis View Post
    I think we have to have confidence that LE is not stupid, I mean, can you give me an example how Terri's rights have been violated? Maybe that should be a new thread because I would really like to hear anything that indicates this. At this point she should be so lucky she does not live in Florida, land of the sunshine law.

    jmo
    LE are human and mistakes are made not because of stupidity, but because of the 'human' factor. Guess if you sit here in Chicago and see Kevin Fox thrown behind bars for the rape and murder of his 3yo all for the sake of headlines for an upcoming election involving a presecutor, you become a bit leary.

    For some reason, I'm very concerned about Constitutional rights being violated in this case - not sure why.

    Maybe it's because Houze seems to have a specialty in technicalities.

    Maybe it's because of the questionnaire/pictures put out by LE of Terri and her car, sent to peoples' homes and spread all over the internet...and later with pics of her friend Dede.

    And for my own reasons - I value our Constitutional rights and feel that without them, we are just any old 3rd world country where any one of us could be thrown in prison out of convenience. I value criminal defense attorneys and their ability to afford Constitutional Rights to the defendant. I also value good prosecutors. I value all those with professional ethics and have disdain for those without.

    All just moo
    Please think long and hard before calling a child a 'run-a-way':
    You might be giving a 'perk' to the 'perp'.


    Democracy requires the occasional necessity of deferring to the opinions of other people. (Winston Churchill)

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    2,358

    Terri's Constitutional Rights

    Does anyone think her rights have been violated? Please give examples and reasons if you think her rights have been violated, I think it could be an interesting conversation.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    3,262
    I definitely do not feel that Terri's rights have been violated. It appears to me that she wasn't the least bit concerned about Kyron, Kaine, Desiree, or baby K's rights when she caused Kyron's disappearance. Additionally, as much money as she is paying for her high-priced attorney, I would think he would step up to the plate if he thought her rights were being violated in any way, shape, or form. ~JMO~


  11. #11
    pufnstuf's Avatar
    pufnstuf is offline "Yes, she's emotionally disturbed. She's unbalanced!"
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Evil forest
    Posts
    3,329
    Nope, Nada, No Way.

    And I don't think that there's any danger of her constitutional rights being violated at any time in the future. It's not like she has a public defender trying his first case. She's got high-dollar "lawyer extodainairre" Steven Houze in her corner.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,226
    I can't think of any thing, where her constitutional rights have been violated. Except maybe her attorney's violating her freedom of speech rights,snark.
    Nothing I have seen, shows any violating of her rights.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by eyes4crime View Post
    LE are human and mistakes are made not because of stupidity, but because of the 'human' factor. Guess if you sit here in Chicago and see Kevin Fox thrown behind bars for the rape and murder of his 3yo all for the sake of headlines for an upcoming election involving a presecutor, you become a bit leary.

    For some reason, I'm very concerned about Constitutional rights being violated in this case - not sure why.

    Maybe it's because Houze seems to have a specialty in technicalities.

    Maybe it's because of the questionnaire/pictures put out by LE of Terri and her car, sent to peoples' homes and spread all over the internet...and later with pics of her friend Dede.

    And for my own reasons - I value our Constitutional rights and feel that without them, we are just any old 3rd world country where any one of us could be thrown in prison out of convenience. I value criminal defense attorneys and their ability to afford Constitutional Rights to the defendant. I also value good prosecutors. I value all those with professional ethics and have disdain for those without.

    All just moo
    Which constitutional right are you concerned about?

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    3,730
    LE has been meticulous in building their case. Additionally, some Deep Pocket has dropped from the sky to provide Terri with two if her state's finest lawyers. How often does THAT happen?

    Lucky Terri. She is sexting while this child's parents become a skeleton (Kaine) and the very image of suffering (Desiree).

    This woman has no complaint about her "rights." If evidence is piling up, it's coming from her words, actions, and decisions.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    43,418
    Thanks for keeping me in line Jo in California LOL

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Judge frees Sexually Violent Predator on constitutional grounds
    By shadowraiths in forum Up to the Minute
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-29-2011, 10:50 PM
  2. Replies: 29
    Last Post: 08-24-2010, 12:20 AM
  3. Would Terri have had any Rights to Kyron as a Step?
    By gitana1 in forum Kyron Horman
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 07-28-2010, 02:42 PM
  4. Court: There's No Constitutional Right To A Lap Dance
    By mysteriew in forum Bizarre and Off-Beat News
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-05-2005, 05:37 PM

Tags for this Thread